[Q] Correct CF Root File N900W8 KK (Baseband.BUCNC1)

Search This thread

Prufta

Oct 11, 2011
CAROLINA
I'm having problem trying to make root on my Note III (N900w8).

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

I went up from 4.3 to 4.4.2 using the firmware PCT-N900W8UBUCNC1 that is for Puerto Rico. Phone is up and working great. Then I tried to use the chainfire auto-root file CF-Auto-Root-hltecan-hlteub-smn900w8 with Odin 3.09 as stated but what I get are bootloops.

Please if there are a different auto-root for this version of KK please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Best way to root a phone is to flash a compatible custom recovery with Odin and superSU.zip in recovery. That way you have total control over what is happening imo.

Reactions: Prufta

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010

Thanks in advance.

I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.

Reactions: Prufta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

Best way to root a phone is to flash a compatible custom recovery with Odin and superSU.zip in recovery. That way you have total control over what is happening imo.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that file hasn't been updated for KK. Use this file instead. I know it says that it's for N9005 but it works with various N3 variants, N900W8 included.