[Q] Stuck on Bootscreen, black boot loader, bricked?

Search This thread

Tobii5

May 19, 2014
Remagen
Google Glass
Google Pixel 3 XL
Hey Guys,

my HTC One M8 ran on GPE 4.4.3, but today came an OTA update, which I wanted to install.
So I clicked install and my phone restarted to TWRP and the update wasn't installed.

Then I found this tutorial and tried it.

http: / / htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-to/update-your-rooted-google-play-edition-htc-one-4-4-3-without-losing-any-data-0155404/

After flashing the OTA my boot loader menu turned black (image) and i wasn't able to install any Roms, also my phone sucks on boot screen.

Image: http: / / files.tobii5.de/assets/files/1/htc.png

Is it bricked?
I don't know what to do, please help me :(

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
It's certainly not bricked if you can access the boot loader.
Which recovery have you got installed now?

Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Jun 17, 2014
The device is an regular "sense-device", but i flashed a GPE Rom, and after i wanted to flash the GPE 4.4.4 OTA update, it crashed.
And the screenshot of my last post was taken, when i tried to flash the GPE Rom again.

Could you try a different ROM please? I would recommend SlimKat, and going from there if you want to change.

Reactions: Babydollll

Tobii5

May 19, 2014
Remagen
Google Glass
Google Pixel 3 XL
Could you try a different ROM please? I would recommend SlimKat, and going from there if you want to change.

I think this wouldn't change anything, because i also can't restore a sense backup, i've made after rooting my phone.
But i wonder, why my boot loader menu changed its background to black. I guess, i have to refresh the stock boot loader, but i don't know how to do that.

xxnatanxx

Mar 25, 2013
im having the same problem also. I have no OS. I have a rom on my mem but it wont flash and when i boot up my device it shows a unlocked lock that wasnt there before

Last edited:

xxnatanxx

Mar 25, 2013
I'm sorry i accidentally deleted your reply but everything seems to be working. I reflashed TWRP. Im going to flash a rom and see if it works. Thanks alot for your help.

Top Liked Posts