Toshiba Thrive

Search This thread

manuelcalavera

Jun 20, 2007
does 3G dongles work on Android devices ?
since Thrives dont have any placeto my sim card, I was hoping if USB 3G dongles works on it .

originalone

Jul 28, 2011
3g can be added with patch? it is standard for android 3 and works on other tablets. so thrive got it, if patch is used.

i think i saw this info in asus and acer tablet forum, and since we all got same tablet, it works?

Reactions: wahbob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So does this tablet have an unlocked bootloader?

That will make or break my decision on purchasing one.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

It DOES have an unlocked bootloader. In fact its totally unlocked from the factory(unheard of).

I know this because I bricked mine by flashing the rooted boot.img for the Xoom with fastboot.

On that note, if anyone know of a way to extract or has access to a stock boot.img I would be very grateful!
    How I fixed My Toshiba Thrive sleep Issue

I had the same issue when the tablet went into sleep mode it wouldn't wake up it would just blink. In order to turn it back on I had to hold down the power button until it went off then restart it. I fixed it by taking out the battery plugging in the tablet turning it on with no battery, then i put the battery back in and unplugged the device while it was still on it immediately noticed the battery and the sleep problem stopped happening hope this helps.

Edit: I got my thrive early at best at the time this worked for a couple days but then the issue returned again i thought the update would help but I still had the same issue, but now more often.
    Just got this thing today, gonna start working on some stuff, root etc,
    I'm sure kernel source isn't out yet but as soona s it is(anyone point me to it if they can) I'll try and get an OC kernel. First though gotta see what Toshiba did as far as the bootloader goes
    MODS WE NEED A SECTION, please?
    Now this is the first tablet I've had and my first run in with honeycomb, last I heard there was no hc source, but that seems to have changed as I read Asus released source and people have been compiling kernels for the xoom, so hopefully Toshiba makes us happy being dev-friendly as well need all their specific drivers
    I have heard the July 7th update killed the ADB drivers and the bootloader was locked pre-update.

This not the case. I got ADB working just by using the Android SDK (Level 12) and Google USB Driver (v4). More details at www.thriveforums.org

So now a question, does Android 3.1 have some kind of issue with L2TP IPSec VPN connections?

Unfortunately, OS (Honeycomb) has an incomplete L2TP IPSec implementation. Though has also been true of most of the Android 2.2 / 2.3 builds I've run on my Galaxy S. I tried using an existing PSK / 3DES setup only find out it doesn't support any more than DES. For my situation, I've been able to use PocketCloud as an alternative solution.
    ****EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION*****
    So, according to this forum supported hdd format is exFAT. Apparently it's in the manual, so, I guess I should go RTFM.
    *****End edit*****

As for a previous statement, the mkv files...have you tried a different player? One that supports them and all their subtitles? Or does that player support them?

thanks...gonna try it now. didn't know there was a thrive forums...XDA hurry up and give us a dedicated forum!