[HOW TO] [ROOT] [S-OFF] Change boot logo (skateboards, not boot animation)

Search This thread

B3L13V3

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
How can the splash screen be changed using Ubuntu10.10?:confused:

Ps, Couldn't find an answer in the search.

I just searched it, there is a very decent guide here to set up adb and fastboot on ubuntu 10.10. I just did it and very straight forward the only thing is the link for fast boot on that post is down, search it on cyanogen thats where i got it from...let us know if you got it

B3L13V3

Aug 13, 2010
SoCal
Maybe we should come up with a thread so people can post all boot images and animations in one place, no?

Just remember to convert it like mentioned in the first post
Here is one(as a fan =] ):

just thought id share these, ive used both but the code suits my needs better :)

Attachments

• blue6c.jpg
    blue6c.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 104
  • OTHER-MatrixCode.jpg
    OTHER-MatrixCode.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 109

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
holy smokes took me long enough. first time running adb took forever to get drivers. then took forever to figure out s-off but all is well now, got this for splash Thanks
StealieE1_1.jpg

phone_cell

Sep 16, 2010
New Jersey
holy smokes took me long enough. first time running adb took forever to get drivers. then took forever to figure out s-off but all is well now, got this for splash Thanks
Ain't that the truth - I thought I was going to be a wrinkled old man before I figured out how to change the splashscreen! I was so tired of the stock skateboards. :D Here's my new screenie:
View attachment 605231

jaydizman

Dec 24, 2010
I know this post is old just want to say thank you it's crucial for anyone with an eris! I posted my fav splash so far Neon Blue Honeybee

Attachments

• NeonBlueHoneybee.jpg
    NeonBlueHoneybee.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 51

phone_cell

Sep 16, 2010
New Jersey
I tried using the "Flash Splash1" button that someone had posted earlier and I almost **** myself. I think my phone tried to load the file I originally used to root it. I was getting really nervous so I pulled the battery and, to my relief, it powered on and it booted normally. I'm sure that method works but I'm scared of it now.

I tried the original instructions and it rebooted my phone before I was ready so I did this in the command prompt (this was mentioned on the first page of posts):

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb shell
su
reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splash1 <copy and paste file name here>
fastboot reboot

Of course this will only work if you've downloaded the program, converted your picture and placed it in the tools directory of SDK.

Worked great for me. I couldn't be happier!

+1

10char.

HTC PULSE

Jun 14, 2011
Hi Friends,

Can anyone help me with TUN.ko file for specific DROID ERIS as per the specifications below. I am looking to run CISCO VPN on my droid eris and would require Tun.ko file for the same.

Please help.

When I attempt to insmod tun.ko I get exec format error and dmesg yields

tun: version magic '2.6.29 preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '2.6.29-bcb140a0 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '

More Details if any required: Android 2.1 firmware version
Droid ERIS.
Kernal Version: 2.6.29-bcb140a0
htc-kernal@and18-2#1

Zer0_Cool

Mar 14, 2010
Philadelphia

How does one convert the images to rgb565 on linux?
The program in the op is for windows.

TO-DO in next versions:
- rewrite for Linux & Mac (into Mono)
&
There is two files, "RGB565Convertor.exe" and "librgb565.dll".

Any other alternative programs, or would someone with windows be willing to convert a few images and upload them somewhere?:D

If someone has some free time and wants to convert this that would be awesome
2lkfs42.png

Last edited:

skot85

Mar 17, 2011
Here's mine:

AmjT8.png

Thanks so much!

Edit: just noticed the text overlaying the image....lol oops :D

Last edited:

Red Planet

Nov 18, 2011
Hi!

I installed CyanogenMod on my Nook Color. Now I want to change splash screen (no boot animation). I don't know how to do it and can't find manual in the Internet. There is no Fastboot mode on Nook.

Have anybody manuals/ideas?

Top Liked Posts