Smoocha kernel -- AOSP 4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Just tried version 3 but I'm getting the same flickering...thanks for the effort though!

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Also, CPU freq seems to stick at 1026 even though its set to 384...

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Actually I was just watching the screen in the performance setting...I tried v2 and v1 and those two both drop down to 384.
Is it supposed to hang even when idling?

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Actually I was just watching the screen in the performance setting...I tried v2 and v1 and those two both drop down to 384.
Is it supposed to hang even when idling?

Nope, should go back to 384 after ~2 sec without touching the screen. If it doesn't, you probably have a process that is draining CPU.

Last edited:

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
I run very minimal software and I've never had any process hanging before...plus like I mentioned above, v1 and v2 don't hang...

OK scratch that v2 hangs gonna try v1 again.

Last edited:

pfoxdizzle

Mar 1, 2011
Auburn
BTW intellidemand on v3 works beautifully. It cuts all of my cores off except one and that one runs at the lowest frequency when I'm idle. Can't wait to see how battery life is!!

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
[/COLOR]Just out curiosity, how is "houcha" pronounced? I know it's based on your names, but still.

It looks like it should be "hoo" "chah", but for some reason, I want to say "hoo" "kah". :cool:.

I keep thinking how fun it'd be if Chad's name was Chet ... then we'd have a HouChe kernel. :D

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
On a more serious note ... Lol

Is the LED colour controlled by the kernel?

Running the included kernel with RootBox, I had a green notification LED.

Running v1 and v3 if the Houcha kernel, with the same RootBox install, I now have a red notification LED.

Just curious. Was a very noticeable difference. Is this hard-coded into the kernel?

Sent through the magic of an LG Optimus G (E971) running RootBox 4.2.2.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
I was messing around in the led settings of cm10.1 and found out that you can actually change the notification colour with the colour picker in the settings app.
I set my notifications to red since I can't change the charging colour.
So now mine is yellowish for charging and all notifications red.
If charging while a notification comes in it will flash between yellowish and red.
This can also be set with the stock cm10.1 kernel so I don't think it's kernel dependant?
Correct me if I'm wrong Chad!

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I was messing around in the led settings of cm10.1 and found out that you can actually change the notification colour with the colour picker in the settings app.
I set my notifications to red since I can't change the charging colour.
So now mine is yellowish for charging and all notifications red.
If charging while a notification comes in it will flash between yellowish and red.
This can also be set with the stock cm10.1 kernel so I don't think it's kernel dependant?
Correct me if I'm wrong Chad!

It's based on liblight (lights.msm8960.so (Since we don't build from source and use the stock one)) and kernel. It should be the way you said, so it's a good thing.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
It's based on liblight (lights.msm8960.so (Since we don't build from source and use the stock one)) and kernel. It should be the way you said, so it's a good thing.

Is there any way to control the charging colour?
Oh and I meant to also ask, any luck finding out where the flickering was coming from?
Houstonns aokp had it when he first released but he fixed it...
Last thing, the stuck at 1026 was with the wheatley governor...
I'm using intellidemand now and its not sticking on v3.

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
I just got a screen not waking up on notification.
On V3 kernel...

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I am not sure, I will see that. Right now it's red < 15%, yellow 15% => 90%, green 90%+

This works exactly as you said so nevermind my question about controlling the charge led!
I never noticed it before since I always seem to be floating in the >15 <90 range!

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
On a more serious note ... Lol

Is the LED colour controlled by the kernel?

Running the included kernel with RootBox, I had a green notification LED.

Running v1 and v3 if the Houcha kernel, with the same RootBox install, I now have a red notification LED.

Just curious. Was a very noticeable difference. Is this hard-coded into the kernel?

Turns out both red and green LEDs work, they're just reversed: red for notifications, green for charging.

Sent through the magic of an LG Optimus G (E971) running RootBox 4.2.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, here is a little kernel Houstonn and I have been working on. It's based on Faux123 kernel for nexus 4, however, it has evolved into a "buffet" kernel. I keep choosing what i believe is the better interface / way of doing things in a choice of various way or what could give us better battery / performance. I'm trying to maintain a certain balance.

This version is for geeb (AT&T/Canadian) with the 8mp cam. If you have a 13mp camera use that thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2246152

I won't link to Faux123 kernel in the nexus 4 for the simple reason that 99% of the people don't read and on these 99% of people, a few will end up flashing nexus 4 kernel which mostly flash by partition number and not by partition name thus hard bricking their device.

Reason to at least try it :

1. CPU voltage table
    2. Intellidemand and Wheatley governor added
    3. All the block I/O scheduler
    4. TCP Westwood algorithm
    5. Faux123 sounds interface
    6. Faux123 gamma interface (color control)
    7. Newest Prima (wifi) driver.
    8. In-kernel thermal watching
    9. Msm_mpdecision (In-kernel OpenSource MPDecision)
    10. Frandom module loaded at boot.

Houstonn
    Faux123
    Show-P1984
    FranciscoFranco
    Shelnutt2
    XpLoDWilD
    Thracky
    Synergye
    Exit_only
    Downloads and sources.

All the downloads will be here :

Use the geeb version.

http://ribs.bbqdroid.org/houcha

My source are there :

https://github.com/chadouming/smoocha
    Today i went into a major revamp. Complete rebase with taking only the commit we need. Cleaned much of the left over and a few bugs. Thing went better than expected and took me only 4h40 mins. i decided to rename it "smoocha". This name should says it all. Also, there wont be anymore faux sounds / not faux sounds version. All the version will be with faux sounds, which works now. Enjoy it, and welcome to a new world of smoothness.
    chad is awesome.... :)
    Version ending with fs have faux sound instead of franciscofranco sounds interface