D800 Download Mode not working?

Search This thread

MichaelVeringo

Jan 11, 2011
Myrtle Beach
I'm trying to restore to stock on my D800 and when I put my phone into download mode it gets this far and won't go any further. Doesn't install drivers on my Windows 7 computer either. I already installed the LG drivers. I'm currently running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 and I'm on TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery. If I could just get some insight on why download mode isn't working that'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Attachments

• 1403151055892.jpg
    1403151055892.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 75

_Dennis_

I'm trying to restore to stock on my D800 and when I put my phone into download mode it gets this far and won't go any further. Doesn't install drivers on my Windows 7 computer either. I already installed the LG drivers. I'm currently running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 and I'm on TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery. If I could just get some insight on why download mode isn't working that'd be great. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Had that too. Put it on charger for an hour or two and it went to download mode for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

_Dennis_

So wait, you left it plugged into your computer like that for an hour? And it worked?

Sent from my LG-D800
Actually it was a car charger, was going to see if att could do something with it but when I pulled up to the store it was in the 'normal' download mode.

Edit: my guess is that download mode requires a certain battery level as it would possibly corrupt the flash memory severely if the power was shut off while flashing. But that is just a guess based on my phone being at a very low battery when I was stock in a fastboot loop. That is when the download mode was stock like yours.

Last edited:

MichaelVeringo

Jan 11, 2011
Myrtle Beach
Actually it was a car charger, was going to see if att could do something with it but when I pulled up to the store it was in the 'normal' download mode.

Edit: my guess is that download mode requires a certain battery level as it would possibly corrupt the flash memory severely if the power was shut off while flashing. But that is just a guess based on my phone being at a very low battery when I was stock in a fastboot loop. That is when the download mode was stock like yours.

Do you remember what battery life you were at when it download mode kicked up?

Sent from my LG-D800

Top Liked Posts