DHD in the Philippines

Search This thread

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Please list down the shops that currently have the DHD in the Philippines. Maybe we can help each other find the store with the best deal. The prices I'm listing are in Php.

Greenhills Bridgeway: 38k
Greenhills Theater Mall: 32.5k

Other stores expect the DHD to arive January at 35k.

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
I'm planning on buying one tomorrow but I'm a bit concerned about the warranty. I might wait till January unless the unit I get is flawless.

orouborus

Jul 24, 2007
thats expensive. but i am curious how it feels and look like. i have an hd2 and i think they are pretty much the same. just wait for January, it might be cheaper then due to a lot of stores carrying them.

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
The word on the street is that CMK will have it for less than 30k but I just dont know when they will have it in stock.

There is a shop at Bridgeway with dummy DHD's. You may want to visit them to get the feel of the unit.

Warrany of the units now are mostly 7-day returns, but I feel like the regular 1-year warranty is needed for such an expensive device.

SamStone

Dec 10, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I bought mine a nonth ago in Thailand, the first week that they were available here. I paid 23,000 Thai baht which is $728 US and 32,000 pesos comes to $723 so the two countries are about the same. I guess that the warranty would be important but I don't think that you will have any problems with it. I had a HD2 before that I was running Android on and I like my DHD much better, everything just works a lot smoother. I say go for it, those prices sound reasonable to me.

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Try going to cmkcellphones.com and they have a location map. Also, they have their prices up but the DHD was taken down because they didnt know when they would get any.

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
I guess that the warranty would be important but I don't think that you will have any problems with it.

True, my wife has a Desire and its been working without a hitch so I think HTC quality is spot on. However, I did see this thread elsewhere about dead pixels starting to appear after some usage and thats the sort of situation I would like to avoid. What a bind I'm in, right?

Anyways, If the price is right, I think ill pick it up.

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
The initial price was very high but we managed to convince them to lower it. let them know that you know how much it supposed to be and they will be willing to match your price.

Sent from my Desire HD

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
I got it for 33k paid in cash. Good luck to the rest of you in getting your units.

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! Any combo...kernel,radio,Rom that makes most of the battery?

Still in stock everything right now *grins*. Still too busy playing Eve Online hehehe.

And I think I like the idea of going kernel and radio first.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

For the Radio, you can go to this thread by Drakknar:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877295

The one released on January 4th, 2011 is the most commonly recommended radio version atleast for Android Revolution, LeeDroid and CoreDroid ROMs. I'm using this version too.

On the other hand, Kamma and LeeDroid have already released their latest Kernels that incorporates the new performance enhancement that adds 600-700 in Quadrant Scores. You can find pretty much everything (ROM, Kernel, Radio, Extras, Instructions) in Post #1 of each thread.

LD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=842802
    ARHD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=840040
    CD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858418

Always read first before flashing. Since you're still in stock, I suggest you read jkoljo's guide to flashing:

Temp Root + Perma Root + Radio S-Off:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=857537
    Eng S-Off:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855403

Then again, it's always up to you whether to root or not. :D
    updated my kernel to LD v 2.2.4 and this fixed my problem nice!!!

another question. how can i edit my widget.txt permissions to rw-r--r-- to change my toggles on power notification??? thanks

Try this if you have adb:
    1. Hook phone to PC (USB debugging should be on, select charge only)
    2. Open cmd, type:
    C:\Android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell [Enter]
    $ su [Enter]
    # mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system [Enter]
    # chmod 777 /system/customize [Enter]
    # exit [Enter]
    $ exit [Enter]
    ***system is now mounted rw

3. Edit the .txt file and:
    - a. save (from Root Explorer etc.)
    - b. or push the edited .txt file via adb push widget.txt /system/customize [Enter]

restore the original directory permissions by:
    # chmod 755 /system/customize [Enter]
    (Restarting also remounts system back as RO)

Hope it helps :D
    Ill be on the road, check my posts, there's another thread that we discuss shutdown animation with instructions.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

@Schiso:

Here's the link, check post #22
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11180477#post11180477

This will help setting up ADB:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532719
    Otterbox Defender Series...

The Defender finally arrived! I was surprised how huge it was especially with the holster on but after a few hours of trying it, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
    - Feels better on hand, definitely solid with maximum protection.
    - Built in screen membrane is responsive even with an existing SP.
    - Rubber is thicker than the Commuter series.
    - Polycarbonate shell snaps on perfectly.
    - Dropped it a couple of times from waist length to test and phone survives without scuff.
    - Included case is versatile and actually makes more sense to use to holster and dock. Works best on both portrait and landscape :D
    - Turns DHD into a formidable weapon against perps!
    - Protects DHD when your girlfriend sees questionable messages...lol (will survive if thrown out the window)
    - Port access is still logical same as the Commuter but flap is definitely much more durable.
    - Good solution when wearing boardshorts...

Cons:
    - Heavy! (but perfect for me, might be too heavy for a lot of users)
    - Obvious bulk and not pocketable, unless you have hip hop pants... lol (use the holster)
    - Learning curve on tapping the sides of the screen since the polycarbonate shell adds about half a cm of protection but limits access a bit.
    - Built in screen protector/membrane is glossy... natural enemy of my moisturized hands.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It makes the DHD an even bigger monster. More importantly, the holster allows me to prop the phone on my office table, car etc... Pretty convenient when watching videos and such.

The "daddy" holster actually doesn't look like those leather belt clip-type things, looks more like a head turner when clipped to your backpocket... (I've been asked by 4 strangers during lunch...)

I'd say a good purchase from Amazon for 29US including shipping. Definitely worth the wait (more than 30 days). Now I can let someone else enjoy the Commuter (if luthor's still interested) while I bring my DHD combat style :D

Here's a pic... Sorry for the poor quality, taken from an SGS :p
    Android marketing in general is crap here. It's seen as a cheap, rip-off to apple products, which is just sad.

Philippines Android = Galaxy 5, Optimus One, Apad, other iPad rip-offs.

There are little groups that know Android but it needs a community.

I've been an iPhone user for almost 5 years only to switch to Android. In my own humble opinion, iOS pales in comparison to Android mainly because of fucntionality and price. The only downside, for now, is the number of apps you have in the Market as compared to the long-running AppStore. That's probably because Android has a wide variety of hardware specs from low end to the elite models so developers aren't really encourage to release an app that would only run on some higher end models. :(

I think our kababayans have the wrong mentality for Android. They think too highly for any iPhone and majority of them don't even have an idea what an Android is. I'd say some appreciate elegance and beauty more than what's under the hood. :)

As I see it, starting from the recent CES 2011 and the upcoming MWC 2011, Android will consume us all!! :D