[ODIN][UCLB3] UCLB3 Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included

Search This thread

batiatus

Jul 25, 2011
I Just did this. Went to all the setup and I rebotted my phone. NOw its stuck on a distorted screen with all this rainbow colors. Same thing happens when I try to reboot to recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks

J

jscott30

I Just did this. Went to all the setup and I rebotted my phone. NOw its stuck on a distorted screen with all this rainbow colors. Same thing happens when I try to reboot to recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, you're still running Froyo bootloaders. Go to the FAQ in the thread linked below to get the fix; question 1. Flash Gingerbread bootloaders to fix the rainbows, and if you still can't boot to UCLB3, flash this unbrick again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25177681

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

J

jscott30

There have been a few situations where folks have needed an unbrick solution lately. Remember, this is available and there's no reason to go all the way back to Froyo to get an unbrick + pit file for repartition.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
I did the complete stock one and saw rainbows on boot up. i had the GB bootloaders from when i did the official update. so what do you think do i need to flash the bootloaders even though i already had them?

Ps never saw rainbows when doin a ics rom or any other time

J

jscott30

I did the complete stock one and saw rainbows on boot up. i had the GB bootloaders from when i did the official update. so what do you think do i need to flash the bootloaders even though i already had them?

Ps never saw rainbows when doin a ics rom or any other time

I'm almost positive that once you have Gingerbread bootloaders, you can't downgrade them. Also, these Odin UCLB3 packages don't have anything that would affect bootloaders. If you continue to have rainbow artifacts at boot, though, it wouldn't hurt to flash the GB bootloader package in the FAQ of this thread.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
Since I'm stock for now hopefully I won't have to reboot. But if I do see it being a problem I'll give it a shot. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

J

jscott30

I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

If you have rainbow distortion, you still have Froyo bootloaders. You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. Only flash these if you are having issues with rainbow distortion, and only if you have had success flashing other, less dangerous items in Odin.

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Putting this here to link to it in my signature links:

I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

If you have rainbow distortion, you still have Froyo bootloaders. You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. Only flash these if you are having issues with rainbow distortion, and only if you have had success flashing other, less dangerous items in Odin.

Rumor on the street is that you're abandoning ship?
Say it ain't so, J.

:D

J

jscott30

Rumor on the street is that you're abandoning ship?
Say it ain't so, J.

:D

Hey qkster, I ended up getting an SGS3 (gets here on Weds.), so to keep my wife happy with the deal, I'm selling the Infuse. I'll still frequent the Infuse 4G threads, but obviously won't be able to do much more Infuse tinkering. I've learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for being so supportive. Hopefully I'll see some of you eventually in the SGS3 forum.

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Hey qkster, I ended up getting an SGS3 (gets here on Weds.), so to keep my wife happy with the deal, I'm selling the Infuse. I'll still frequent the Infuse 4G threads, but obviously won't be able to do much more Infuse tinkering. I've learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for being so supportive. Hopefully I'll see some of you eventually over HERE.

:)

It's been good to have your company. Devices come and go, hopefully good ppl stay around.

Will have to see what devices come down the road.;)

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
It's been good to have your company. Devices come and go, hopefully good ppl stay around.

I aint going no where....qkster....

skull1.gif

T

tmease1

This saved me tonight. Phone kept shutting off for some weird reason and it was acting stupid so i finally tried this unbrick and it got it up and going again. Thanks Jscott.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Last edited:

jhong91

Aug 5, 2011
]Hey Jscott,

I was running CM10, and wanted to go back to stock with this package

I ran into some problems...

I used USB jig to go into download mode, and ODIN recognized my phone
so i did everything the readme.txt said.

it got stuck here

Removed!!
Added!!
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
PDA_UCLB3.tar.md5 is valid.
PHONE_UCLB3.tar.md5 is valid.
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..

It was at this part for 15+ minutes so i panicked and looked around the forum and people seemed to have gotten it to work by removing the battery and reflashing via odin at a different usb port. So when i read that i pulled out my battery, and when i put the usb jig in to go into download mode, i see this image that i've never seen before. I will attach it on here...

It doesn't seem to do anything... Odin still recognizes my phone when i plug it in...but nothing happens...

any ideas?? I'd really like to flash this back to stock :(

thanks !

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgocEuz9j0

I'm having the exact same problem.. weird logo popping up...
USB jig in, that logo.
just regular power button boot, that logo.
3 button combo, that logo

Attachments

• IMG_20120731_001113.jpg
    IMG_20120731_001113.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can someone please give me a mirror for the stock + root file??? also the odin :S i cant download it because the link its broken.... :(

Both links are working for me - from PC.

Are you attempting to download from your phone? If so you will need to use a browser that supports downloads - Dolphin or Opera will work, as may others. Best method is to download to your PC then copy over via USB connection. This has the added benefit of helping to confirm that your USB cable is reliable - which is essential when flashing Odin or Heimdall packages.

Good luck! :good::):good:

Update - Odin 1.7 available here: http://d-h.st/gU0

You will also need to have the Samsung drivers for Infuse installed - use Kies, or Kies Mini (Available from Samsung web site).

You can also find newer versions of Odin (Google = Your Friend) which may be more reliable.

If Odin doesn't work for you there's a (sometimes) more reliable option that's been put together using Heimdall by a kid who shows a lot of potential. His thread is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524081 :laugh:

skull1.gif
    Hey qkster, I ended up getting an SGS3 (gets here on Weds.), so to keep my wife happy with the deal, I'm selling the Infuse. I'll still frequent the Infuse 4G threads, but obviously won't be able to do much more Infuse tinkering. I've learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for being so supportive. Hopefully I'll see some of you eventually over HERE.

skull1.gif

I'm always glad to see you around, bro.
    Mirror for Odin and Heimdall UCLB3 Unbricks

Since Dev-Host is down...

---- Mirrors for two different options for UCLB3 stock with repartitioning ----

Odin - UCLB3 Unbrick with Repartition

Heimdall - UCLB3 Unbrick with Repartion

(Note - these are 100% stock. Neither have a custom kernel/recovery)