cant flash any rom

Search This thread

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
atrid hd rooted unlocked and custom recovery ,but i still cant falsh anyrom just goes to black screen and if i wait long enough it goes to a green screen, wtf right was running carbon kitkat but bricked on accident and rsd back to stock 4.1.1 and now can flash at all please help...................:confused:

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
So, you are on Stock right now? Did you flashed with RSD? Which recovery are you using?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Try flashing the bell stock ROM, then Philz, then a custom rom. I assume your phone boots with the stock ROM properly and you receive no errors when flashing a custom ROM.

Reactions: dgross1123

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
Try flashing the bell stock ROM, then Philz, then a custom rom. I assume your phone boots with the stock ROM properly and you receive no errors when flashing a custom ROM.

MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml that is the one i used and then rerooted with myth tool and then installed philz from fastboot ...still gett a black screen when i flash new rom , and yes did wipe multiple times factory , cache , and dalvik

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Try flashing the Mexico Retail or Bell Retail using RSD Lite instead of Myth.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
found it downloading now thnks ill let u no wht happens

To clear something up -- does your phone boot after flashing a fastboot? If no, you need to format the internal sd and change it's mount point to /data/media (use Philz CWM to do all that) -- that's a common error after downgrading from a 4.2+ rom to a 4.1.2- rom.

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
To clear something up -- does your phone boot after flashing a fastboot? If no, you need to format the internal sd and change it's mount point to /data/media (use Philz CWM to do all that) -- that's a common error after downgrading from a 4.2+ rom to a 4.1.2- rom.

ok link is a croupt file i will try the internal thing and is it ok to flash the mexico one even though im in us

Last edited:

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
ok well im now back fully stock, rooted and, runnin philz recovery i couldnt get either bell or mexico one to work should i try to flash now

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
ok well im now back fully stock, rooted and, runnin philz recovery i couldnt get either bell or mexico one to work should i try to flash now

Yep, just boot into recovery and make nandroid backup saved to the external sd before you flash anything (you risk wiping it accidentally if stored to the internal sd). That way if anything goes wrong all you have to do is boot into recovery and restore your backup.

Reactions: dgross1123

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
Yep, just boot into recovery and make nandroid backup saved to the external sd before you flash anything (you risk wiping it accidentally if stored to the internal sd). That way if anything goes wrong all you have to do is boot into recovery and restore your backup.

ok so i still get noting tried to flash cm10 after full wipe and still only get to unlocked bootloader screen then the screen goes black does anyone have the jb ota update that works
:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ok so i still get noting tried to flash cm10 after full wipe and still only get to unlocked bootloader screen then the screen goes black does anyone have the jb ota update that works
    :(

Try flashing a CM11 ROM. I use Validus 5.1 on mine and it's great.
    ok so valdius worked wtf havent been able to flash for weeks thk u guys

Glad you got it to work. There are other great ROMs out there to use while we wait for the official KK ROM, if it ever comes.
    Glad you got it to work. There are other great ROMs out there to use while we wait for the official KK ROM, if it ever comes.

The kernel source for the RAZR M KK OTA has been released and the dev team, dhacker in particular, have been merging it with the moto-msm8960-dt kernel. Us, as in Atrix HD users, will likely have custom KitKat with a 3.4 kernel before official KitKat with a 3.4 kernel. Huzzah.