[ROM] Vibrant AOSPish FroYo 1.0 - JPM Based - *10/22/2010*

Search This thread

Anderdroid

Dec 25, 2009
Palo Alto
ninjafighteronline.com
Vibrant AOSPish FroYo 1.0

I based this off of eugene373's JPM port. So GPS is NOT WORKING. Everything else, however, IS working.

This is based off of Euegene's JPM_Update that was posted 10/21/2010 at 9PMEST... It has all the fixes except the new recovery one he just posted.

My goal since getting the Vibrant was to make it at least look as AOSP as possible and I can say it's pretty close.

Screen Shots:

vibrantaospishjpm1.png
vibrantaospishjpm2.png
vibrantaospishjpm3.png
vibrantaospishjpm4.png

Rom Features:

1. Deodexed
2. Bloatware removed
3. Themed to look AOSP
4. AOSP 2.2 Apps
5. Touchwiz Removed
6. AOSP Lock Screen
7. Mobile AP
8. Root / busybox
9. Stock Android Keyboard

Included Apps:

adbWireless (removeable)
Advanced Task Killer (removeable)
Swype
Stock Android Keyboard
Samsung Keypad
DeskClock
AllShare
Launcher2
Stock 2.2 Calendar
Stock 2.2 Mms
CM6 Calculator
Fascinate Live Wallpapers
Nexus 2.2 Music
GenieWidget
Rom Manager (removeable)
Titanium Backup (removeable)
HD YouTube
ThinkFree Office
CarHome
ChromeToPhone
Samsung Apps (Removeable)
Superuser
Task Manager
Google Talk
Google Maps
My Files

I mainly made this for me, but decided to post it up for everybody.

MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE VOODOO BEFORE FLASHING THIS

ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU FLASH A 2.1 KERNEL IF YOU GO BACK TO 2.1 FROM THIS ROM

I take no responsibility for you flashing this, blahblah....

If you have issues with the market, try rebooting. I never had any market issues myself.

Fresh 1.0 Install - Flash Via Clockwork Recovery / ROM Manager
Download

Froyo_recovery Update Download > Froyo_recovery.zip
Features a Fully working recovery and adb + root in stock recovery.. Can wipe data from stock recovery or Clockworkmod Recovery. Enjoy!

To Do:

Reboot in Power Menu
Notification Pulldown Theme
More AOSP Theming
Sims 3 inclusion ?

Credits:
eugene373
cgrunner
junkdruggler
mopodo
Project1.exe
Koush
s0niqu3
cyanogen
And everyone else

Last edited:

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
You out did yourself ander.... Awesome so much quicker too, just one thing theres no haptic feedback on the home button.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
for the people that installed it and working fine can you please post how you did it thanks.

Install rom manager open it and install the clockwork update make sure theres no update.zip files on your internal sd card then download the rom using anybrowser just not the stock browser for some reason it won't download then put the file on the root of the internal sd then reboot using rom manager (the second option under clockwork) then reinstall packages then it should boot to clockwork, then choose install file from sdcard then choose from sdcard then every thing else is self explanatory lol

kraftey

Jul 16, 2007
Seattle
So i imagine this has the potential to wipe the SD card like the eugene's build, right? What exactly was the way to avoid that? Just put it on an external sd card?

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
So i imagine this has the potential to wipe the SD card like the eugene's build, right? What exactly was the way to avoid that? Just put it on an external sd card?

I don't think it wipes if you already have eugene froyo installed cuz it didn't to me and I was able to do a titanium back up but I think wipes if you running stock not sure

anomalous3

Jan 22, 2010
Phoenix
This is fantastic and is the first froyo I'm considering keeping on my phone. Remember to zipalign! (including framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk).