[Q] ROOTED and lost

Search This thread

sgh599n

Feb 7, 2014
:good: Hi XDA Community. First I want to say thank you to all the devs, programmers, technical people, and anyone that helps out with XDA. It's a real treasure for Android users. I am a noob pretty much regarding Android however I pick up fast. Recently I rooted my phone and it just isnt what I expected, I guess I imagined my device turning into a super-cellphone or something. Anyway I've picked up some rooted apps (Tuners, Titanium, etc) however I really don't know enough about Android to go around playing. I have a few questions maybe someone would take the time to answer. Thanks.

1. I play a social game on my phone and it has a really clumsy way of switching between accounts. I'd like to have two instances of the game instead of one, where each instance launches a different account. Is this possible?

2. Is there any widget or button where I could manually switch my processor from underclock to maximum power without delving into a program? Also a switch between max screen brightness and minimum screen brightness would be nice.

3. How can I find out more about Android and various apps services and processes? I can't sort through them to disable them if I dont know what they are. I would like to delete any bloatware from my carrier. I favor a very lite load on my phone that conserves battery because all I really do is make calls, text, and play few games at this moment.

4. Last one :) ... I have to pay $5 or $10 a month to enable 4g hotspot capability on my phone. Is there any difference between software that make the hotspot because I'm playing a FPS over wi-fi and sometimes I catch some crazy lag. I am using Samsung or MetroPCS version of hotspot software. Also now that I am rooted can I stop paying the $5 or $10 a month and still make a usable hotspot for my PS3 gaming?

Thanks so much for anyone willing to take the time to answer.

aureljared

May 2, 2013
dantis.me
Redmi Note 11
:good: Hi XDA Community. First I want to say thank you to all the devs, programmers, technical people, and anyone that helps out with XDA. It's a real treasure for Android users. I am a noob pretty much regarding Android however I pick up fast. Recently I rooted my phone and it just isnt what I expected, I guess I imagined my device turning into a super-cellphone or something. Anyway I've picked up some rooted apps (Tuners, Titanium, etc) however I really don't know enough about Android to go around playing. I have a few questions maybe someone would take the time to answer. Thanks.

1. I play a social game on my phone and it has a really clumsy way of switching between accounts. I'd like to have two instances of the game instead of one, where each instance launches a different account. Is this possible?

2. Is there any widget or button where I could manually switch my processor from underclock to maximum power without delving into a program? Also a switch between max screen brightness and minimum screen brightness would be nice.

3. How can I find out more about Android and various apps services and processes? I can't sort through them to disable them if I dont know what they are. I would like to delete any bloatware from my carrier. I favor a very lite load on my phone that conserves battery because all I really do is make calls, text, and play few games at this moment.

4. Last one :) ... I have to pay $5 or $10 a month to enable 4g hotspot capability on my phone. Is there any difference between software that make the hotspot because I'm playing a FPS over wi-fi and sometimes I catch some crazy lag. I am using Samsung or MetroPCS version of hotspot software. Also now that I am rooted can I stop paying the $5 or $10 a month and still make a usable hotspot for my PS3 gaming?

I may not be entirely correct, however I am doind my best to help:

1. I think this is possible with Android 4.2.2 onwards with the Users feature, however I cannot confirm this because I am on 4.1.2.

2. I think Voltage Control will work for this. Find it in Play Store.

3. This can be done, but the process is really hit and miss. Generally you shouldn't touch any package that has "com." at the start of its name. Also all Google apps. For the rest, all you need is common sense.

4. T-Mobile, as far as I know, has disabled free tethering on Samsung devices recently. However, I have also heard that your tethering will still work if you tether to other Android devices. Use a user-agent switcher plugin for your PC browser to mask your PC as an Android device if you are tethering to PC. You can also try FoxFi.

Other devs or users, if you are reading this, please confirm if what I have said is true.

I hope I helped :)

Sent from my Galaxy Express using Tapatalk

Reactions: sgh599n

sgh599n

Feb 7, 2014
Thanks

Thanks for setting me in the right direction aureljared. I feel stupid because I don't see a thank button but I will keep looking for it. I am also on 4.1.2 so if anyone knows of a way to do #1 with my version of Android please let me know. OK, I will check out Voltage Control. My phone is terrible on battery. If I am doing something for like 10 minutes I will drain like 10% battery! About number 3, how can you tell if something is an ad or snooper process coming from installing another app? #4 Yes T-Mobile and MetroPCS have disabled free tethering and charge us now for it. They are basically the same service. And I will check out FoxFi. Thanks alot!!

Reactions: aureljared

sgh599n

Feb 7, 2014
Also, if anyone needs help rooting Samsung Galaxy Exhibit (SGH599N) I know how to do it. Post here and I will help you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I may not be entirely correct, however I am doind my best to help:

1. I think this is possible with Android 4.2.2 onwards with the Users feature, however I cannot confirm this because I am on 4.1.2.

2. I think Voltage Control will work for this. Find it in Play Store.

3. This can be done, but the process is really hit and miss. Generally you shouldn't touch any package that has "com." at the start of its name. Also all Google apps. For the rest, all you need is common sense.

4. T-Mobile, as far as I know, has disabled free tethering on Samsung devices recently. However, I have also heard that your tethering will still work if you tether to other Android devices. Use a user-agent switcher plugin for your PC browser to mask your PC as an Android device if you are tethering to PC. You can also try FoxFi.

Other devs or users, if you are reading this, please confirm if what I have said is true.

I hope I helped :)

Sent from my Galaxy Express using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Thanks for setting me in the right direction aureljared. I feel stupid because I don't see a thank button but I will keep looking for it. I am also on 4.1.2 so if anyone knows of a way to do #1 with my version of Android please let me know. OK, I will check out Voltage Control. My phone is terrible on battery. If I am doing something for like 10 minutes I will drain like 10% battery! About number 3, how can you tell if something is an ad or snooper process coming from installing another app? #4 Yes T-Mobile and MetroPCS have disabled free tethering and charge us now for it. They are basically the same service. And I will check out FoxFi. Thanks alot!!