[Q] Gear 2 Neo - Problems / Issues

Search This thread

Wilsonb

Nov 23, 2010
Austin
Currently R381XXU0BND8 that I received OTA seems to be the latest.

I have S-Voice problems /not working with it. It used to work, but now when I select S-Voice app on watch, it just says Connecting... with spin wheel.. then times out w/ "Connection failed"

fogame

I have S-Voice problems /not working with it. It used to work, but now when I select S-Voice app on watch, it just says Connecting... with spin wheel.. then times out w/ "Connection failed"

I had the same issue. To fix this you need to factory reset your watch and set it up again. After that it will work perfectly. Hope this helps.

Tamadude4

Sep 15, 2015
Same issue

I have been having this same issue. I tried factory reseting the watch without improvement. I also tried clearing the data of my phones s voice app without any luck. Any ideas?

jarekhalat

Sep 16, 2015
same issue started recently on my gear 2 neo, s voice doesn't work on the watch, just connection failed after a few seconds. reset the watch, didn't restore data, and wipe data and cache on both the Samsung gear app and the s voice app. still no success.

Reactions: Tamadude4

dsireme

May 21, 2008
South Milwaukee
Anyone found any solution for this? I just got m Gear 2 Neo last week and I haven't been able to get it to work. Someone said to do this but I can't find it anywhere:

Browse your purchased apps in the Galaxy Apps app. See if there's something called S Voice Provider. It is listed under "All", under "Purchased". Go ahead and install it. Got done reason it will disappear from this list afterwards, I couldn't find it again to confirm the exact name, but s voice now works like a charm from the Gear 2.

I don't see anything even close to that in my galaxy apps. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Gear Manager and still nothing.

Update:
Looked in my apps and the saproviders is installed and started. Still getting connecting and then connection failed.

Last edited:

wex005

Oct 18, 2010

I am seeing the same issue. Except my Gear 2 Neo is on a latter version R381XXU0BOA2.

This seems to be an issue with Lollipop 5.1.1 on the Note 4 and Gear Manager 2.2.15092142. I paired my Gear 2 Neo with my Note 10.1 (2014) running 4.4.2 and S Voice worked as expected. I have seen in other forums that S Voice works on an S6 running Lollipop 5.0.

Which version of Gear manager are you running? Which version of Android is on your Note 4?

Any others having the same issue running Lollipop 5.1.1?

wex005

Oct 18, 2010
I am seeing the same issue. Except my Gear 2 Neo is on a latter version R381XXU0BOA2.

This seems to be an issue with Lollipop 5.1.1 on the Note 4 and Gear Manager 2.2.15092142. I paired my Gear 2 Neo with my Note 10.1 (2014) running 4.4.2 and S Voice worked as expected. I have seen in other forums that S Voice works on an S6 running Lollipop 5.0.

Which version of Gear manager are you running? Which version of Android is on your Note 4?

[[SOVLED]]

I was comparing installed apks between my Note 4 and my Note 10.1 (2014) in Application Manager (on Note 10.1Settings -> General -> Application manager -> All) and (on Note 4 10.1Settings -> Applications -> Application manager -> All).

Missing on my Note 4 was svoiceprovider. I backed up the Note 10.1svoiceprovider app using ES File Explorer. Sent the file to my Note 4, installed the app on my Note 4.

If anyone needs the svoiceprovider.apk let me know.

dsireme

May 21, 2008
South Milwaukee

I have 5.1.1 and the Gear Manager is 2.2.15111841_2.2.02.15071741. I was able to hook it up to my Note Pro 12.2 and S Voice worked fine. Everyone keeps talking about not having the saproviders on their phone but I have always had it, so that isn't my problem. I did have it originally connect to a Fit Gear, so maybe that is screwing it up.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

[[SOVLED]]

I was comparing installed apks between my Note 4 and my Note 10.1 (2014) in Application Manager (on Note 10.1Settings -> General -> Application manager -> All) and (on Note 4 10.1Settings -> Applications -> Application manager -> All).

Missing on my Note 4 was svoiceprovider. I backed up the Note 10.1svoiceprovider app using ES File Explorer. Sent the file to my Note 4, installed the app on my Note 4.

If anyone needs the svoiceprovider.apk let me know.
Maybe I will take what I have off my Note Pro 12.2 and see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I could kiss you. I compared my tablet with my phone and I was missing savoiceprovider. I know I had it before but when I deleted everything earlier it didn't reinstall. I installed it and it works now. I am thrilled! My other version must have been corrupted or old.

Thanks you!

Jprockey

Nov 29, 2015
Is the svoiceprovider different from the saprovider? If so can I get the svoiceprovider apk from ya?

dbaile0132

Oct 26, 2013
svoiceprovider apk

Is the svoiceprovider different from the saprovider? If so can I get the svoiceprovider apk from ya?

https: // onedrive. live. com/redir?resid=95B383297E4BCD57!3892&authkey=!AF1-FnVyeAxMkiI&ithint=file%2capk[/url]

you have to get rid of the spaces at the beginning of the link

samthegam

Mar 4, 2011
I have an XSP Note 5 SM-N920i using with T-Mobile USA updated to 6.0.1 and after the update every time I power off or reset i get a popup that says need to download svoiceprovider you will be taken to download screen.....then i get app not available for your device with com.samsung.svoiceprovider:2290:4002

I have a Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch paired to the phone. SVoice works on the phone not on the watch. Every time I double press home button on watch I get the message "Accept the S Voice Samsung Disclaimer on your mobile device." Then on my Note 5 I get this: "This app is not available for your device.(com.vlingo.midas:2290:4002)" I do have svoiceprovider installed and the version is 1.0.3 Anyone else experiencing this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same issue started recently on my gear 2 neo, s voice doesn't work on the watch, just connection failed after a few seconds. reset the watch, didn't restore data, and wipe data and cache on both the Samsung gear app and the s voice app. still no success.