Come Chat With Us In Our IRC Channel! We're Here To Help

Official Home of Team Whiskey
Team Whiskey Forums
Team Whiskey Website
Join Team Whiskeys Facebook Group​

Join Team Whiskey!​
Check out the qualifications and apply within

Introduction:
Bionix-v 1.3.1 is fast and incredibly smooth. By far the fastest and most stable Bionix-v build. I really tweaked the hell out of this one. I spent a lot of time finding the sweet spot. There's not much else to say, just enjoy and please leave your feedback and bug reports. This will probably be the last major update to this build as we are moving on to other builds. However, we will still provide support and necessary updates if there are bugs reported. Cheers!

Coming Soon:
We're in the process of making a lot of themes for Bionix-v and Frost. Coming soon! Annnndddd.....android 2.3 in the works.

Code:
[B]Bionix-v 1.3.1:[/B]
- Removed overstocked kernel - replaced with KB1 + voodoo (voodoo enabled by default)
- Kept voodoo sound & bln apps should you decide to use a kernel compatible with these features - please see below for a full list/links of compatible kernels (if not, you can simply uninstall the apps)
- Replaced KA5 modem with KB1
- Exchanged drm bin files and apk
- Exchanged RIL lib files (hopefully RIL will not reset anymore which was causing the single data drop)
- Fixed the pattern lock key mapping issue
- Adjusted notifications text color
- Fixed hard to see check boxes while in browser
- Added no-scroll power menu (no header or title, looks cleaner)
- Added GPS files from i9000 gingerbread leak (files posted by Jellette)
- Put genie weather widget back in per request by some (uninstall it if you dont want it)

[B]Bionix-v 1.3:[/B]
- Updated apn list
- Optimized apks and slimmed down rom
- Fixed browser bookmarks
- Added AM/PM toggle via settings>data and time (Thanks Jocelyn!)
- Set deadline scheduler
- 128 mb read ahead buffer
- Enabled low latency mode
- Decreased wake lag
- Rotational set to '0' - tells kernel is not a spinning disk
- Increased minfree memory
- New kernel added (credits go to cmenard for this one! [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=967861"]Overstock kernel thread found here[/URL])
- Voodoo enabled by default
- Voodoo sound
- Voodoo color
- CIFS
- BLN w/proper lib files
- Memory increased to 343mb
- FPS cap removed
- Voodoo sounds apk added
- Neldars BLN apk added for BLN control
- Framework modifications
- Rethemed lockscreens (thanks to obsessionXYZ for the use of some images)
- New radio sliders, check boxes, radios, colors, etc.
- Changed certain icons, menu, quick panel, power menu, etc
- Themed GB keyboard
- Themed Calendar
- Themed Dialer
- Updated rom manager
- Updated Gmail
- Updated Market
- Updated Titanium Backup
- New live wallpaper
- New wallpaper
- more I'm forgetting!

[B]Bionix-v 1.2.1:[/B]
- KB1 kernel + voodoo included (thanks supercurio!)
- Added additional lock screen (vista2k7 in the i9000 forums for ORIGINALLY doing this lockscreen mod and untermensh for the other lockscreens)
- Enhanced VM scheduler
- Enhanced Kernel scheduler
- Reduced wake lag
- Re-added black dialer
- changed back to full wiping rom for stability tests and comparison
- other minor visual changes
- Rom very snappy

[B]Bionix-v 1.2:[/B]
- KB1 system files
- KA7 kernel w/voodoo enabled by default (KB1 ramdisks for voodoo need to be rebuilt before we can implement)
- KA5 modem (optimal mix of both battery life and data though)
- Init script adjusted - mixed settings/values from nero 3, nero 5, bionix-v for optimal UI speed and performance
- Increased size of battery percentage readout
- Crossed compiled code from KA5-KB1 for speed and stability
- New custom bootanimation
- FFC support (must have front facing camera and i9000 camera.apk to utilize. i9000 camera.apk can be found on our forums)
- All pre-installed market apps updated
- Added support for non-wiping option (downloaded apps will remain intact after flash)

[B]Bionix-v 1.1:[/B]
- Build used for focused test group only
- Tests to implement cross compiled code from different builds for optimal performance
- Tests to implement and determine stability of a non-wiping rom  

[B]Bionix-v:[/B]
- Complete KA7 build (official OTA 2.2) kernel, modem, system files, apps, etc.
- Accurate battery mod
- 4 lock screens to choose from - android stock, epic, fascinate, vibrant
- Additional power menu options - reboot, reboot into recovery, reboot into download mode
- Nexus S gingerbread themed (as close as it gets to the real deal)
- Custom init scripts written by team whiskey for additional speed, stability, battery life, etc.
- Custom boot animation
- Voodoo enabled by default (if you are already using voodoo, you [U]DO NOT[/U] need to disable it before flashing)
- Frameworks changes to polish the overall look for a better experience
- New wallpaper
- All user apps updated
- Additional GPS modifications for a better GPS experience

Screenshots:
screenshot 1
screenshot 2
screenshot 3
screenshot 4
screenshot 5
screenshot 6
screenshot 7
screenshot 8
screenshot 9

Download:
Bionix-v 1.3.1
Bionix-v 1.3.1 w/touchwiz launcher

Like the rom? Please hit the thanks button or consider donating

Please be sure to visit Team Whiskey Forums for TONS of additional download such as kernels, themes, roms, apps, etc.

Optional Kernels:
NOTE:
Team Whiskey is not liable and takes absolutely no responsibility for any damages. Overclocking your phone adds additional stress to your hardware, so please understand the risks involved before you decide to overclock. Not all devices overclock the same, so please test the different clock speeds and see which one works best for you. Many times, certain devices will not accept an overclock at all. If you fall into this category, you will have to flash back to a stock kernel.

(all of these kernels have been compiled from official Vibrant 2.2 source code. They are include voodoo sound, voodoo color, and bln support. Bionix-v 1.3.1 already included the necessary apps for these features. Test these optional kernels and see which one works best for you!)
OverStock v1.3 by cmenard
DoW14 v1.1.1 by Morfic
Dragon v5.0 TEST1 by Ttabbal
Categorically Worthless by s0niqu3

Optional Modems:
(a modem that works for others may not work great for you, so test them all out and find out which one works best for you)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=868774

Addons:
Samsung Apps
- ThinkDroid
- Feeds and Updates
- Days
- Program monitor
- WiFi-Calling
AOSP Mms

Bionix-v Reviews:
Video review by mobile tech videos (check out mobiletechvideos.com for other great rom reviews)
Video review by alexnguyen018

Credits:
- My whole team of course
- Morfic
- Ttabbal
- Krylon360
- cmenard
- Supercurio for his amazing work with voodoo
- Jocelyn
- Untermensch

Last edited:

noobninja

Dec 20, 2010
Well GOOD MORNING!!!!! Excited to see what this brings....thanks for all the hard work TW!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

creator2456

Jul 12, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 8T
First and thanks again
Thanks :) flashing it now. Been running bionix 0.8 for the longest time before this.
Well GOOD MORNING!!!!! Excited to see what this brings....thanks for all the hard work TW!!!!

None of this PLEASE.

Use the THANKS button and keep this thread clean and manageable.

Just to confirm - if flashing from Nero v4/5 with Voodoo already enabled, I do NOT need to disable Voodoo to flash this, correct?

Thanks again for the awesome ROMs!

I would have to say that it would be just fine, but a few minutes to disable isn't that much of a pain to be on the safe side.

Here is the answer straight from the man himself:
Correct, you do not need to disable it.

Doing my backups as I type and will edit this with initial thoughts. Going to keep editing this as I go through the setup process:

• boot animimation = A1+!
• wallpaper is cool, but meh for fitting the rest of the theme
• getting solid signal (E) when I was spotty at best, even on Nero 5
• thumbs up on the new dialer, love the blackness!
• browser still has 4 window limit
• TWiz Messaging = bleh, waiting for media scanning to complete to test MMS *does not seem to be working off the bat, will try usual fixes **receiving fine, sending not so much
• using Maps 1st GPS lock took ~20 seconds, afterwards ~5-10 seconds - will update on # of Sat. once I restore apps
•• 10m accuracy
• Camera banding appears to be MINIMAL w/FFC Mod - using included Camera app so no FFC support

To Som/TW:.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to future projects.

***on a complete side-note, what happens when the Thanks Meter fills up? Som is getting close!***

Last edited:

Fluesopp

Sep 1, 2008
Can't wait to try it out.
I'm coming over from Axura; not going to disable voodoo, so I hope things will go alright.
Anyway, I'll give feedback on how things went. Titanium is backing up my apps as we speak, so anytime soon.

edit: on second thought, I disabled voodoo.

Last edited:

timon184

Oct 26, 2010
I will like to install this rom but there are two of them one says bionix v voodoo and the other says bionix v tw voodoo. What is the difference ? thankx

Martezgarki

Aug 25, 2010
The one with tw means it's using Samsung TouchWiz launcher instead of the Gingerbread launcher.

Anyway it seems like too many people are downloading... my download got stuck

neil_clavano

Jun 8, 2010
Pure awesomeness!!!!!

Downloading and flashing shortly....

Gotta be the best Sunday morning present ever!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

mobileoneexpress

Dec 24, 2008
Logo.jpg

Team Whiskey Forums
Team Whiskey Website

Introduction:
Now that the 'official' 2.2 has dropped, Team Whiskey wanted to bring the Bionix name back. As most of you know, the Bionix series was known for its stability and speed. Nero was just a test run until we were confident everything was stable. Bionix-v has all the same features that was in the Nero series, but we've beefed it up with a bit more speed and of course stability.

Coming Soon:
Team Whiskey is in the process of doing a complete revamp and restructuring. Over the course of the next 2 weeks, we're going to begin making very high quality themes for our roms. I guarantee you, nothing will compare to them! In addition, we are in the process of expanding our team in order to being porting more roms to the Vibrant community, as well as further development on other phones. Also, as soon as we get our hands on the source code, we'll begin a full AOSP build compiled from source. At that time, we'll finally be able to compile a true vibrant 2.2 overclocked kernel which will provide much better battery life to the current ones based off i9000 source.

Important Notes:
1. After flashing, make certain you allow your phone to sit for a few minutes so your phone can completely boot and your dalvik-cache and rebuild. After sitting for a few, we suggest rebooting once to smooth everything out.
2. If you're having any kind of issue, please try rebooting once before reporting it as a bug. If your problem still persists, try reflashing. If you still experience the issue, then please report it. Trouble shooting in this order will help prevent unnecessary thread clutter.
3. If flashing the rom on anything other than a 100% fully charged battery, your battery stats WILL be wrong. In order to obtain optimal battery life after flashing, you need to recondition your battery and run your device through 3-4 battery cycles. Please do not report battery issues after running the rom for only 2 hours, etc. Minimal testing times are 24 hours, but we suggest 3-4 full battery cycles, which is roughly a 48-72 hour testing period.
4. If you are already currently using voodoo either with one of our roms or another rom, you DO NOT have to disable it before flashing. Just flash right on top!

Bionix-v:
- Accurate battery mod
- Additional power menu options - reboot, reboot into recovery, reboot into download mode
- Custom init scripts written by team whiskey for additional speed, stability, battery life, etc.
- Custom boot animation
- Voodoo enabled by default (if you are already using voodoo, you DO NOT need to disable it before flashing)
- New wallpaper
- All user apps updated

Download:
Bionix-v

Please be sure to visit Team Whiskey Forums for TONS of additional download such as kernels, themes, roms, apps, etc.

So going from Nero v5 to Bionix won't be a problem... correct?

Also what would you say Bionix has that Nero doesn't?

Last but not least... will it wipe if installed over Nero v5?

Thanks

Last edited:

creator2456

Jul 12, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 8T
So going from Nero v5 to Bionix won't be a problem... correct?

Also what would you say Bionix has that Nero doesn't?

Last but not least... will it wipe if installed over Nero v5?

Thanks

Correct, no problems coming straight from Nero 5.
It's all in the post...read it slowly this time.
YES...ALL TW ROMs wipe!

Curious does this rom support ffc, doesn't see it listed?

ALL of TW ROMs support FFC, they just do not have the appropriate Camera.apk and associated files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.png

Team Whiskey Forums
    Team Whiskey Website
    Join Team Whiskeys Facebook Group​

Join Team Whiskey!​
    Check out the qualifications and apply within

Introduction:
    Bionix-v 1.3.1 is fast and incredibly smooth. By far the fastest and most stable Bionix-v build. I really tweaked the hell out of this one. I spent a lot of time finding the sweet spot. There's not much else to say, just enjoy and please leave your feedback and bug reports. This will probably be the last major update to this build as we are moving on to other builds. However, we will still provide support and necessary updates if there are bugs reported. Cheers!

Coming Soon:
    We're in the process of making a lot of themes for Bionix-v and Frost. Coming soon! Annnndddd.....android 2.3 in the works.

Code:
    [B]Bionix-v 1.3.1:[/B]
    - Removed overstocked kernel - replaced with KB1 + voodoo (voodoo enabled by default)
    - Kept voodoo sound & bln apps should you decide to use a kernel compatible with these features - please see below for a full list/links of compatible kernels (if not, you can simply uninstall the apps)
    - Replaced KA5 modem with KB1
    - Exchanged drm bin files and apk
    - Exchanged RIL lib files (hopefully RIL will not reset anymore which was causing the single data drop)
    - Fixed the pattern lock key mapping issue
    - Adjusted notifications text color
    - Fixed hard to see check boxes while in browser
    - Added no-scroll power menu (no header or title, looks cleaner)
    - Added GPS files from i9000 gingerbread leak (files posted by Jellette)
    - Put genie weather widget back in per request by some (uninstall it if you dont want it)

[B]Bionix-v 1.3:[/B]
    - Updated apn list
    - Optimized apks and slimmed down rom
    - Fixed browser bookmarks
    - Added AM/PM toggle via settings>data and time (Thanks Jocelyn!)
    - Set deadline scheduler
    - 128 mb read ahead buffer
    - Enabled low latency mode
    - Decreased wake lag
    - Rotational set to '0' - tells kernel is not a spinning disk
    - Increased minfree memory
    - New kernel added (credits go to cmenard for this one! [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=967861"]Overstock kernel thread found here[/URL])
    - Voodoo enabled by default
    - Voodoo sound
    - Voodoo color
    - CIFS
    - BLN w/proper lib files
    - Memory increased to 343mb
    - FPS cap removed
    - Voodoo sounds apk added
    - Neldars BLN apk added for BLN control
    - Framework modifications
    - Rethemed lockscreens (thanks to obsessionXYZ for the use of some images)
    - New radio sliders, check boxes, radios, colors, etc.
    - Changed certain icons, menu, quick panel, power menu, etc
    - Themed GB keyboard
    - Themed Calendar
    - Themed Dialer
    - Updated rom manager
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated Market
    - Updated Titanium Backup
    - New live wallpaper
    - New wallpaper
    - more I'm forgetting!

[B]Bionix-v 1.2.1:[/B]
    - KB1 kernel + voodoo included (thanks supercurio!)
    - Added additional lock screen (vista2k7 in the i9000 forums for ORIGINALLY doing this lockscreen mod and untermensh for the other lockscreens)
    - Enhanced VM scheduler
    - Enhanced Kernel scheduler
    - Reduced wake lag
    - Re-added black dialer
    - changed back to full wiping rom for stability tests and comparison
    - other minor visual changes
    - Rom very snappy

[B]Bionix-v 1.2:[/B]
    - KB1 system files
    - KA7 kernel w/voodoo enabled by default (KB1 ramdisks for voodoo need to be rebuilt before we can implement)
    - KA5 modem (optimal mix of both battery life and data though)
    - Init script adjusted - mixed settings/values from nero 3, nero 5, bionix-v for optimal UI speed and performance
    - Increased size of battery percentage readout
    - Crossed compiled code from KA5-KB1 for speed and stability
    - New custom bootanimation
    - FFC support (must have front facing camera and i9000 camera.apk to utilize. i9000 camera.apk can be found on our forums)
    - All pre-installed market apps updated
    - Added support for non-wiping option (downloaded apps will remain intact after flash)

[B]Bionix-v 1.1:[/B]
    - Build used for focused test group only
    - Tests to implement cross compiled code from different builds for optimal performance
    - Tests to implement and determine stability of a non-wiping rom  

[B]Bionix-v:[/B]
    - Accurate battery mod
    - Custom boot animation
    - Voodoo enabled by default (if you are already using voodoo, you [U]DO NOT[/U] need to disable it before flashing)
    - New wallpaper
    - All user apps updated

Screenshots:
    screenshot 1
    screenshot 2
    screenshot 3
    screenshot 4
    screenshot 5
    screenshot 6
    screenshot 7
    screenshot 8
    screenshot 9

Download:
    Bionix-v 1.3.1
    Bionix-v 1.3.1 w/touchwiz launcher

Like the rom? Please hit the thanks button or consider donating

Optional Kernels:
    NOTE:
    Team Whiskey is not liable and takes absolutely no responsibility for any damages. Overclocking your phone adds additional stress to your hardware, so please understand the risks involved before you decide to overclock. Not all devices overclock the same, so please test the different clock speeds and see which one works best for you. Many times, certain devices will not accept an overclock at all. If you fall into this category, you will have to flash back to a stock kernel.

(all of these kernels have been compiled from official Vibrant 2.2 source code. They are include voodoo sound, voodoo color, and bln support. Bionix-v 1.3.1 already included the necessary apps for these features. Test these optional kernels and see which one works best for you!)
    OverStock v1.3 by cmenard
    DoW14 v1.1.1 by Morfic
    Dragon v5.0 TEST1 by Ttabbal
    Categorically Worthless by s0niqu3

Optional Modems:
    (a modem that works for others may not work great for you, so test them all out and find out which one works best for you)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=868774

Addons:
    Samsung Apps
    - ThinkDroid
    - Feeds and Updates
    - Days
    - Program monitor
    - WiFi-Calling
    AOSP Mms

Bionix-v Reviews:
    Video review by mobile tech videos (check out mobiletechvideos.com for other great rom reviews)
    Video review by alexnguyen018

Credits:
    - My whole team of course
    - Morfic
    - Ttabbal
    - Krylon360
    - cmenard
    - Supercurio for his amazing work with voodoo
    - Jocelyn
    - Untermensch
    Just to confirm - if flashing from Nero v4/5 with Voodoo already enabled, I do NOT need to disable Voodoo to flash this, correct?

Thanks again for the awesome ROMs!

Correct, you do not need to disable it.
    Enjoy everyone! And yes, this is a still a 2.2 based rom. Until we have a fully stable 2.2.1 and 2.3, this is the next best thing. I dont know about you, but I personally like my phone running fast and stable instead of just having the latest and greatest fancy number on my phone. ;)
    Oh well back to axura

You allowed a grand total of 10 minutes between your 2 posts and are quitting it? Every single ROM TW puts out, they expressly say to LET IT SIT FOR 10 MINUTES and allow things to settle in, THEN REBOOT. You flashed, immediately tried to throw an OC kernal on it, gave up to flash Axura and posted twice in the span of 10 minutes.

Sweet Jesus, does anybody read or have 5 f'ing seconds of PATIENCE?
    Thanks guys. And as a side note, I am currently working on another bionix update and helping krylon with frost. We'll have some fun things out shortly.