[Q] S view or Quick Circle Case??

Search This thread

vamshi88

Jul 30, 2012
Hi Guys,

I really like the concept of S view or Quick Circle i have seen one or two such cases on the interwebs and wondered, does OPO has the hardware to support such kind of cases?:silly:

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
The idea behind the s view case is that the amoled screen on Samsung devices save power by using less of the screen since an amoled screen only draws as much power as is on the screen. LG use an LCD panel like the OnePlus and have copied the idea with their circle cut out, for what ever reason I don't know, it doesn't save power. The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjjferreira

Dec 18, 2006
Oeiras
I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...

vamshi88

Jul 30, 2012
The key requirement is a hall sensor, a magnetic switch that tells the phone when the flip cover is closed. The oneplus does not have a hall sensor.

any second thoughts(if the video is true)? Also i understand this might/does not save any power but a cool feature to have.

I think i saw a video of the opo where the flip case made the screen to turn on. So i guess it has the hall sensor...

I have a feeling you might be talking about this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwRf6pVrM0

CoCoGirl886

Mar 26, 2011
I've read on the Opo forum that cases like the above don't work for international Opo. It seems to be designed for the Color OS rom. I'm holding off from getting the Nillkin Sparkle case because I'm not sure if it would work properly.

Wait so that case (and the Nillkin Sparkle) will work with the Global version sold from the OnePlus one store?

any second thoughts(if the video is true)? Also i understand this might/does not save any power but a cool feature to have.

I have a feeling you might be talking about this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwRf6pVrM0
If I place a magnet 2/3 down the rhs of the phone's edge, my phone will turn off. I am sure that something can be done with this so that we can all profit from a QuickWindow Case. eg. Nillkin

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
If I place a magnet 2/3 down the rhs of the phone's edge, my phone will turn off. I am sure that something can be done with this so that we can all profit from a QuickWindow Case. eg. Nillkin
Mine behave the same, I think there must be a hal sensor.

I think cm11 has introduced hal sensor drivers because cm11 on my s4mini the sensor works