[Q] Note 8 VERY slow... now

Search This thread

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
I've had my 8 for several months but now it's starting to slow down. I have done everything except a factory reset (because thats just a pain in the ass) but it is still slow. Short of the reset does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I've had my 8 for several months but now it's starting to slow down. I have done everything except a factory reset (because thats just a pain in the ass) but it is still slow. Short of the reset does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I assume your battery drain is normal, or has not changed since the slowness has happened.

You have not stated if you rooted or custom ROM has been installed.

I found a few apps will do this time to time... depending on when they update. I always monitor my apps so troubling apps are always reverted back to their previous version.

You can use security 360 to monitor your tablet... It is a very good antivirus with some nice built in features. One is memory speed up and usage.
Basically it lets you know what apps are running in background, and releases them to speed up the tablet. I like it because it is like having 3 or 4 apps all into one and does not hog memory.

You can search the Q&A for battery drain if you have issues with battery as well ... there are many threads, so at least one will help. The lengthy threads have some good info near the end... as I try to help using simple methods that work with stock ROMs.

dtaylorr

If not rooted, do so and you can eliminate apps that you don't use and that suck up RAM. You can as well move programs to an SD Card to increase the memory available.

Additionally, rooted or not you can go in and clean out the cache of all your apps. They build up over time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
Went to Best Buy and talked to the Samsung rep and he had the answer! First, get rid of SPB launcher then use Clean Sweep (in the store) to get rid of bloatware. Fast as Hell now! App only works on non-rooted I think. But it DOES work! Thanks for the help!

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Went to Best Buy and talked to the Samsung rep and he had the answer! First, get rid of SPB launcher then use Clean Sweep (in the store) to get rid of bloatware. Fast as Hell now! App only works on non-rooted I think. But it DOES work! Thanks for the help!

SPB launcher??? It must have been rooted. I have a mostly stock ROM... never had speed issues, but it is all in the choice of apps I install.

Given that many apps are developer driven, and from my experience with developers here on the forum, makes me cautious about installing apps. I install only what I need and does the job cleanly. Sometimes the best apps are buggy when being updated to run 4.4.x, as I seen that a lot since Xmas. Though May has been a good start for the year... many apps have been sorted out, but still iffy as there are thousands of apps to choose from.

I places a thread, and an answer to battery, and apps disabling in a simple and minimalistic method. If anyone is interested, they can search for posts by me... they are within this year.

dtaylorr

Unneeded

SPB launcher??? It must have been rooted. I have a mostly stock ROM... never had speed issues, but it is all in the choice of apps I install.

Given that many apps are developer driven, and from my experience with developers here on the forum, makes me cautious about installing apps. I install only what I need and does the job cleanly. Sometimes the best apps are buggy when being updated to run 4.4.x, as I seen that a lot since Xmas. Though May has been a good start for the year... many apps have been sorted out, but still iffy as there are thousands of apps to choose from.

I places a thread, and an answer to battery, and apps disabling in a simple and minimalistic method. If anyone is interested, they can search for posts by me... they are within this year.

You should not have needed to uninstall SPB unless you already had a whole bunch of apps. I have 200+ Apps with no issues.

Also Clean Sweep is a nice app, but you can do this already without the added app. Open you Google search, look at the bottom left hand tab, open it and you can do the same thing.

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina

Nope. Not rooted and the launcher worked fine but apparently it slowed the system down. Now it's smokin'.