Can someone explain how to CWM+Cyanogen on a Bell S3

Search This thread

PermaFried

Apr 1, 2009
Canada
I've looked everywhere for this and can't find a good explanation, I've found the guides for ATT and such but nothing directly for bell. I can even paypal $5 to the person who provides me with the correct answer.

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
I've looked everywhere for this and can't find a good explanation, I've found the guides for ATT and such but nothing directly for bell. I can even paypal $5 to the person who provides me with the correct answer.

Identical. The Canadian versions are the same as the d2att.
Our Canadian models are classed as d2can but are identical.
So any guide you see or read for AT&T you can follow for yours.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
You'll use the same procedures to root and install recovery except you'll use a Bell image. Be sure you're flashing the Bell root files if that's the carrier you use

PermaFried

Apr 1, 2009
Canada
So you are just looking to install CM10.1 with CWM?
I would recommend going to twrp recovery it's a little more stable IMO.

Are you having problems flashing it or just need a step by step?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Sorry for the late response, death of a friend. I am looking for a step by step. I've tried and keep getting lost.

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
The flashing procedure for Bell is the same with Telus and Rogers and AT&T etc.

I prefer flashing with TWRP but I'll walk you through CWM.
Make sure your version of CWM is up to date (through ROM Manager) selecting d2att instead of d2can saves a lot of heartache in the future.

You can download the latest CM10.1 nightly here
If you want the most recent monthly (supposedly more stable but with less features than the latest nightly) you will get this.

Once you download this you'll need the gapps package here
Gapps are the Google apps your phone uses and are necessary.

Place those two files on the external sd Card (if applicable) If you don't have an external card you'll just need to be careful not to format your internal SD. I like to create a folder called ROMS and keep sub folders for each rom and include the Gapps file in each for easy organizing.

Once this is done, reboot into recovery. Press and hold Vol+, Home and Power until you feel a vibration, release the power and it will boot into recovery.

Clockwork Mod is a fairly basic recovery. Navigate with your Vol+ and Vol- buttons, making your selection with the home button or power.
Very first thing you do is do a backup! If you mess something up you'll be able to restore through recovery to your current status and try again.
(Under backup and restore)

Next you are going to select "Wipe data/factory reset" than select "yes"
Than you are going to select "Wipe cache partition" than select "yes"
After that you will go into "Advanced" than select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and select "yes"
When that's finished you will go back and select "Mounts and storage" select "format system" than select "yes"
Select "go back"
Choose "install zip from sdcard" than select either "install zip from sdcard" or ext sdcard" depending on where you put it.
Scroll down to the folder, select the folder, select the CM10.1 zip first, select yes and let it work.
Once that's done you'll do the same thing for the gapps package.

After that's finished I like to wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache again (in advanced)

Reboot and voila! CM10.1 :good:
Takes a hell of a lot longer to type than to do...

I did find one YouTube video you can use as a guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: PermaFried

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The flashing procedure for Bell is the same with Telus and Rogers and AT&T etc.

I prefer flashing with TWRP but I'll walk you through CWM.
    Make sure your version of CWM is up to date (through ROM Manager) selecting d2att instead of d2can saves a lot of heartache in the future.

You can download the latest CM10.1 nightly here
    If you want the most recent monthly (supposedly more stable but with less features than the latest nightly) you will get this.

Once you download this you'll need the gapps package here
    Gapps are the Google apps your phone uses and are necessary.

Place those two files on the external sd Card (if applicable) If you don't have an external card you'll just need to be careful not to format your internal SD. I like to create a folder called ROMS and keep sub folders for each rom and include the Gapps file in each for easy organizing.

Once this is done, reboot into recovery. Press and hold Vol+, Home and Power until you feel a vibration, release the power and it will boot into recovery.

Clockwork Mod is a fairly basic recovery. Navigate with your Vol+ and Vol- buttons, making your selection with the home button or power.
    Very first thing you do is do a backup! If you mess something up you'll be able to restore through recovery to your current status and try again.
    (Under backup and restore)

Next you are going to select "Wipe data/factory reset" than select "yes"
    Than you are going to select "Wipe cache partition" than select "yes"
    After that you will go into "Advanced" than select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and select "yes"
    When that's finished you will go back and select "Mounts and storage" select "format system" than select "yes"
    Select "go back"
    Choose "install zip from sdcard" than select either "install zip from sdcard" or ext sdcard" depending on where you put it.
    Scroll down to the folder, select the folder, select the CM10.1 zip first, select yes and let it work.
    Once that's done you'll do the same thing for the gapps package.

After that's finished I like to wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache again (in advanced)

Reboot and voila! CM10.1 :good:
    Takes a hell of a lot longer to type than to do...

I did find one YouTube video you can use as a guide.