Question to Update Phone P500

Search This thread

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi
Hiii....

iam totally new on this device.... I have from my brother to update, but I don't understand to started.

my question is

1. is there a tool to update the firmware of froyo to new version as it is owned by by xperia (flashtool)
2. is phone unlock boatlader? if not how to unlock
3. on xperia device I need falsh kernel first? its same ways for o do that?

hope anyone can help to to figure this.

Regards

K

Kalim Siddiqui

Upgrade LG P500 android version.

Hiii....

iam totally new on this device.... I have from my brother to update, but I don't understand to started.

my question is

1. is there a tool to update the firmware of froyo to new version as it is owned by by xperia (flashtool)
2. is phone unlock boatlader? if not how to unlock
3. on xperia device I need falsh kernel first? its same ways for o do that?

hope anyone can help to to figure this.

Regards
official update for lg p500 is GB 2.3.3 it can be updated through pc suite if you want to upgrade to KK or JB you can flash custom roms available on xda. You don't need to unlock bootloader. No, it is inbuilt kernel. If you want to use kitkat you can use cm 11 by mukulsoni :good:

arc_n_krizt

Sep 17, 2012
Bekasi
official update for lg p500 is GB 2.3.3 it can be updated through pc suite if you want to upgrade to KK or JB you can flash custom roms available on xda. You don't need to unlock bootloader. No, it is inbuilt kernel. If you want to use kitkat you can use cm 11 by mukulsoni :good:

for custom rom do I have to update firmware first or u just flash on CWM recovery??? okay my device still froyo rightnow...

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Google Now works on my P500h. The only thing that doesn't work is speech recognition. Try clearing data or do a clean flash of the ROM.

To install, get rid of the quicksearchbox on /system and side-load Google Search.

May need to set voice speech language to something absurd to avoid FCs on type-in searches.
There is a an Google Now Speech Wrapper app to insert online speech recognition into Google Search. I use Overlays to place its shortcut over the mic icon, look ma, no FC.
Make sure hotword "OK Google" option, if offered, is off.

Reactions: _the_lucky_one_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most of the custom roms released recently will work only with new baseband (i.e. official update to GB 2.3.3 from LG) then root / install recovery / custom rom.
    Make sure u do a nandroid backup !
    Google Now works on my P500h. The only thing that doesn't work is speech recognition. Try clearing data or do a clean flash of the ROM.

To install, get rid of the quicksearchbox on /system and side-load Google Search.

May need to set voice speech language to something absurd to avoid FCs on type-in searches.
    There is a an Google Now Speech Wrapper app to insert online speech recognition into Google Search. I use Overlays to place its shortcut over the mic icon, look ma, no FC.
    Make sure hotword "OK Google" option, if offered, is off.