[ROM][WIP] CM9-marvel-UNOFFICIAL [UPDATE: April 25th]

Search This thread

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
@all I would like to say sorry for not being online much lately and not being able to fix bugs I have said to a few users via pm the reason and thought ill say it publicly, I am going through a tough time at the moment in my personal life I.e me and my family are expecting the death of my uncle very soon due to cancer so please forgive me for going awol.

On the brighter side I will be testing a new kernel with a tweak that's meant to boost the I/O performance and if it goes the way I hope it goes I will upload it for user testing ;)

Sent from my Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Ko_Ka

Oct 30, 2011
Dublin
@all I would like to say sorry for not being online much lately and not being able to fix bugs I have said to a few users via pm the reason and thought ill say it publicly, I am going through a tough time at the moment in my personal life I.e me and my family are expecting the death of my uncle very soon due to cancer so please forgive me for going awol.

On the brighter side I will be testing a new kernel with a tweak that's meant to boost the I/O performance and if it goes the way I hope it goes I will upload it for user testing ;)

Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully your uncle is in no pain.....

New kernel sounds great, ready whenever you are, no rush man - family first....

:)

davidang

Apr 2, 2012

My condolence

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

Fikus011

Jan 15, 2012
Perth

Sorry to hear for the first part of your post m8.
Glad to hear about second part-you talking 2.6.35 i presume? it would be imposible its about 3.0--that would be way to fast concidering all the work that needs to be done

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
Although I would love a CM9 that deep sleeps and functions well, I know how much Cancer sucks and how it can do a number on a family. Hang in there, be productive, and be there for your family.

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London

My deepest condolences my friend. I pray that you have ease, and forget about the kernel. Spend time with whoever you need to. ;)

vbhtt

Aug 24, 2011
Mumbai

Been there done that :)
Dont worry mate, keep it up!!!

WoefulDerelict

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle, WA
Wicked Props.

I've been exploring your work and I am genuinely impressed with the quality at this stage. The blue hue in the camera is the only stand out glitch I've encountered which is pretty amazing for a pseudo public alpha. While testing software on the devices in my Android stable I often find much rougher work passed off as a release quality product.

I'm very sorry to hear about eoghan2t7's uncle and my heart goes out to him and his family.

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Thanks guys for the support I'm just home now from my last post :( I tried that tweak and it failed to compile because of missing files so ill add them tomorrow after I get some sort of sleep ill keep you all updated on the tweak ;)

dudong

Dec 12, 2011
beijing
I've been exploring your work and I am genuinely impressed with the quality at this stage. The blue hue in the camera is the only stand out glitch I've encountered which is pretty amazing for a pseudo public alpha. While testing software on the devices in my Android stable I often find much rougher work passed off as a release quality product.

I'm very sorry to hear about eoghan2t7's uncle and my heart goes out to him and his family.

+1

SanderTheNinja

Feb 19, 2012
lelystad, NL

I wish you much strength, you deserve it!

Hi ! I would like to know what's the stage of CM9 porting, if someone could tell me :D .

I am new around here and before you ask, yes I read the first page of the thread and a few ones after and I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Everything is working except camera ? :)

Can you also provide me with a download link or site where I could get the latest build ?

Thank you very much for your time !

SanderTheNinja

Feb 19, 2012
lelystad, NL
Hi ! I would like to know what's the stage of CM9 porting, if someone could tell me :D .

I am new around here and before you ask, yes I read the first page of the thread and a few ones after and I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Everything is working except camera ? :)

Can you also provide me with a download link or site where I could get the latest build ?

Thank you very much for your time !

Look in modpunks thread, he has released alpha1. its in the dev section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project trying to get CyanogenMod 9 working on the HTC Wildfire S.

If you are a developer and you're working on a device with msm7x27 hardware, contact me, we have a dev only IRC channel to work together.

People who helped during development, with their input, knowledge and patches:

alquez (CM7 port and kernel fixes)
    Droste (Input, help and patches)
    PabloPL (Thanks for the input)
    WinSuk We worked together on fixes for Marvel and Liberty

There will be an official marvel (unofficial CM9) release next week (week 18). I need to prepare for that.

TODO:
    * Get camera fully working.

The HTC Aria (Liberty) uses the my kernel tree now. Thanks WinSuk for the trust :)

NOTE: Don't send me private messages asking for a HOWTO. Everything is documented in the CyanogenMod Wiki. You can't help if you're not able to set it up on your own.

SOURCES: http://git.cryptomilk.org/
    I've just fixed USB Mass Storage (thanks WinSuk for the hints).

I will do more testing here, polish the build and will release an ALPHA0 next week. I need to prepare uploads and bug reporting and add already known bugs.

This means you will get a real ROM from me.
    ChangeLog

ALHPA0

2012-04-25
    * KERNEL:
    - Fix ICS/HTC ril problems
    * ROM:
    - Fix USB Mass Storage
    - Fix memory leaks and pmem problems with camera (Thanks Droste)

2012-04-24
    * KERNEL:
    * ROM:
    - Fixed camera preview
    - Fixed GPS
    - Fixed YouTube
    - A lot of cleanups

2012-04-22
    * KERNEL:
    - Fixed usb_function_switch
    - Added more cpufreq governors
    - Set interactive governor as default
    * ROM:
    - Added initial camera support (not fully done)
    - Fixed RIL (Radio Interface Layer)

2012-04-20
    * KERNEL:
    - Added support for liberty
    - Added support for marvelc and marvelct
    I've just fixed GPS!!!

I will do some more testing and try with Droste to improve Camera support. After that I will release a ROM and allow bug reporting.
    I can take pictures with the camera, but the camera preview doesn't work right now.