Samsung Focus price drop looks PERMANENT

Search This thread

Syst3m

Oct 9, 2009
Could you ask him how he got it through AT&T? I just asked a branch store and they said they could not offer the $0.01 deal...

He had called them regarding his contract. When she cleared him for an upgrade, she started talking about all the offers. My buddy directed her to wireless.amazon.com to look at the Focus, she put him on hold and spoke to her manager who said they could authorize the price.

Amazon is still at a penny...and through them, you don't have to pay shipping either. I seriously got away with paying a friggin penny for this phone : ) Best one i've ever owned too..

Anchorite

Jan 24, 2009
He had called them regarding his contract. When she cleared him for an upgrade, she started talking about all the offers. My buddy directed her to wireless.amazon.com to look at the Focus, she put him on hold and spoke to her manager who said they could authorize the price.

Amazon is still at a penny...and through them, you don't have to pay shipping either. I seriously got away with paying a friggin penny for this phone : ) Best one i've ever owned too..

I definitely do not mind going through Amazon, but my biggest concern is getting my data plan grandfathered in. Do you know if its possible through Amazon?

Syst3m

Oct 9, 2009
I definitely do not mind going through Amazon, but my biggest concern is getting my data plan grandfathered in. Do you know if its possible through Amazon?

It is not. And i would assume that if you go to ATT and get the phone in contract to get the .01 price, you will need to change your data plan. Thats been my past experience.

I was worried about that too as i had the unlimited plan. When i used their handy usage reports, i found that i didnt use much more than 200-300 MB a month. So the 2 gig is good for me. I was surprised, i'm on it all the time, though not doing much browsing online.

Fuzzy John

Apr 22, 2010
It is not. And i would assume that if you go to ATT and get the phone in contract to get the .01 price, you will need to change your data plan. Thats been my past experience.

I was worried about that too as i had the unlimited plan. When i used their handy usage reports, i found that i didnt use much more than 200-300 MB a month. So the 2 gig is good for me. I was surprised, i'm on it all the time, though not doing much browsing online.

You can go thru Wirefly. $29.99 plus free shipping. During checkout they have an option to keep your existing data plan. I have not done this. I just went thru the steps and stopped short of completing the order.

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon

AFAIK, > 2 GB is only really necessary if you tether or stream a lot (Zune pass?) of content.

Anchorite

Jan 24, 2009
AFAIK, > 2 GB is only really necessary if you tether or stream a lot (Zune pass?) of content.

I do indeed tether; although I don't plan on doing any major downloading while on the connection I would still like to maintain that safety net (I can be big on streaming content at times)...I suppose its more of a psychological thing.

You can go thru Wirefly. $29.99 plus free shipping. During checkout they have an option to keep your existing data plan. I have not done this. I just went thru the steps and stopped short of completing the order.

This does look very tempting. Has anyone ordered through this?

Update: Looks like its a no go on Wirefly, its a Family Plan update and it reads 150 vs. the 29.99. Good try though.

Last edited:

Fuzzy John

Apr 22, 2010
Update: Looks like its a no go on Wirefly, its a Family Plan update and it reads 150 vs. the 29.99. Good try though.

You can select an individual plan. Short of posting a screenshot here are the optios I have up tothe point I need to provide my existing number for them to verify eligibility:
  • Data Plan: Keep My Unlimited Smartphone Data - Keep your existing smartphone monthly data feature (Monthly price will depend on current feature)
  • Messaging: Messaging Unlimited - send & receive unlimited text, picture, video or IM messages
  • Voicemail to SMS and/or Email: None
  • AT&T Smart Limits For Wireless Parental Controls: None
  • AT&T Family Map: none
  • AT&T Navigator: none

Reactions: Anchorite

dantegl36

Dec 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

That's actually b.s. if they try to make you "upgrade" aka "downgrade" your data plan when renewing your contract. Kiosk reps at malls are notorious for this and will tell you that it's the only way you can get a new phone. This is never the case. Reps make money when they upgrade lines but there is no benefit to the customer here so it is not a mandatory requirement to upgrade. If you're getting told it is then you're getting taken

FL5

Nov 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
I can confirm that wirefly lets you keep your grandfathered ATT unlimited data plan. I got mine free during a black Friday weekend deal by cashing in my upgrade for my lead line on my family plan.

Reflexx1

May 25, 2009
Amazon lets you keep your grandfathered plan also.

Well, it actually changes your plan, but you could call AT&T right after it registers and get it put back to your old unlimited plan.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can select an individual plan. Short of posting a screenshot here are the optios I have up tothe point I need to provide my existing number for them to verify eligibility:
    • Data Plan: Keep My Unlimited Smartphone Data - Keep your existing smartphone monthly data feature (Monthly price will depend on current feature)
    • Messaging: Messaging Unlimited - send & receive unlimited text, picture, video or IM messages
    • Voicemail to SMS and/or Email: None
    • AT&T Smart Limits For Wireless Parental Controls: None
    • AT&T Family Map: none
    • AT&T Navigator: none