[Q] I want to go back to default factory C6802

Search This thread

elietx

Mar 4, 2014
Hello,
I had updated my C6802 to 14.2.A.1.136 someday through my Xperia Update Centre(in-built mobile app). But I wanted my mobile rooted. I found this thread(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630781) which explained how I can root my mobile. I passed up to fifth step under "Coming from stock 14.2.A.1.136 or 14.2.A.0.290 with locked BL" part. But as soon as I realised the links of sixth step are dead I rued myself because of what I did.
Now I have rooted mobile but, first, in it's "About phone" under "Model number" C6833 is written while it's not my actual phone model, second, the mobile is not able to update and remained stuck at 14.1.B.1.532, third, it's not able to repair through Sony PC Companion, fourth, I can't go back to version I want with "Factory data reset".
1. I want my mobile back to what I bought in terms of it's software. I live in Iran if it matters for the firmware or other things.(Official software would be more favourable!), Is it possible?
2. Is it possible to convert these to FTF files?
3. If I could succeed going back to my default factory mobile software, is it possible to first root device and then update to 14.2.A.1.136?

I should thank you in advance, I do thank!

gcg000

Apr 25, 2007
restore the TA backup if you made one this will relock your bootloader and get you the DRM keys back then download the ftf file for your device http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2453921 then use flashtool to flash the stock rom you want !

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

if you want to root 136 then you should stay with the unlocked bootloader so skip the restoring TA backup part ! after flashing the ftf you can use this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631866 its short and easy

Reactions: elietx

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hello,
I had updated my C6802 ...!
All's not lost
"in it's "About phone" under "Model number" C6833"
Don' worry when you flash the correct firmware it will go back to c6802

" the mobile is not able to update and remained stuck at 14.1.B.1.532"
"it's not able to repair through Sony PC Companion"
"version I want with 'Factory data reset'."
All the same issue:
Once rooted we normally have to flash manually as Sony's software won't update modified firmware.

1: not going to happen unless you un-root etc, but you want a rooted phone yes?
2: No.
3: You are already rooted, and it depends if you have unlocked the BL (or if you want to) on the next steps.

And I have updated the links in the guide to point at the DIR not the file si will work even if [NUT] updates the file again

elietx

Mar 4, 2014
All's not lost

All the same issue:
Once rooted we normally have to flash manually as Sony's software won't update modified firmware.

3: You are already rooted, and it depends if you have unlocked the BL (or if you want to) on the next steps.

And I have updated the links in the guide to point at the DIR not the file si will work even if [NUT] updates the file again

restore the TA backup if you made one this will relock your bootloader and get you the DRM keys back then download the ftf file for your device http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2453921 then use flashtool to flash the stock rom you want !

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

if you want to root 136 then you should stay with the unlocked bootloader so skip the restoring TA backup part ! after flashing the ftf you can use this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631866 its short and easy

Hey mates,
Thanks again for quick useful replies.
I had decided not to have a rooted mobile, the third question was only for my information.
But there are some other questions:
1. If I flash an official ftf and don't root/unblock bootloader, will I be able to update my android through Xperia Update Centre?
2. Is it okay to restore TA which I backed up when I was using a(n) rooted/older Android version? What exactly does the TA Backup do?

blueether, thanks for your answers and Guide Thread.
gcg000, thanks for your answer.

wright_ac

May 26, 2013
Leeds
Restoring your TA Backup should be fine provided you do it through Flashtool, then if you wipe cache and dalvik then flash a stock ROM all should be well. If you restore back to stock as in Bootloader Locked and NO root then your phone will update through Update Centre and PC Companion as normal. Follow the instructions carefully when restoring your phone too!

Good luck and happy flashing!

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hey mates,
I had decided not to have a rooted mobile, the third question was only for my information.
1. If I flash an official ftf and don't root/unblock bootloader, will I be able to update my android through Xperia Update Centre?
2. Is it okay to restore TA which I backed up when I was using a(n) rooted/older Android version? What exactly does the TA Backup do?

if you used TA backup I would restore the backup with that, search for the guide on restoring you TA, it's around somewhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello,
    I had updated my C6802 ...!
    All's not lost

All the same issue:

Restoring your TA Backup should be fine provided you do it through Flashtool, then if you wipe cache and dalvik then flash a stock ROM all should be well. If you restore back to stock as in Bootloader Locked and NO root then your phone will update through Update Centre and PC Companion as normal. Follow the instructions carefully when restoring your phone too!

Good luck and happy flashing!
    Hey mates,

if you used TA backup I would restore the backup with that, search for the guide on restoring you TA, it's around somewhere