[Q] Any one else getting missing text messages?

Search This thread

Merlin3of5

Oct 22, 2012
Im running liquid smooth kit kat version Build Feb 15 with Polluti0n's Rom Patch. Some incoming text messages seems to disappear into oblivion. I've seen instances where text messages wont show until a reboot of the phone but nnever where the messages simply never show up. Has anyone else experienced this?

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Im running liquid smooth kit kat version Build Feb 15 with Polluti0n's Rom Patch. Some incoming text messages seems to disappear into oblivion. I've seen instances where text messages wont show until a reboot of the phone but nnever where the messages simply never show up. Has anyone else experienced this?

You had to know this was coming.........

If a text doesnt show up, how do you kniw its missing?

On my phone, but my guess is, you are new and post count is too low to post in development.
Have you searched the thread for similar issue?

I would say if it has not been documented before, you will be asked if this was a clean install?
Next would be to you format system?

I would flash again as I always flash twice anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Merlin3of5

Oct 22, 2012
You had to know this was coming.........

If a text doesnt show up, how do you kniw its missing?

On my phone, but my guess is, you are new and post count is too low to post in development.
Have you searched the thread for similar issue?

I would say if it has not been documented before, you will be asked if this was a clean install?
Next would be to you format system?

I would flash again as I always flash twice anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Ive only been running this rom for a couple of weeks but there have been maybe 4 to 5 instances where friends or coworkers have sent me a text that never made it to my phone. They did not get a "failed message" response either. None of these messages have ever shown up on my phone. I haven't seen any one else talking about it in the main thread for this rom so I thought I would post here and see if any one else has had this happen on any rom. In the past when a Rom had problems with receiving text messages I would reboot my phone and then they would all come piling in. I haven't reinstalled the rom yet so I suppose that is the next step to try.

Merlin3of5

Oct 22, 2012
Did some more digging and I think it may have to do with Google hangouts. It seems there have been quite a few people who have had problems with Hangouts being the default SMS app.