Nexus 7 Mic stopped working

Search This thread

lmoreira

Jan 19, 2008
Almost having sex with N7...

I am also having problems with the microphone of nexus 7. I have observed two things. If i hold the device in portrait mode then the microphone works sometimes and sometimes not. And if i rotate it into landscape mode then it always works but then there is noise. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Same here. I kissed, sucked, now I'm gonna have _sex_ with my N7. Now that is have a personal experience with technology.

fuphy

Jan 18, 2013
success!

Its not the toggle on/off but I have fixed mine with a rather strange fix.

Put your lips over the mic hole and gently suck for a second or two, this fixed mine. If you tap the back panel you will see it is working slightly(on Google now) but after doing the suck trick fixed the issue. Hope it works for you.

I'm happy to report that I sucked and it worked. Thank you!

ok2ok

Aug 22, 2012
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I found that when my Nexus 7 was put in *Portrait* mode, the mic on the top left was enabled(can hear sound), while the mic on the left side was disabled(can't hear sound); when it was put in *Landscape* mode, the mic on the top left(near the camera) was disabled and the other was enabled.

I'm using CM10.1 latest nightly.

Last edited:

ashjas

Feb 26, 2011
Sucking works for me too! thanks. now is this software neither hardware problem. its environmental! :p

gift123

May 10, 2011
mine works in landscape mode, but not working in portrait mode. Sadly sucking or cleaning did not work. Any chances this could be a Software issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try toggle the mic on/off?

Its not the toggle on/off but I have fixed mine with a rather strange fix.

Put your lips over the mic hole and gently suck for a second or two, this fixed mine. If you tap the back panel you will see it is working slightly(on Google now) but after doing the suck trick fixed the issue. Hope it works for you.