[Q] Is my SCH-i925 permanently bricked?

Search This thread

diavolo770

Mar 23, 2009
Canton
Here's my situation, I have a VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 that was on MH2 and I tried rooting with the Framaroot method which didn't work. Against my better judgement and the research I did, I tried using the Kingo root method which seemed like it was going to work since I had the Superuser app request root permission (which I granted) just before rebooting. This is where I'm stuck now -- the GNote is stuck in a perpetual loop and all I can manage to get is the "downloading" screen. What I've tried so far to recover it is flashing the stock VZW firmware with every version of Odin I can find and all fail just after it appears to flash the boot image. I tried using Heimdall via a GUI and command line of both a Windows PC and a Mac to flash anything I could get it to take but nothing would stick. I have searched for a .pit file to try and repartition but I don't think I've found any that were actually for the VZW variant of the 10.1. I talked to Samsung support (acted as if I had no ide what happened) and they advised me to take it to a Samsung Experience location in my local Best Buy. I did that and the person there tried using the emergency recovery which also failed. I'm at a loss. Every possible solution I may have found I've tried twice and nothing has yet to get me any progress. Can anyone suggest something that I haven't tried yet?

warlord002

Dec 19, 2007
Here's my situation, I have a VZW Galaxy Note 10.1 that was on MH2 and I tried rooting with the Framaroot method which didn't work. Against my better judgement and the research I did, I tried using the Kingo root method which seemed like it was going to work since I had the Superuser app request root permission (which I granted) just before rebooting. This is where I'm stuck now -- the GNote is stuck in a perpetual loop and all I can manage to get is the "downloading" screen. What I've tried so far to recover it is flashing the stock VZW firmware with every version of Odin I can find and all fail just after it appears to flash the boot image. I tried using Heimdall via a GUI and command line of both a Windows PC and a Mac to flash anything I could get it to take but nothing would stick. I have searched for a .pit file to try and repartition but I don't think I've found any that were actually for the VZW variant of the 10.1. I talked to Samsung support (acted as if I had no ide what happened) and they advised me to take it to a Samsung Experience location in my local Best Buy. I did that and the person there tried using the emergency recovery which also failed. I'm at a loss. Every possible solution I may have found I've tried twice and nothing has yet to get me any progress. Can anyone suggest something that I haven't tried yet?

Have you try Reboot into recovery and Wipe data/cache . Many time doing a data and cache wipe will get me back up .

bryancedwards

Jan 20, 2011
Chicago
SCH-i925 PIT located

I also have this situation, help me find a pit file
I have a similar situation where my VZW LTE i925 can only access download mode. I have tried flashing the stock firmware with the below results. I have sourced a PIT; however, when flashed it to fails. I have searched the forums for quite some time and I cant seem to locate anything solid that works. Can someone help me get this device up and running?

I have located the following files for the SCH-i925:
recovery1.tar.md5
sboot.bin
SCHI925.PIT
These files were found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252630

I have also downloaded stock firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=24285
KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

I also have:
KIES_HOME_I925UVXAMD1_I925UUSCAMD1_1098858_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

Nothing I do seems to work. I see a progress bar but invariablyNAND write fails at some point. Can anyone give some guidance? I know search is my friend but apparently I am very lost. Please help, thanks!

Below is the Odin error I receive when flashing the stock firmware from sammobile.com:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

vaxxar

Sep 4, 2014
help

I'm in the exact same boat has anyone found a solution. I don't care about vzw just need my tab back up and running any advice would be awesome I've tried all of the same. I did get an error saying no partition when trying to flash so this may be relevant but can't flash pit file tries downloading and pulling out from device. I was able to pull pit out but can't flash anything

Ura535

Sep 20, 2012
XDA-Developers
I'm in the exact same boat has anyone found a solution. I don't care about vzw just need my tab back up and running any advice would be awesome I've tried all of the same. I did get an error saying no partition when trying to flash so this may be relevant but can't flash pit file tries downloading and pulling out from device. I was able to pull pit out but can't flash anything

Were you able to return the tablet to its original state?

Ura535

Sep 20, 2012
XDA-Developers
it was restored to its previous state,
through ATF Box
6cf04f531d1b.jpg

ca397ffe093e.jpg

original post

geekyhawkes

May 2, 2007
Anyone figure this out??

So totally non committal, but I managed to fix my Note 10.1 today I hope it works for you.

I had been trying to upgrade to android 4.4.2 using a custom rooted rom but got stuck in a boot loop with my only option as download mode (no CWM, no reset, nothing just bootloop download only).

As a last resort I downloaded a Note 10.1Android 4.0.4 pit file and flashed it from odin 3.07 (pit file selected, Auto Reboot ticked, Re-partition ticked, F.Reset Time ticked - everything else unticked). Flashed the pit file, let the tablet reset and then it picked up the android update as though all was fine. The device is now working fine and without issue.

The .pit file i used is attached. Cant promise it will work, but I hope you have the same luck I do.

Attachments

• GT-N8000_note10.zip
    892 bytes · Views: 826
Reactions: vaxxar

ddickenson

Dec 4, 2007
So totally non committal, but I managed to fix my Note 10.1 today I hope it works for you.

I had been trying to upgrade to android 4.4.2 using a custom rooted rom but got stuck in a boot loop with my only option as download mode (no CWM, no reset, nothing just bootloop download only).

As a last resort I downloaded a Note 10.1Android 4.0.4 pit file and flashed it from odin 3.07 (pit file selected, Auto Reboot ticked, Re-partition ticked, F.Reset Time ticked - everything else unticked). Flashed the pit file, let the tablet reset and then it picked up the android update as though all was fine. The device is now working fine and without issue.

The .pit file i used is attached. Cant promise it will work, but I hope you have the same luck I do.

I gave it a shot but I"m getting "No PIT partition found" or something like that when I try. What rom did you flash with the PIT file?

geekyhawkes

May 2, 2007
I flashed the PIT by itself without a ROM file. In my case I had a failed update to 4.4.2 ROM so was able to get the Note back by putting this PIT over the top of that flashed ROM.

vaxxar

Sep 4, 2014
fingers crossed

Sorry i missed this response im downloading pit now thank you so much for the post im hopeful and well be flashing it tonight this would be awesome if it works thank you for your time and reply

oscarat50

Dec 21, 2014
hard brick

i hard bricked my tablet too, i tried to send it for a jtag repair service but everyone said that this model doesn't have the required files to repair it using jtag. Any solution? It won't even turn on..

Thanks.:(

SammyNote23310.1

Nov 17, 2014
you have I925UVXAMD1 if you do can you post a link to download it?

QUOTE=bryancedwards;53765515]I have a similar situation where my VZW LTE i925 can only access download mode. I have tried flashing the stock firmware with the below results. I have sourced a PIT; however, when flashed it to fails. I have searched the forums for quite some time and I cant seem to locate anything solid that works. Can someone help me get this device up and running?

I have located the following files for the SCH-i925:
recovery1.tar.md5
sboot.bin
SCHI925.PIT
These files were found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252630

I have also downloaded stock firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=24285
KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

I also have:
KIES_HOME_I925UVXAMD1_I925UUSCAMD1_1098858_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

Nothing I do seems to work. I see a progress bar but invariablyNAND write fails at some point. Can anyone give some guidance? I know search is my friend but apparently I am very lost. Please help, thanks!

Below is the Odin error I receive when flashing the stock firmware from sammobile.com:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I925VRAMK1_I925VZWAMK1_1481643_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone figure this out??

Any one can help? My tablet brick.