[App - How To] QPair with AOSP based ROMs

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So finally got QPair running on my V5100...

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+

Instructions:
    1. Uninstall QPair if you have it installed on both tablet and phone
    2. Modify your build.prop

Before
      Code:
      ro.product.model=LG-V500
      ro.product.name=awifi_open_eu
      ro.product.device=v500
      ro.product.board=awifi
      ro.build.product=v500

After
      Code:
      ro.product.model=LG-V510
      ro.product.name=palman
      ro.product.device=palman
      ro.product.board=palman
      ro.build.product=palman
    3. Reboot
    4. Install QPair on Tablet and Phone
    5. Run QPair app
    6. Enjoy

What is going to be most commonly asked question:
    Q. How do I modify build.prop

A1. Use Root Explorer to make changes on phone. Make not of current permissions of original build.prop file and make sure modified build.prop file permissions match before you reboot. If permissions are not set properly than tablet will not boot.

A2. Use the attached ZIP file to flash build.prop

A3. Pull build.prop file from your AOSP ROM, make the changes you want, save new build.prop file, replace your modified build.prop with one in attached zip file and than flash.

After I made my changes to the build.prop I placed it into my GApps package so when I flash new ROM and GApps, the modified build.prop will flash with GApps.

Notes:
    Not all lines may need to be changed. That's what I changed on first try to get it QPair to work.
    When you flash new ROM you will need to modify build.prop or flash a modified build.prop...
    After that I have updated the CM11 and the build.prop returned "stock", qpair still works fine!

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 con Tapatalk 4

Same here. I'm starting to thing that with the edited build.prop, the Playstore installs a version for AOSP roms that doesn't need any LG framework bits to work. I'll pull the apk from my GPad and upload it here. If someone is willing to give it a go, It might install and run fine without any editing.

Link is here :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B28JjbSZz6zWa2hkMjA0NWpkQTQ/edit?usp=sharing
    Hi, after modifying build.prop do you reinstall from the good play store? or do I need to flash a zip that is a special version for tablets? Because when I reinstall from the google play store and go into the initial setup pushing the start button does nothing. I can just tap it over and over it it show the animation of getting pushed down but nothing happens. (I'm on the CM11 rom)

Thanks for the help! Let me know if there's anything I need to do to help with troubleshooting!

Thanks again!

Install from playstore

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hello! Edit just the model line, save, reboot, install from play store and is working flawlessly. I'm on CM11 latest nightly.

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app