[ROM] WP7 7592 Green Mango with market place [07/07]

Search This thread

quentin.0160

Feb 18, 2010
dortmund
Hi @ All
I´ve tested this Rom yesterday a hole day,but it seems to be not a daily rom.There are much bugs in it.Like example:No weather data on HTC Hub,no album Arts in zune music,IE works only sometimes,No personal ringtones are working,even not with chevron ringtone installer.Advanved Config don´t work too.And much more little things that have decidet me to change back to Xbmod 1.11 NODO.But what i´ve seen is,that MANGO is great.Can´t wait until a Public non beta release of mango.So long i will wait with a perfect working NODO version.

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
@all
Folks you can tell youself it is good no bugs for me just few reboots... and so on.
But truth is still - it is too buggy. If you ever have used good NODO release for some time(more then a week) you will feel difference right away. Less functions, but rock stability without reboots. There is no such thing like "reboots should let it settle!"

It doesn't require any reboots unless it ask you to do.

I have tested a lot of NODO releases and this beta1 mango.

Mango is much better by functionality, but time for daily use of Mango on HD2 didn't come yet.

PS do you know why DFT put TEST in file name - because they know real truth

Last edited:

jaka.erc

Mar 25, 2009
Novo mesto
It really isn't for daily use. It has it's bugs. The worst is not able to apply the Caller ID Fix in registry. Whitout it I don't know who is calling me. I got the facebook chat working but sometimes it won't connect. Overall it hangs a bit but I expect it to work until RTM.

B4PJS

May 29, 2007
London
It really isn't for daily use. It has it's bugs. The worst is not able to apply the Caller ID Fix in registry. Whitout it I don't know who is calling me. I got the facebook chat working but sometimes it won't connect. Overall it hangs a bit but I expect it to work until RTM.

You can set registry entries using the provxml deployer...

To be honest, I haven't used a release grade ROM on any of my phones for a long long time, and the bugs that Mango have compared to some I put up with in the past are minor!

This is perfectly stable and works like a charm for me so am gonna stick with it for now. Battery life is good, speed is fast, IE9 is great, BT works with my car stereo for music and hands free, and last but not least, Angry Birds runs smoothly :p

Reactions: jaka.erc

vvpd

Aug 26, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne
to be fair the reboots seem to make the phone work slightly better. Im so in love with the new features that i dont know whether i want to go back to NODO. :D

Hamburg

Jan 23, 2009
I was so excited when I saw this post, but I'm at work so I can't download and install. Instead I decided to live vicariously through people here and read all the posts and it wasn't until page 20 or 21 that people mentioned "oh by the way, its very buggy and isn't for everyday use."

Ummm... no one could've mentioned this sooner? I'll wait for the 76xx release.

Thanks for the exceptional progress anyway elfinlazz, et al.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first sorry for my bad english;;

i don't know how to cook WP7 ROM and usually don't do it

but here i am...cooking ROM...

i really love Green Mango in HD2. yeah!! but ****...Marketplace doesn't work!!OTL

and worse part is tool doesn't work too...

so made my own tool imgfs2part

i don't have any camera except HD2 so there is no screenshot :p

enjoy Mango with market place ^^

Difference between Official Green Mango
    -> change device name for Market place
    -> developer unlock for sideloading apps

DOWNLOAD

Thanks to DFT
    Possible FIX to constant SIM error & poor internet

Is there still SIM error;)

Just wanted to inform you all. Probably I have found solution to constant SIM error and poor internet.

To fix constant SIM error just change the radio to 5.51.09.06a_22.30.50.09U which can be downloaded from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13829109&postcount=1 (at bottom of OP there is a link to 'HD2 WP7 radio pack'). The outcome of this is what I am experiencing is there is only one sim error after first flash, then you have to do airplane mode on-off once...and then...whoa !! no SIM error and comparatively fast internet. Also don't forget to do the whole procedure of installing wp6.5 then task 29 with radio 2.12 then mgldr then format USB in mgldr then flash the modified ROM. Best luck, n enjoy ur Mango....

If my above suggestion helped you then pls done forget to press the thank button ! please

Also Thank to DFT, elfinlaz & yukiXDA for his radios.
    I am in exactly the same boat as W3X, in that I am running 7004 build.

Thanks for your quick guide, but I am concerned that I may ruin my SD card. Also some forums tend to suggest that first of all reverting to a 6.5 WM ROM is advisable, because it helps to clear things properly?

Would you or another kind member be able to point us Noobs (plus, speaking for myself, I'm no spring chicken and sometimes struggle to follow some of the tech speke) to a thorough, complete but simple guide for reverting from our current ROM and getting Mango?

Pretty please, with cherries on top.

TIA

SP
    You will need: Windows 6.5 ROM, MAGLDR 1.13 and the new Mango ROM

1. Turn your phone off.
    2. Get ready to hold the volume down button.
    3. Turn phone on and immediately hold the volume down button until the screen shows red blue and green.
    4. Connect your phone to the pc and the word serial which is on the screen will turn to USB.
    5. Install a windows 6.5 ROM. The stock ROM from the HTC website or a cooked ROM from XDA.
    6. Once the 6.5 ROM has fully installed repeat steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    7. Flash MAGLDR 1.13.
    8. The MAGLDR menu should now be on your screen. Using the volume key scroll down to USB Flasher and press the hard key at the bottom left of the phone.
    9. Flash the new Mango ROM.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Beta2

I've tried to update to beta 2. I knew that it would destroy my sdcard that's why i used an old 512mb :D

Updating with SdCard:

Flashing worked, but even if I use another sdcard it won't boot. It says that my sdcard is damaged, booting without one isn't working either.

Updating without a SdCard:

Flashed Green Mango again. Updating isn't working. The application says that the update worked, but at "about phone" it still says 7592.

(Used both, unlocked and dft's Green Mango)
    Quick question though idk why I am not able to sync music on zune.. any ideas?

I had that problem at first... Tried syncing music just nothing happened. Think i just unplugged and restarted zune software and was able to sync music