Search This thread

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
This is a recovery flashable, stock boot.img, pulled from freeza's stock rooted rom, located here. It's completely unchanged from stock, I just made it flashable. After flashing, this will set secure storage to "true", in the build.prop. See freeza's thread here, for more info on this.

Use this at your own risk, I assume no responsibility.

MJ4 Kernel: MJ4

MD5: f644d48eb13a17878959199665830d2c

Last edited:

blackcanopy

Apr 7, 2011
near Cincinnati, Ohio
This is a recovery flashable, stock boot.img, pulled from freeza's stock rooted rom, located here. It's completely unchanged from stock, I just made it flashable. After flashing, this will set secure storage to "true", in the build.prop. See freeza's thread here, for more info on this.

Thank you for this. It's always great having the stock kernel available.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

seVIIn7

Jul 10, 2011
Thanks LMMT. ..This was much needed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: LMMT

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
I hate to ask but I haven't seen one around. Is there a stock kernel that doesn't have storage_secure set to true? I flashed this and checked build prop and it says false but I couldn't delete or move anything. The reason I ask is I get constant reboots on any beast mode kernel I've tried and whenever I restore a back up I lose the ability to change anything on system or sdcard. This happens on any TW rom I use and using both cwm or twrp recoveries.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
I hate to ask but I haven't seen one around. Is there a stock kernel that doesn't have storage_secure set to true? I flashed this and checked build prop and it says false but I couldn't delete or move anything. The reason I ask is I get constant reboots on any beast mode kernel I've tried and whenever I restore a back up I lose the ability to change anything on system or sdcard. This happens on any TW rom I use and using both cwm or twrp recoveries.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Can you provide a brief summary of what you've flashed, recently. Were you ever on 4.4? How about AOSP?

Sent from my SM-N900P

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Can you provide a brief summary of what you've flashed, recently. Were you ever on 4.4? How about AOSP?

Sent from my SM-N900P

I was on beanstalk/ aosp. But this happens even if I go from toxic Swamp to odexed blue. My aosp backups run fine on a restore. It's just TW roms running the stock kernel. Seeing as beast mode is the only aftermarket kernel I don't have any other choices.

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
I was on beanstalk/ aosp. But this happens even if I go from toxic Swamp to odexed blue. My aosp backups run fine on a restore. It's just TW roms running the stock kernel. Seeing as beast mode is the only aftermarket kernel I don't have any other choices.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've read, the only fix for some, has been a complete wipe, including internal storage. Follow up with PC Odin-ing the TW tar. I assume you are trying to stay on MJ4?

Sent from my SM-N900P

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've read, the only fix for some, has been a complete wipe, including internal storage. Follow up with PC Odin-ing the TW tar. I assume you are trying to stay on MJ4?

Sent from my SM-N900P

I can fix it by flashing beast mode or doing a full wipe and re flash. I was just hoping there was a stock kernel with the storage unlocked that I could flash. Even a dirty flash of the rom doesn't fix it. Not a big deal, I'll just have to get over my flashaholism. Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MJ4 Kernel: MJ4

You're welcome. I just realized this hasn't already been done by one of the forums "heavy hitters". I flashed it about a jillion times on my phone, without any problems.
    Good job,keep up the good work
    Thanks LMMT. ..This was much needed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app