Acer A700 Service Guide

Search This thread

mearoth

Apr 28, 2011
You know, i just found out that the mainboard replacement part for the A700 is titled A510 mainboard in the service manual. What I read from that is that you could just take your A510 and replace the display with one from the A700 and voila you upgraded the device :cool:
At least in hardware.

Sent from my A510 using XDA

claracorona

Aug 1, 2012
broken link

Can someone please provide an other link to download the Acer Iconia Tab A700 Service Guide? This one is broken.

Clara

goralpm

May 4, 2009
HI
Does anyone have this app: "ACTP"?
The program for the diagnosis device.
Thanks.

Last edited:

nevroe

Dec 1, 2013
gthspin numerous

I have been looking for the ACTP apk and came across this powerpoint file which gives info on the A100 service Rom. I presume we need to look for a service Rom and not just the ACTP apk.

I just got my Iconia back from service and they had forgotten to remove the ACTP :) I made a backup of it if you guys want it? :)

Mod edit: Link removed. Please post only direct, free links. No registration, no downloaders, no paid.

Last edited by a moderator:

goralpm

May 4, 2009
Yes please! My a700 also beck from services, but without this app.
So if you can please send me a copy.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

t.Lancer

Jun 14, 2010
I have been given an A510 for free. It has a cracked screen, the A700 seems identical but with a full HD screen. Has anyone tried putting the LCD from an A700 into the A510? The service manual states that the mainboard used is the same as the A510. So it should work. If that's the case, I'll just buy a replacement full HD LCD and install that.

Otherwise the A510 and A700 are identical, are they not?

Edit: after poking around in the service manual and googeling the LVDS transmitter part number (1RLP105ANQG8_QFN148_11X11) I found the schematic of the A510. In it seems to reference a "Picasso 2" and "Picasso M", which corresponds to the A700 and A510. On page 12 there are resistors that need to be set to work with either the Picasso M or Picasso 2. So it looks like you can't just swap the LCDs. more needs to be done to allow an a510 board to use an a700 LCD. But by the looks of it, it should be possible.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts