User report for GT-P3700 CM-10.2 by C-o-M

Search This thread

dark$hadow

Sep 2, 2013
Because I'm not allowed to post to the appropriate thread in the developer forum, here my experiences with the latest CM-10.2 from August, 27th 2013 by C-o-M:

Upgraded device GT-P3700 from Android 3.1 Honeycomb (maybe some new user finds these instructions useful):

1) Rooted device by applying root-original.zip using stock recovery.
2) Applied latest code.google.com/p/tab89cm/downloads/detail?name=Clockwork_Recovery_6.0.2.7_GT-P7300.zip&can=2&q=" using stock recovery.
3) Wiped cache, data partition, cleared, dalvik cache, ran factory reset using CWM.
4) Applied CM-10.2 and appropriate gapps-jb-mr2-noneon-20130824-signed.zip using CWM.

First, I noticed a minor thing: The cyanogenmod boot animation is a bit strange though; it seems broken the first few moments, that is there seems to be a wrong display mode set that distorts the image, or maybe the orientation is wrong. Whatever, it does no harm to general functionality and the screen restores itself shortly before the home screen is being loaded, and shows the correct logo animation.

So far, everything works fine except GPS (apart from HDMI out which I can't even test). I can use fdroid now which crashed on stock. And everything is very smooth and snappy now. I've tested WLAN and bluetooth, no 3g so far (but other user reports claim it works fine).

It would be nice if the GPS could be made to work. I'd like to use the tablet as an offline navigation system sometimes. GPS is reported to be enabled, but no satellites are found.

Otherwise great job, thanks a lot!

@Moderators: If it is no issue, please grant me rights to post to the appropriate dev thread directly. It is a bit impractical to post this out of place.

Because I'm not allowed to post to the appropriate thread in the developer forum, here my experiences with the latest CM-10.2 from August, 27th 2013 by C-o-M:

Upgraded device GT-P3700 from Android 3.1 Honeycomb (maybe some new user finds these instructions useful):

2) Applied latest code.google.com/p/tab89cm/downloads/detail?name=Clockwork_Recovery_6.0.2.7_GT-P7300.zip&can=2&q=" using stock recovery.
3) Wiped cache, data partition, cleared, dalvik cache, ran factory reset using CWM.
4) Applied CM-10.2 and appropriate gapps-jb-mr2-noneon-20130824-signed.zip using CWM.

First, I noticed a minor thing: The cyanogenmod boot animation is a bit strange though; it seems broken the first few moments, that is there seems to be a wrong display mode set that distorts the image, or maybe the orientation is wrong. Whatever, it does no harm to general functionality and the screen restores itself shortly before the home screen is being loaded, and shows the correct logo animation.

So far, everything works fine except GPS (apart from HDMI out which I can't even test). I can use fdroid now which crashed on stock. And everything is very smooth and snappy now. I've tested WLAN and bluetooth, no 3g so far (but other user reports claim it works fine).

It would be nice if the GPS could be made to work. I'd like to use the tablet as an offline navigation system sometimes. GPS is reported to be enabled, but no satellites are found.

@Moderators: If it is no issue, please grant me rights to post to the appropriate dev thread directly. It is a bit impractical to post this out of place.

thanks for your expierens. I am use CM 10.2 from first reply and before also CM 10.1 by different versions , i think the Boot animation is not a bug.
I think also it is better that .we were are user have the Chance to post our expirence at the thread,but these are the rules.
For me is this version very good and i am used my tab daily. My onlyest bug are the battery drain. So i searcht settings .were i can reduced this.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda app-developers app

Sep 1, 2011
KL
What the prob with the GPS? :confused:

Im still thinking to flash this rom....but worried about the bugs...
Coz i had softbricked my tab few time b4... huhu...

upconvert

Aug 24, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
What the prob with the GPS? :confused:

Im still thinking to flash this rom....but worried about the bugs...
Coz i had softbricked my tab few time b4... huhu...

I don't think there's any risk of bricking while flashing this rom. Just make a nandroid if you are worried, and restore it if the bugs aren't worth it. If you are going back to ics, you will have to move all the files from /sdcard/0 to /sdcard, but that's easy enough. Going back to any 4.2.x rom is no hassle at all.

Sep 1, 2011
KL
Other than HDMI, is there any other issues with this rom?

Saw some people have problem with APN...with on/off the aeroplane mode will solve it i think..
Coz i had this issue b4...

allywilson

Sep 7, 2013
No calls

Everything seems fine except I can't make or receive calls (GT-P7300)

As soon as I can press Call it hangs up. Can't receive calls either.

Data over 3G is fine, and I can send/receive SMS messages no problem.

Grabbing output from logcat, everything seems fine except for this:
Code:
E/BluetoothPhoneService(  974): Could not get a handle on Connection object for the call

Which is the only error I see. I'm not trying to use Bluetooth (it's turned off).

Anyone else with this issue?

Sep 1, 2011
KL
Just flash cm10.2 by com...
So far, all good... 3g APN already set after boot...
GPS on google map, waze & sygic so far is ok.. Didnt try navigating yet

Issue I found so far
-cannot reboot...it just switch off the tab & need to on manually
-when open setting>interface>quick setting panel>tyle & layout..
then press "back", its FC & written "unfortunately, setting has stopped"
-call in & out is not functioning.. does we need to do someting to make it work? (Like installing modem on ics rom before)

Last edited:
Today I am flashed the new version 10.2 (4.3)from Com
Before I am flashed the new version I am make a backup,to make sure to go back when something going wrong
I done no wipe or factory reset, flashed directly over the old version.
at the startup comes a new account by cynagon
I ve test wlan , GPS , google now , email and all my apps works fine.
root works also.
at the touchscreen I see now lag,
also new user works now

edit: if got the reboot issue, when I press the reboot button on the logscreen ,the tab shuts down but it didn't restart. I must make an hard reset, press and hold 15 seconds the power button before tab restart.
The thame I must do after fully charging. ( the tab was off )

Last edited:

allywilson

Sep 7, 2013

Code:
E/BluetoothPhoneService(  974): Could not get a handle on Connection object for the call

Which is the only error I see. I'm not trying to use Bluetooth (it's turned off).

I've finally figured out how to get the calls working on my GT-P7300 / P5.

I used the latest 10.2 from C-o-M, called cm-10.2-20130912-UNOFFICIAL-P5.zip, installed it under CWM 5.5, rebooted (no flushing of cache). Let it upgrade the apps (let it take me through the latest register for Cyanogenmod stuff as well). SMS and data working, still no calls though.

Found this forum post.

I downloaded the file called CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip and installed it under CWM 5.5 again. Rebooted (again no flushing of cache) - and it works!

That forum post has ZIP files named after the baseband with "ENABLE VOICE CALL" on the end as well, and although I downloaded the one specific to my modem version (P7300XXLQ6) I didn't need to install it to get the calls working.

Hope the above makes sense and helps other people!

Ally

Reactions: slaughterer0206
Sep 1, 2011
KL
Wanna ask... im having video & music stopping everytime notification message....
So far it happen on youtube, viki & apollo...

Did anyone having similar prob?

mrbean1012

Mar 16, 2014
Fix make/receive call in p7300

I used the latest 10.2 from C-o-M, called cm-10.2-20130912-UNOFFICIAL-P5.zip, installed it under CWM 5.5, rebooted (no flushing of cache). Let it upgrade the apps (let it take me through the latest register for Cyanogenmod stuff as well). SMS and data working, still no calls though.

Found this forum post.

I downloaded the file called CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip and installed it under CWM 5.5 again. Rebooted (again no flushing of cache) - and it works!

That forum post has ZIP files named after the baseband with "ENABLE VOICE CALL" on the end as well, and although I downloaded the one specific to my modem version (P7300XXLQ6) I didn't need to install it to get the calls working.

Ally

Thank you! I've just flash CM 10.2 and i found out that is the smoothest rom i've ever flash (Rom stock, 4.4.2 Nameless, Omni) . I also have an issue in making and receiving phone call . I'll try fix it

aga2

Sep 17, 2010
This flash gave a new life to 8.9 tab :D
Everything works OK...

haven't tried gsm calls but i do not need this feature.

Reactions: abadan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GPS prob are fixed,show the thread by COM 10.2 ( 4.3 ) post 133 by DemonGloom,Post #133
    Be fore i ve copyed the file i show only 2 Satellit after then 10 and more

Code:

Found this forum post.

Ally
    This flash gave a new life to 8.9 tab :D
    Everything works OK...

haven't tried gsm calls but i do not need this feature.