[GUIDE] Boot Loop and Charging Loop Fix! - [11/20/12]

Search This thread

chidoM

Dec 12, 2013
help of power on direct

Help button of power was removed,
as I can catch direct from tablet?,
which will be the contacts listed?,
contacts are apparently already damaged as lighting live?
help, help, help

ayuda el boton fue retirado,
como puedo prender directo desde tablilla?,
cuales seran los contactos indicados?,
al parecer los contactos estan ya dañados como prender directo?
ayuda, ayuda, ayuda

joey_xda

Aug 10, 2007
South Florida
I had the same problem with my Infuse. Normally a simple bang on the phone brings it back to normal but this time banging it didn't work. I took the phone apart, removed the power switch and soldered 2 wires where the power switch was so I could boot the phone up and backup all my stuff just in case I could not fix it. I have another Infuse that I use for parts so I removed one of the volume switches and re-soldered it in my phone. Its was no easy task. The switch is so damn small and my soldering iron sucks (needs new tip). So far so good with the new switch. Here are some pics of the board with the wires and with the switch.

23h7ynb.jpg

ran388.jpg

mymy1234

Jul 16, 2013
Hi everyone,

I only see two solder points on the power on my infuse.

Could someone post a picture showing me the 4 spots I should resolder? A video if possible? THanks

shrry8

Nov 20, 2009
Ok so i ran into the infamous power button issue that causes a boot loop and charging loop. It kind of stumped me until i said screw it if i have to break the phone in the process i will.. so what i collected there are two ways to fix this which ill list below. BOTH you will have to take the Main Board out of the phone. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

Code:
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]TABLE OF CONTENTS[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]THE LETTERS AND NUMBER AFTER THE FIX ARE USED FOR QUICK FINDS (ctrl+f) [/U][/B]

[B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]FIX 1 - AIR DUSTER METHOD - A1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Cyan"]FIX 2 - EASY SOLDER METHOD - B1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]FIX 3 - LAZY FIX METHOD -  C1[/COLOR][/B]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIX 1 - AIR DUSTER METHOD - [A1]

I DID NOT FIGURE OUT THE THE FIRST FIX [AIR DUSTER FIX] SO WHO EVER FIGURE THIS ONE OUT, THANK YOU YOU WILL BE CREDITED IF I FIGURE OUT WHO IT IS. I ONLY FIGURE OUT THE SECOND FIX AND THE LAZY FIX.

Items You'll Need
A Screw Driver that fits the screws in the case (not sure exact size that i use SORRY!)
Something to separate your case (will make it a whole lot easier than using your finger nail)
Can Air Duster

STEP 1
Unscrew the the designated screws.
infuse-1.jpg

STEP 2
Separate the housing from the digitzer.
infuse-2.jpg

STEP 3
Unscrew the Main Board from the digitizer panel and gently disconnect the 4 connection ribbons.
infuse-3.jpg

STEP 4
Spray the air duster like crazy into the power button and it should for, if not USE FIX 2!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIX 2 - EASY SOLDER METHOD = [B1]

This was the one i found and used... its a little more complicated but you dont really have to solder anything at all just remelt it

Items You'll Need
A Screw Driver that fits the screws in the case (not sure exact size that i use SORRY!)
Something to separate your case (will make it a whole lot easier than using your finger nail)
80%+ Rubbing Alcohol
Soldering Gun

NOTE: You might be able to skip steps 8-10 because SOMETIMES the power button will work perfectly fine without acting like it has been sticking. It worked for 2 Infuses at the repair shop i work for. But is it does still act like it sticks just remap the buttons. Its your best option.

STEP 1
infuse-1.jpg

STEP 2
infuse-2.jpg

STEP 3
Unscrew the Main Board from the digitizer panel and gently disconnect the 4 connection ribbons.
infuse-3.jpg

STEP 4
Clean the Power Button with the rubbing alcohol with a cotton swab and push it in a few times just to clean it, MAKE SURE THE PORT IS DRY BEFORE NEXT STEP.

STEP 5
Make sure you have a fine tip on your soldering gun. Around the power button you will see 4 points that have been soldered. While applying pressure from the top of the power button just melt the solder and let it flow back and solidify on all 4 spot.

STEP 6
Re-Asseble the phone and turn on. it should fix the power button and tada your good to go. BUT if you where like me and turned into something ultra sensitive or touch, or like my friend where you have to push it really hard to get it out of looping FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS.

STEP 7
Once the phone is on stay away from the power button and connect it via usb and make sure USB Debugging is Enabled and pull up the command prompt into AndroidSDK to be able to adb

STEP 8
In the Command Prompt type in IF YOU CAN FIND THIS FILE YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD IT FROM BELOW AND EXTRACT IT. JUST PUT IT INTO YOUR PLATFORM-TOOLS FOLDER AND JUST GO TO STEP 10 AND INJECT IT.

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb pull system/usr/keylayout/aries-keypad.kl aries-keypad.kl

STEP 9
In your platform-tools folder edit the "aries-keypad.kl" in Notepad+ you will see

Code:
key 115   VOLUME_UP             WAKE
key 114   VOLUME_DOWN         WAKE
key 102   HOME              WAKE_DROPPED
key 116   POWER      WAKE

Edit the text so it looks like this

Code:
key 115   POWER             WAKE
key 114   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
key 116   VOLUME_DOWN      WAKE

Save the file. This will make it so when your power button gets touch it will make it just set the volume down and not boot loop it or spam the screen on and off or turn it off.

STEP 10
In the Command Prompt type in

Code:
adb root (only if you disconected the USB from the phne)
adb remount
adb push aries-keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout

and restart your phone. when it turns back on the first time it will act live it phone then restart again and one it turns back on the second time it will be fixed so your volume up will turn the screen on and off and the volume down is volume up while the power button is volume down,

FIX 3 - LAZY FIX METHOD = [C1]

I PERSONALLY DONT CONDONE USING THIS METHOD, IT WORKED FOR MY FRIENDS INFUSE WHEN IT HAPPENED TO HIM. PERSONALLY ITS A STUPID METHOD, BUT IT WORKED.. LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF YOU DO THIS METHOD, OR ANY OF THESE METHODS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE...

Items You'll Need
Literally Nothing
(Optional) Rubbing Alcohol and Cotton Swabs

OPTIONAL STEP
Open up the case of the phone and dip the cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol and clean around the power button and press the power button in while doing it. MAKE SURE ITS DRY BEFORE THE NEXT STEP IF YOU DO THIS.

STEP 1
Push the power button in extremely hard multiple times.

STEP 2
Slam the power button and only the power button on a hard surface multiple times till it works. If it doesnt work, stop being lazy and use a proper procedure.

If you have any question let me know ^_^ and enjoy

@MrKickstand

will this solution can fix this issue as mentioned in Youtube Video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5B2By7fGII

having the same issue since Saturday
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/help/galaxy-note-3-n9005-charging-power-boot-t3211415

Last edited:

alb3rto269

Nov 21, 2015
What worked for me:

1. Press and hold Volume Up Button and plug the USB cable connected to a PC. The phone will enter into a bootloader mode and the indicator light will be turned blue.
2. Download and uncompress the android sdk and go to: <path_to_sdk>/platform-tools/
3. Execute `fastboot devices` and check that the phone connected is listed.
4. Execute `fastboot -s <device_serial> reboot` (replacing <device_serial> with the serial shown in the devices list.
And voilá!

SLGXFADEME

Sep 2, 2016
Lazy fix Works!

Holy **** the lazy fix worked! I just banged the power key against the counter 3 or 4 times, and voila! Worked like a charm. :D Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so i ran into the infamous power button issue that causes a boot loop and charging loop. It kind of stumped me until i said screw it if i have to break the phone in the process i will.. so what i collected there are two ways to fix this which ill list below. BOTH you will have to take the Main Board out of the phone. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]TABLE OF CONTENTS[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]THE LETTERS AND NUMBER AFTER THE FIX ARE USED FOR QUICK FINDS (ctrl+f) [/U][/B]

[B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]FIX 1 - AIR DUSTER METHOD - A1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Cyan"]FIX 2 - EASY SOLDER METHOD - B1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Lime"]FIX 3 - LAZY FIX METHOD -  C1[/COLOR][/B]

FIX 1 - AIR DUSTER METHOD - [A1]

I DID NOT FIGURE OUT THE THE FIRST FIX [AIR DUSTER FIX] SO WHO EVER FIGURE THIS ONE OUT, THANK YOU YOU WILL BE CREDITED IF I FIGURE OUT WHO IT IS. I ONLY FIGURE OUT THE SECOND FIX AND THE LAZY FIX.

Items You'll Need
    Can Air Duster

STEP 1
    infuse-1.jpg

STEP 2
    infuse-2.jpg

STEP 3
    infuse-3.jpg

STEP 4
    Spray the air duster like crazy into the power button and it should for, if not USE FIX 2!

FIX 2 - EASY SOLDER METHOD = [B1]

This was the one i found and used... its a little more complicated but you dont really have to solder anything at all just remelt it

Items You'll Need
    80%+ Rubbing Alcohol
    Soldering Gun

NOTE: You might be able to skip steps 8-10 because SOMETIMES the power button will work perfectly fine without acting like it has been sticking. It worked for 2 Infuses at the repair shop i work for. But is it does still act like it sticks just remap the buttons. Its your best option.

STEP 1
    infuse-1.jpg

STEP 2
    infuse-2.jpg

STEP 3
    infuse-3.jpg

STEP 4
    Clean the Power Button with the rubbing alcohol with a cotton swab and push it in a few times just to clean it, MAKE SURE THE PORT IS DRY BEFORE NEXT STEP.

STEP 5
    Make sure you have a fine tip on your soldering gun. Around the power button you will see 4 points that have been soldered. While applying pressure from the top of the power button just melt the solder and let it flow back and solidify on all 4 spot.

STEP 6
    Re-Asseble the phone and turn on. it should fix the power button and tada your good to go. BUT if you where like me and turned into something ultra sensitive or touch, or like my friend where you have to push it really hard to get it out of looping FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS.

STEP 7
    Once the phone is on stay away from the power button and connect it via usb and make sure USB Debugging is Enabled and pull up the command prompt into AndroidSDK to be able to adb

STEP 8
    In the Command Prompt type in IF YOU CAN FIND THIS FILE YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD IT FROM BELOW AND EXTRACT IT. JUST PUT IT INTO YOUR PLATFORM-TOOLS FOLDER AND JUST GO TO STEP 10 AND INJECT IT.

Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb pull system/usr/keylayout/aries-keypad.kl aries-keypad.kl

STEP 9
    In your platform-tools folder edit the "aries-keypad.kl" in Notepad+ you will see

Code:
    key 115   VOLUME_UP             WAKE
    key 114   VOLUME_DOWN         WAKE
    key 116   POWER      WAKE

Edit the text so it looks like this

Code:
    key 115   POWER             WAKE
    key 114   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
    key 116   VOLUME_DOWN      WAKE

Save the file. This will make it so when your power button gets touch it will make it just set the volume down and not boot loop it or spam the screen on and off or turn it off.

STEP 10
    In the Command Prompt type in

Code:
    adb root (only if you disconected the USB from the phne)
    adb remount
    adb push aries-keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout

and restart your phone. when it turns back on the first time it will act live it phone then restart again and one it turns back on the second time it will be fixed so your volume up will turn the screen on and off and the volume down is volume up while the power button is volume down,

FIX 3 - LAZY FIX METHOD = [C1]

I PERSONALLY DONT CONDONE USING THIS METHOD, IT WORKED FOR MY FRIENDS INFUSE WHEN IT HAPPENED TO HIM. PERSONALLY ITS A STUPID METHOD, BUT IT WORKED.. LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF YOU DO THIS METHOD, OR ANY OF THESE METHODS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE...

Items You'll Need
    Literally Nothing
    (Optional) Rubbing Alcohol and Cotton Swabs

OPTIONAL STEP
    Open up the case of the phone and dip the cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol and clean around the power button and press the power button in while doing it. MAKE SURE ITS DRY BEFORE THE NEXT STEP IF YOU DO THIS.

STEP 1
    Push the power button in extremely hard multiple times.

STEP 2
    Slam the power button and only the power button on a hard surface multiple times till it works. If it doesnt work, stop being lazy and use a proper procedure.

If you have any question let me know ^_^ and enjoy
    I had the same problem with my Infuse. Normally a simple bang on the phone brings it back to normal but this time banging it didn't work. I took the phone apart, removed the power switch and soldered 2 wires where the power switch was so I could boot the phone up and backup all my stuff just in case I could not fix it. I have another Infuse that I use for parts so I removed one of the volume switches and re-soldered it in my phone. Its was no easy task. The switch is so damn small and my soldering iron sucks (needs new tip). So far so good with the new switch. Here are some pics of the board with the wires and with the switch.

23h7ynb.jpg

ran388.jpg
    Hey" thanks for the tutorial and here is also the video tutorial!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifw2_yYP8e0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app
    Nice write up.

sent from outer space.
    So, after a few days of testing this the original power button doesn't seem to be sticking and spamming the volume down here and there, but acting normal with normal feedback. Ill try switching back to the original layout to see if it might just be a driver issue with the phone or something, or it can possibly after re soldering it fixed it self. Ill let every one know soon.