G2 Model Number : Unknown ...

Search This thread

xTremePower

Hello all,

I have a G2,
But when I go in settings, I have the good IMEI
I have the IMEI SV : 00
and in hardware information I have Model Number : Unknown....
It not make problem at all, but realy strange ... and on Google Play on computer, when I want to Install a new app, he let me choose this phone, but i have : Bouygues Unknown for model name

Some way to fix this ? I tryed to restore EFS, but change nothing

B

bachera

what rom are you running, return back to stock lol

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

B

bachera

seems like your efs backup was done after it went wrong. but not enirely certain.

B

bachera

ok, long shot. download the lg mobile software update tool and go download mode. check what happens. If it recognizes, you will loose al data, do update recovery.

maybe, just maybe.

which version do you have?

xTremePower

yes the tool recongnize it, I have the D2802 10A

And he say me than an update are avairable, and if I launch it he starts to DL a 1.9Go file.
I don't know it it will fix something, or just make a full wipe and restore stock....

I canceled it, I will launch it tomorrow, because I need my phone in the morning :)

PS : what is the difference to launch and upgrade with LG support Tool, or flashing a kdz file with the flash tool ?

B

bachera

both work the same, but I found that the lg support tool seems to work better with official latest roms. The other need if you want to flash a certain kdz, not available via the support tool.

it will wipe all. also sd.
best practice, only if on custom recovery wipe system data, cache and dalvik.
If not on custom, afterwards do a factory reset. Even if not on custom recovery. This so you have a clean stock situation.