[GUIDE] Unrooting the rezound

Search This thread

bradxnght

Feb 25, 2011
New York
warning - if you are s off do not use this guide to return to stock till its updated. You will brick your device

Unrooting The HTC Rezound

1. Assuming your bootloader is unlocked since you are rooted.

Fastboot Tool Download (Credit to slacker101 for the tool):
http://db.tt/nDADCLgY

The easiest way I've found to re-lock your rezound is to download the attached "tools.zip" and extract to your desktop.

Boot your rezound into fastboot by removing your battery, putting the battery back in, holding down on the volume rocker and power. Then plug your rezound into your computer. Assuming you used your computer to unlock the rezound then you should already have the required drivers.

Open command prompt and enter the following:

cd C:\Users\[Your Name Here]\desktop\tools

Then run the command

fastboot oem lock

Your bootloader is now locked and ready to begin restoring stock recovery and rom from Stock RUU.

2. Downloading the stock RUU

*Will Update As New RUU's Are Released*

2.02.605.11 STOCK RUU EXE
download
1.02.605.6 STOCK RUU EXE
download

(will add PH98IMG.zip download for 2nd method soon)

You can do this one of two ways. You can use the exe ruu which i like to use, its simple straight forward and guides you through the process

-or-

Extract the RUU zip from the exe or download from XDA its all over.
Rename the zip PH98IMG.ZIP put on root of SD card and boot into HBOOT hit
yes with appropriate volume key and let it do its thing.

I personaly perfer running the exe. Makes life easy. But whatever floats your boat.

SIDE NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO ROOT AGAIN
the one click root tool might not work properly and will not have proper permision to install SU, If this happens flash amon through fastboot. And under development section install su / superuser, you are now rooted again :D

Credit for user cotribution:
DrSadistic ( Fastboot section )

***this was a quick write up so if you think anything should be added or removed, or there is some wrong information let me know so i can fix it***

Last edited:

TeamSPD

Mar 22, 2011
Awesome. Thanks for the guide. Makes life easier with these straight forward steps.

DrSadistic

Jan 15, 2011
Cuthbert
www.itsyourandroid.com
Just wanted to add a little something, if you dont mind...

The easiest way I've found to re-lock your rezound is to download the attached "tools.zip" and extract to your desktop.

Boot your rezound into fastboot by removing your battery, putting the battery back in, holding down on the volume rocker and power. Then plug your rezound into your computer. Assuming you used your computer to unlock the rezound then you should already have the required drivers.

Then run the fastboot oem lock command.

Credit goes to slacker101 and THIS post for the tools zip.

Attachments

• tools.zip
    212.2 KB · Views: 332

bradxnght

Feb 25, 2011
New York

thanks for the addition i used what you said pretty much word for word, gave slacker101 and you credit for the contribution let me know how everything looks :)

MajikUF

Oct 19, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I wasn't expecting the lock process to be a big deal, but unfortunately it looks a little strange

C:\Android>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 134086000 (0x7FDFD70)
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.937s

I assume this is wrong with the failed? I was also not expecting fastboot to say "RELOCKED". Can we get it to say "LOCKED"?

Last edited:

bradxnght

Feb 25, 2011
New York
i have never seen that before im pretty sure this has nothing to do with it but if u used the attached tool did u run as admin?

bradxnght

Feb 25, 2011
New York
yeah sucks but thats what we have to deal with, but i hear in most cases they dont check the boot loader, dont quote me on that, just hear say.

MajikUF

Oct 19, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
yeah sucks but thats what we have to deal with, but i hear in most cases they dont check the boot loader, dont quote me on that, just hear say.

Hope you are right, I just put the latest RUU on to mess with for a few days before I return it due to screen issues and ear piece problems. I love it other than that and can't wait to get another one. Ginger is a whole lot nicer without all this vzw bloat!

bradxnght

Feb 25, 2011
New York
Hope you are right, I just put the latest RUU on to mess with for a few days before I return it due to screen issues and ear piece problems. I love it other than that and can't wait to get another one. Ginger is a whole lot nicer without all this vzw bloat!

its a great phone i got rid of my evo 3d for it like it 1000x more i was pretty hesitant to flash a different rom, cause its still pretty new. but Cleanrom is pretty much stock as it gets with tweaks and de bloated im running that and loving it, since its a screen issue i highly doubt they will look at your bootloader. im prayin for ya lol

b5fan

Jul 22, 2008
The noise in the ear buds are pretty much gone if you install the radio update. Not sure what screen issues you are having, but the noise issue is no longer an issue. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warning - if you are s off do not use this guide to return to stock till its updated. You will brick your device

Unrooting The HTC Rezound

1. Assuming your bootloader is unlocked since you are rooted.

Fastboot Tool Download (Credit to slacker101 for the tool):
    http://db.tt/nDADCLgY

Then run the command

fastboot oem lock

Your bootloader is now locked and ready to begin restoring stock recovery and rom from Stock RUU.

2. Downloading the stock RUU

*Will Update As New RUU's Are Released*

2.02.605.11 STOCK RUU EXE
    download
    1.02.605.6 STOCK RUU EXE
    download

(will add PH98IMG.zip download for 2nd method soon)

You can do this one of two ways. You can use the exe ruu which i like to use, its simple straight forward and guides you through the process

-or-

Extract the RUU zip from the exe or download from XDA its all over.
    Rename the zip PH98IMG.ZIP put on root of SD card and boot into HBOOT hit
    yes with appropriate volume key and let it do its thing.

I personaly perfer running the exe. Makes life easy. But whatever floats your boat.

SIDE NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO ROOT AGAIN
    the one click root tool might not work properly and will not have proper permision to install SU, If this happens flash amon through fastboot. And under development section install su / superuser, you are now rooted again :D

Credit for user cotribution:
    DrSadistic ( Fastboot section )

***this was a quick write up so if you think anything should be added or removed, or there is some wrong information let me know so i can fix it***

Is the RUU your uploading older or the same version as the OTA.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

ill be using the last RUU and will update with new RUU when i get my hands on it :)

Awesome. Thanks for the guide. Makes life easier with these straight forward steps.

no problem :D
    1.02.605.11 STOCK RUU EXE is a typo its 2.02.605.11 thats the newest one just put one on accident

fixed the op, thanks for catching that
    Sorry to be the noob about this... but if I wanted to un-perma-root so that I could get the OTA, I would just simply:

1) relock
    2) run the 1.605.2 exe file
    3) Get the update from Verizon (OTA obviously)

Would this be right?

Also, does the phone need to be in fastboot when I run the exe?

Edit: I forgot... Will the OTA still update the firmware (radio, etc) after I run the exe?

yes 1) relock 2) boot normaly onto your phone and run the 1.605.6 exe and follow the instructions it gives u 3) install the ota
    you dont need to be in fastboot to run exe. just run it with your phone plugged i nand booted up normal and it will tell you what to do step by step.