New ROM I8700XXKH2 [SamFirmware] But...

Search This thread

Hyst3RiA

Aug 12, 2011
FRANCE
Files in the ROM are not signed... SamFirmware looking for a solution because this ROM may contain MANGO (specific to the Omnia 7).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,173

Fjtorsol

Apr 3, 2010
Files in the ROM are not signed... SamFirmware looking for a solution because this ROM may contain MANGO (specific to the Omnia 7).

It's actually so easy to know the exact build of Mango that it contains just dump the VersionID.txt from the IMGFS with HTCRIE as it contains all the compilation information.

Hyst3RiA

Aug 12, 2011
FRANCE
ROM is not deployed at this time because the files are not signed.
SamFirmware are looking for a solution for that ROM can be flashed.

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
KD1 is signed by WP_ENGINEER certificate (or whatever, but it can't be flashed on our devices with our current SPL). The same is probably the KH2 ROM. If it was at least on their website, I could check whether it is Mango or not and whether I should mess with it around or not :)

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
If I understand the blog post correctly, they say, that they could not release WP7_PRODUCT ROM, so they released only WP7_ENGINEER.

If I had spare Omnia, I would give it a try, but I don't have one.

rvmax

Jul 10, 2008
Samsung could make a case in court against us.
Because the roms are officialy not released by Samsung we can't do this.
The only thing we can do is releasing the rom so you guys can try it by yourself.

ROM is release but not unlock for all of us. Only Devs.

Samsungfirmware success to hack it but will not relase it. Umh how long we have to wait before hack be release !!!

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Nope, just the classic

0C0A (Spanish), 040C (French), 0407 (German), 0409 (US English), 0410 (Italian), 0809 (UK English)

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Okay, me and Ceesheim are trying out something.

There is .cab.pks file in the update, that contains only OEM specific updates:

http://clip2net.com/s/19zi6
(left extracted ROM, right the update package for the same item)

Ceesheim is trying to flash it through "Zune", I don't have spare phone to mess around on :D

Will keep you posted.

// The only thing that might be problem is the Radio (PHONE) part, as that one is not updated. Yet we update RIL in one of the packages :/.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elastep

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Actually
the enclosed .cab.pks contains everything - new bootloader (5.3.0.8 - but BE WARNED, it might be LOCKED TO WP7_ENGINEER RATHER WP7_PRODUCT! So further flashing Retail ROMs might be blocked!), new radio (2424.11.7.2) and the new drivers set (2424.11.8.2).

The update was succesfully deployed, and the phone booted fine.

Ceesheim is still trying some functions (phone, SMS) and I am trying to take out the new bootloader from the update package.

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Yes, as I was afraid, it flashed WP7_ENGINEER bootloader onto the phone with the rest of the stuff too.

Until I can figure out which package contains it, DO NOT FLASH IT! or you will be locked to ENGINEER ROMs only!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually
    the enclosed .cab.pks contains everything - new bootloader (5.3.0.8 - but BE WARNED, it might be LOCKED TO WP7_ENGINEER RATHER WP7_PRODUCT! So further flashing Retail ROMs might be blocked!), new radio (2424.11.7.2) and the new drivers set (2424.11.8.2).

The update was succesfully deployed, and the phone booted fine.

Ceesheim is still trying some functions (phone, SMS) and I am trying to take out the new bootloader from the update package.
    When moon gets to phase where it looks like it has blue-ish color.

Nobody knows ;D
    Okay, me and Ceesheim are trying out something.

There is .cab.pks file in the update, that contains only OEM specific updates:

http://clip2net.com/s/19zi6
    (left extracted ROM, right the update package for the same item)

Ceesheim is trying to flash it through "Zune", I don't have spare phone to mess around on :D

Will keep you posted.

// The only thing that might be problem is the Radio (PHONE) part, as that one is not updated. Yet we update RIL in one of the packages :/.
    I can't say anything but this way is wrong. You can't use ZUNE!
    When you see our pictures we change the system so we can use engineer roms.
    I can tell you Samsung will release also the normal Mango releases. (WP7_Product)

We keep a eye on both :)