[Q] Galaxy S3 I9300 bricked and not enters in recovery mode,enters in download mode

Search This thread

dharmsh

Mar 17, 2014
Hi Guys, I am in big trouble, My friend purchased an used galaxy s3 GT-I9300 europian/uk version two days back, and he is not tech savvy so he ask me to help to install software apps and other stuff, and handed over the phone to me for one day, so i perform hard reset to his phone, and it was running on ICS 4.0.4, so i checked for firmware update, and try to install it via OTA, after downloading update the phone restarted, but update not installed. so i again downloaded OTA update and install it, now after rebooting it freezed on samsung logo. So i wipe it via recovery mode and reboot it. Now after rebooting it freezed on a screen "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".

(1) Now i am unable to enter in recovery mode, i can only enter in download mode, so i think it is soft bricked, not hard bricked, and can be repaired some how..
(2) I am unable to see charging screen when phone is connected to USB, it shows "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". but i think it is still charging
(3) I have tried famous 15 minute battery out
(4) i have tried to install via kies
(5) i have installed 3-4 firmware via odin in download mode, but when it tries to restart, it again stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".
(6) I have tried via Oneclick Unbrick file
(7) As i plugged USB cable (either battery inside or without battery), in both case, it displays "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". screen. and i have to remove usb and battery to start it again, however when i insert only battery without usb plugged, then it never shows the screen "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".
(8) I am from india, and friend purchased phone from somebody else which is from UK so i am not able to get service centre help her.
(9) phone is more than 1 year old, and carrier unlocked, so it is out of warranty now.

Now I am out of ideas, please help me how can i resolve the issue, because my friend think, i have messed his phone, he has not dial a single call with his phone yet. PLEASE..PLEASE HELP ME OTHERWISE I HAVE TO PAY FULL AMOUNT TO HIM...PLEASE HELP......

Attachments

• IMG_20140317_102620.jpg
    IMG_20140317_102620.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_20140317_102529.jpg
    IMG_20140317_102529.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

Choristav

Dec 25, 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Would have taken much less reading the stickies rather than posting this.

There's only so much people here can do and if the stickies are exhausted there's no easy answer. What odin version are you using?

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Follow the guide in general forum sticky to flash the right firmware for your country. Download the latest firmware from Sammobile.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dharmsh

Mar 17, 2014
Follow the guide in general forum sticky to flash the right firmware for your country. Download the latest firmware from Sammobile.com

Odin version is 3.09, and i have tried rom from sam mobile WITH ODIN, But due to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". It is stuck at Nand write, or sometimes Process failed in odin., phone belongs to UK,

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Since it was on ICS could be affected by sudden death causing emmc failure. Samsung give 2 years warranty on handsets but you're gonna struggle in India. Try "firmware upgrade and initialization" in kies. If that doesn't work it's most likely dead, can you still see the phone model in download mode?

dharmsh

Mar 17, 2014
Since it was on ICS could be affected by sudden death causing emmc failure. Samsung give 2 years warranty on handsets but you're gonna struggle in India. Try "firmware upgrade and initialization" in kies. If that doesn't work it's most likely dead, can you still see the phone model in download mode?

Yes i have attached snaps, and i am able to see my model no. in download mode

dharmsh

Mar 17, 2014
Now it is also not entering in download mode, I have to plug usb cable via laptop or via charger to enter download mode, i don't whether battery discharged or some other issue?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Your last option is to try the rescue firmware, search in general forum.

Follow the guide exactly on how to use it, but if it fails to flash then you have a hard brick -new motherboard required.

dharmsh

Mar 17, 2014
All rescue files for my device are old, so all files are hosted on hostfile.com, which was banned due to US copyright issue, so links are not working

Last edited: