[Guide]"Internal memory repartition" free error. CM, based CM and based Stock

Search This thread

busote

Jul 22, 2013

Hi guys,

In the thread 4.4.2 TeamCanjica CyanogenMod11 from the forum HTCmania, I have developed an "internal memory repartition", because the thread in XDA doesn't explain it correctly and even caused several semi-bricks in my tests.
In my tutorial, the XX.txt files name indicates the value (in MB) of the USB memory that will remain.
The lower the XX.txt name number is, the higher the internal memory value will be for installing apps.
For example, using the 40.txt file, the internal memory will be 2.89GB, a good capacity if we want to use ART as runtime.

The tutorial is very easy. You will find it inside the file adb.zip. Follow every step and you won't have any brick.
The repartition method works in GT-I8160 and GT-I8160P models.
There are two other files that explain how to restore those values to factory settings, just in case that something went wrong. One restoration file is for the normal model and the other for the P model, so you only have to use one, depending on which model you have.

Rom cm, based on cm and based in rom stock

Credits:
- Busote: development
- FullDroid: Testing and bugs reports
- Makreitor: Translation

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p8huazs54fahpu/Adb.zip

Last edited:

FullDroid

Jan 27, 2014
Catalonian Pyrenees
This method works really fine! Look at the picture:
enuze9yz.jpg

Internal storage: 2,93gb!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Reactions: el_polilla1990

pijen

Jun 5, 2012
The tutorial is very easy. You will find it inside the file adb.zip. Follow every step and you won't have any brick.
There are two other files that explain how to restore those values to factory settings, just in case that something went wrong. One restoration file is for the normal model and the other for the P model, so you only have to use one, depending on which model you have.

in the adb.zip you linked only contain adb file and samsung drivers ;)

Reactions: el_polilla1990

Serkenar

Dec 9, 2011
Kyiv
Thank you for sharing this!
Before I try it, let me ask you one thing. It says the phone has to "have the swap memories activated" in the instructions. Is it really necessary? If yes, why? Thanks :)

FullDroid

Jan 27, 2014
Catalonian Pyrenees
Before I try it, let me ask you one thing. It says the phone has to "have the swap memories activated" in the instructions. Is it really necessary? If yes, why? Thanks :)

Is not necessary but yes recommended.
When you not have's sd card or not swap memories, you can repartition 500mb or 750mb.
In phone, we have 2 internal storage, 1 going the app installed, and the other what you can look at pc (1,1gb), in this other when you tried only 172kb, your phone writing files automatically, when haven't free space have a error (is not big error, you make a swap and is resolved) .
Then, when you have the sd card in internal storage, you have a more space.. Without problems...

Have you me understand? I have so bad English...

Last edited:

Serkenar

Dec 9, 2011
Kyiv
Is not necessary but yes recommended.
When you not have's sd card or not swap memories, you can repartition 500mb or 750mb.
In phone, we have 2 internal storage, 1 going the app installed, and the other what you can look at pc (1,1gb), in this other when you tried only 172kb, your phone writing files automatically, when haven't free space have a error (is not big error, you make a swap and is resolved) .
Then, when you have the sd card in internal storage, you have a more space.. Without problems...

Have you me understand? I have so bad English...

I understand you perfectly well, thank you! To put it simple, the apps partition is being increased during repartition in the expense of /storage/sdcard0 partition, so, to have a usable /storage/sdcard0, you have to swap it with the external sdcard.

I'll try this on my GF's phone as soon as I have the chance

busote

Jul 22, 2013

It is not necessary to have the exchange of memories, but if you leave 172 kb in the sd to be that you put in this space.
According to the space that after-tastes, for that it does not have sd external or it does not want to do the exchange of memories, I advise of 500 mb or 750 mb.
It depends on each one

Last edited:

Serkenar

Dec 9, 2011
Kyiv
It is not necessary to have the exchange of memories, but if you leave 172 kb in the sd to be that you put in this space.
According to the space that after-tastes, for that it does not have sd external or it does not want to do the exchange of memories, I advise of 500 mb or 750 mb.
It depends on each one

Thank you for your response!

I've looked the instructions through, and they seem to be clear, except for this part, which left me wondering for a while:
On the PC go to the "System Symbol"
As I take it, it means launching a command line (cmd).
And the ""System symbol" window" is actually the command line window.

Also, these commands:
can be replaced with just one:

Last edited:

busote

Jul 22, 2013
Thank you for your response!

I've looked the instructions through, and they seem to be clear, except for this part, which left me wondering for a while:

As I take it, it means launching a command line (cmd).
And the ""System symbol" window" is actually the command line window.

Also, these commands:

can be replaced with just one:

If it is CMD
If you come to the folder adb you can replace it, but this way it was less a mess

faisalemir

Jan 8, 2013
Bekasi
Nice tutorial and its working perfectly :D
more screenshot from me with MIUI v5 4.3.21

Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-25-28.png

Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-03-42.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-25-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-25-28.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 597
  • Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-03-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-01-19-03-42.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 566
Reactions: ealah

pedroleon99

Aug 16, 2013
Nice thread i tried it this morning but I have a problem:I cant install apps that are installed on SD by default (like Subway Surf Boss 3 etc.) because Google play say there is not enough space on my SD(i swapped memories so it is only 40 mb). How can i fix it? Sorry for my bad english

Inviato dal mio GT-I8160 utilizzando Tapatalk

FullDroid

Jan 27, 2014
Catalonian Pyrenees
gapps FC when i use ART with C-Rom
no problem with dalvik-vk

The repartition it's perfect for working with art

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Nice thread i tried it this morning but I have a problem:I cant install apps that are installed on SD by default (like Subway Surf Boss 3 etc.) because Google play say there is not enough space on my SD(i swapped memories so it is only 40 mb). How can i fix it? Sorry for my bad english

Is not enough space on you SD, you says externalSD? Of course... When you make a swap memories you had 40mb only... Can't this app installing in internal storage? (internal storage = SDcard)

pedroleon99

Aug 16, 2013
Some apps are installed on esternal storage by default so i cant install it on my real ext SD (=internal with swap)

FullDroid

Jan 27, 2014
Catalonian Pyrenees
Some apps are installed on esternal storage by default so i cant install it on my real ext SD (=internal with swap)

Hi!
I have other solution, I think is a better way than directory blind.

Go to settings / storage / unmount SD card (40mb), when play store no detect SD card, force the installation in internal memory (real SD card).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi guys,

In the thread 4.4.2 TeamCanjica CyanogenMod11 from the forum HTCmania, I have developed an "internal memory repartition", because the thread in XDA doesn't explain it correctly and even caused several semi-bricks in my tests.
    In my tutorial, the XX.txt files name indicates the value (in MB) of the USB memory that will remain.
    The lower the XX.txt name number is, the higher the internal memory value will be for installing apps.
    For example, using the 40.txt file, the internal memory will be 2.89GB, a good capacity if we want to use ART as runtime.

Rom cm, based on cm and based in rom stock

Credits:
    - Busote: development
    - FullDroid: Testing and bugs reports
    - Makreitor: Translation

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p8huazs54fahpu/Adb.zip
    The "old" and mine method works really fine too and I made it to let you take full control when repartitioning. I'm not saying that your work is useless, just a bit "close" for not-expert users that don't know what to do to personalize partitions' size, in this case just a simple mod in your files, good to see new things in STE phones' development. But I have a Windows program under development to allow full control and user-friendly repartition

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070

In our terminal it is not possible to do unless anybody modifies the file pit of the original rom.
    At the moment only it is possible to do since we it have, already I have tried to do other things and have finished with a brick
    in the adb.zip you linked only contain adb file and samsung drivers ;)

I have now download adb.zip and are all files... Try again...
    Thanks.

It depends on each one