[Q] Can't access phone during call, need help!

Search This thread

iamth3jack

Jun 23, 2014
Whenever I start or answer a phone call, my screen goes black and will not turn on until the other person hangs up. I just recently found on my ROM that I can set the power button to end the call so I have been using that, but I cannot use the keypad to type passwords and it is very frustrating. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am currently using the Black Edition PACRom for the s4, but the problem also happened when using the standard cyanogenmod. I am thinking that maybe the proximity sensor is screwed up but I am just very frustrated about it. Any help would be great!

usmandiaye

Jul 2, 2012
Dakar
Whenever I start or answer a phone call, my screen goes black and will not turn on until the other person hangs up. I just recently found on my ROM that I can set the power button to end the call so I have been using that, but I cannot use the keypad to type passwords and it is very frustrating. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am currently using the Black Edition PACRom for the s4, but the problem also happened when using the standard cyanogenmod. I am thinking that maybe the proximity sensor is screwed up but I am just very frustrated about it. Any help would be great!

I think it is the proximity sensor, I had the same issue and what I did is to replace the glass and making some enlargement near the proximity sensor in order to have more blank space around.
you can see it in the photo.
With stock rom, things goes find, now the screen goes black only if i place it on my ear, but with custom rom, i can not hang up calls even if i press the hang up button, call still continuing.

Sorry, if my english is bad, i am a french speaking.

Attachments

• sensor_issue.jpg
    sensor_issue.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 20