warning - Anker battery exploded in my sensation

Search This thread

shose

May 3, 2013
maybe you tried to charge it with external charger, but not the original anker charger

onemanshow85

Apr 25, 2012
The Hague
found this post while looking for anker battery selling points and I have to say, what a ridiculous post.

We're talking sensation here. and by the looks of the size of that battery then at least the battery cover should be torn. Considering said cover is solid metal where the battery is the phone should most definetly be damaged. No ss to back up it's either damaged or not. No story to back up your claim, ony "phone was fine doing nothing in normal conditions". I'm not buying that. A certified battery doesn't xplode doing nothing, it had to be stressed somehow.

I think the following; the picture shows a messed up battery on a pavement (a bit of shoe is vissible). I'm guessing you either found this thing on the street, took a pic and thought it would be cool to troll XDA with some weak argument. Or you toyed with a loose battery.

In either cases, you didn't expect the XDA community to actually think this stuff through before buying this crap and flame a generally well praised battery manufacturer. GL on your next troll attempt, which is clearly not on XDA.

Reactions: Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Feb 14, 2013
A few months ago, I woke up and reached for my Sensation, which was left to charge overnight. After a moment, I rushed to the switch, pulled the plug and pull the battery out of the phone - they were both very hot. I do not know what would have happened, if I slept for a couple of hours longer :). I use this anker about 1 year.

omegajester

Jun 10, 2009
Carpathia
I used not one, but two Anker batteries on my i9300. They worked ok I guess. Even though they were a higher capacity, it seemed that they always got less battery than stock battery. That, and both of them got inflated after a while. Sort of hard to make the battery cover fit lol. They worked ok though.

ichigo_kurosaki

Feb 24, 2013
Butuan City
Anker battery user myself..

agree with you,I was wondering if the guy is the competitor of anker brand,coz there's no any proof,the photo isn't clear .

i bought my Senny XE last march 8..second hand from a friend coz he is a rich guy and changes phones every 6 months or so..he sold it cheap so i grabbed the chance. he included an Anker set (2 1900mah Anker batteries+Anker charger) on the package..so far i admire the Anker battery much..even if my phone gets hot (i dunno why but Senny gets hot easily), my battery stays in a normal temperature..and my anker lasts longer in usage than the standard Senny battery which is just 1730mah..and now that i am using Revelation rom with SebastianFM's battery friendly kernel, my phone is really a performer, even if i play games or use wifi so much..one of my 2 ankers was marked with a ? by my friend to denote that it is defective by default (drains at an abnormal rate)..i really had no problem with anker and i am planning to buy another set to replace the defective one..

black650

Jun 9, 2014
Came across this thread after my friends phone had a mal. It was very strange. He dropped it from a seat to a hard floor and it landed on one end. It turned off and began to heat up a lot! We took out the battery and left it on a seat away from us as it began to expand with the excessive heat. It was a second hand phone with an anker battery that could well have been over clocked and modified before. We devised a way to lift the battery outside into the cool air between a few hymn books and left it for a while. It stopped expelling heat and began to cool but was totally useless afterwards, it was quite squishy, the internals were obviously destroyed. I'd say if we had left it in the heat it could have expanded more but it was about 5'C outside.

Phenomious

Sep 24, 2011
I've had mine for half a year now and haven't encountered any problems. I suppose TS got a faulty one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi freinds,
    Just wanted to warn you about the anker battery.
    Exploded in my device few months ago and forgot to write it in this forum.

m22ra.jpg

Have a nice weekend,
    k_ayal.
    LOL, wanted to know of someone is intrested.
    My phone is rooted, the rom was virtuous 2.1.0, regular OC to 1.5 GHz.
    The device was charged during the night and half an hour after I plugged it off the charger and was sitting in my car the phone exploded in the phone car holder doing nothing while explotion.
    Hope your dog is fine :)
    Hi freinds,
    Just wanted to warn you about the anker battery.
    Exploded in my device few months ago and forgot to write it in this forum.

Have a nice weekend,
    k_ayal.

This sounds VERY bogus. No picture of your phone, or any explanation! Without hard evidence, your claim, which is first of its kind, is unverifiable.

Moreover, how do you know for a fact that it was Anker Battery that caused the meltdown, and NOT exposing your phone to direct sunlight for a prolonged period, though HTC specifically & expressly warns against it on the Manual!

Furthermore, Ankers are well praised for keeping cool temperatures.

Conclusion:
    The only plausible scenario is that you were running your GPS while driving, with your phone hung in direct sunlight, for a long time. I believe this is how you killed your previous phone ( HTC Desire ) as well, only you blamed it on a faulty motherboard.

Advice:
    My experience with driving with GPS on, and phone in direct sunlight cause these phones to heat up to fierce temperatures and something will inevitably break - my HD2's previous digitizer, for example. So, it would serve you better to put your phone away from sunlight if you use it as your daily GPS device.

better luck with your next phone, and I hope u remember my advice.

P.S. And, don't think your Samsung Galaxy SII is immune to this!!!!
    Is your dog ok?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using XDA App
    found this post while looking for anker battery selling points and I have to say, what a ridiculous post.

We're talking sensation here. and by the looks of the size of that battery then at least the battery cover should be torn. Considering said cover is solid metal where the battery is the phone should most definetly be damaged. No ss to back up it's either damaged or not. No story to back up your claim, ony "phone was fine doing nothing in normal conditions". I'm not buying that. A certified battery doesn't xplode doing nothing, it had to be stressed somehow.

I think the following; the picture shows a messed up battery on a pavement (a bit of shoe is vissible). I'm guessing you either found this thing on the street, took a pic and thought it would be cool to troll XDA with some weak argument. Or you toyed with a loose battery.

In either cases, you didn't expect the XDA community to actually think this stuff through before buying this crap and flame a generally well praised battery manufacturer. GL on your next troll attempt, which is clearly not on XDA.