City Caller ID (free old app - same as payware CityID)

Search This thread

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
I rooted and uninstalled CityID. Between the force nag and then the ridiculous monthly price I got rid of it. But I kinda liked the feature so I found an old thread about City Caller ID which was a one man app which was sued by a large company to make $2.99 month from CityID.

It works great and its free!

Attachments

• com.threadabort.android.callerid.apk
    757.5 KB · Views: 14,004
Last edited:

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
Only if you email cityid and tell them ;) I think you should let them know and see what happens.

Sent from Droid Incredible using TapaTalk

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
Recommended settings for this app. Click on it in your launcher first and scroll down to font size and set it to small then click space from bottom and click bottom high. leave the font default. Works perfect. City Id can suck it. Someone wanna recompile to 2.1?

Last edited:

najaboy

May 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
No. Root is not needed.

If you mean you can't install the apk after downloading, try navigating to the file with Astro and opening it from there.

mrlanrat

May 12, 2010
San Diego
lanrat.com
I am using this app and it seems like a great replacement for CityID. However the text placement of the City is off. It appears along the bottom of the screen where there is either the "slide down to unlock" text or the answer and decline buttons on an incoming call.

Is there a way to put the text where the CityID text was?

Thanks for such a great find!.

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
I am using this app and it seems like a great replacement for CityID. However the text placement of the City is off. It appears along the bottom of the screen where there is either the "slide down to unlock" text or the answer and decline buttons on an incoming call.

In the settings you change the placement of the text. I have it set to bottom middle-high and it's perfect.

KB Smoka

Jun 13, 2010
CT

9th post of this thread.....

DeeBG

I'm sorry if this is OT, but does anyone know why we don't have proper Caller ID (i.e., you see the phone number + the name of the person that owns the number). I know it would be pointless for the most part, I just never understood that restriction.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I rooted and uninstalled CityID. Between the force nag and then the ridiculous monthly price I got rid of it. But I kinda liked the feature so I found an old thread about City Caller ID which was a one man app which was sued by a large company to make $2.99 month from CityID.

It works great and its free!
    @ColePatrol

Try this version with bottom high. I think it is a reasonable compromise

On the lock screen the city is above the phone number.

On the unlocked call screen the city is where it should be just below the phone number