[MOD] Phone.apk without increasing ring - KL1

Search This thread

YG007

Jul 26, 2010
GTA
Hey guys, I'm back!!

Sorry it took me so long to return, I was busy enjoing the summer... and that comes with a price as well... juggling work and vacation. It's been crazy with me at work as well so that didn't really help...

Anyways, for those who don't know me, I did the non increasing ring mod for the Galaxy S i9000, and now I'm here to do the same for the SGS II. My previous work is found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759537

Info:
Get rid of the increasing ring when someone calls you. As long as I can remember, most samsung phones had this "feature" where when you receive a call, the ringtone will gradually fade in to the volume that you have set. This mod will get rid of that annoying fade-in and allow your ringtone to play at the volume that you set it to!

REMEMBER~! Your phone needs to be deodexed for this to work!!! Also, this mod is version specific! Only use the modified APK with the same deodexed ROM. You have been warned.

Instructions:
MAKE SURE your firmware is deodexed and you are using the right fix to the proper firmware!!
1. Put the phone into "Flight Mode" either by holding power while the device is on and selecting Flight Mode from the submenu, or by selecting Flight Mode from the Settings menu.
2. Use a terminal, or root explorer, or any app you want to copy Phone.apk to /system/app/. Make sure the file is Phone.apk instead of phone.apk. Some people copied it as phone.apk (lowercase P), so make sure its Phone.apk. --(If you still get a FC, don't worry, just proceed to step 3.)
3. Reboot the phone.

OR

if the file has CWM in it, just use CWM!

-YG007

Update:
Here is the latest mod for XWKK5, CWM!! :D

Update: 12.17.2011
Here is the latest mod for XXKL1, CWM!! :D

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

thibz

Jul 14, 2011
Hi, thanks for your work.

is it a multi-DPI version ? (principaly for the dialer during a call)

kobygold

Aug 13, 2011
Thanks man.

But what if I want to do the opposite:
I have a ROM in which the ring is not increasing, and I want it to be increasing?
When I'm at work I don't want the phone to make too much noise while ringing,
and I usualy answer pretty quickly, before the sound gets louder.
In case I don't hear it, it will become stronger in a few seconds...

Can I just copy a Phone.apk from a ROM that has't passed this modification?
Where can I find such a deodexed KH3 Phone.apk?
Does it have to be deodexed?

Thanks.

YG007

Jul 26, 2010
GTA
Thanks man.

But what if I want to do the opposite:
I have a ROM in which the ring is not increasing, and I want it to be increasing?
When I'm at work I don't want the phone to make too much noise while ringing,
and I usualy answer pretty quickly, before the sound gets louder.
In case I don't hear it, it will become stronger in a few seconds...

Can I just copy a Phone.apk from a ROM that has't passed this modification?
Where can I find such a deodexed KH3 Phone.apk?
Does it have to be deodexed?

Thanks.

Here you go. Stock deodexed KH3 Phone.apk. Enjoy!

kobygold

Aug 13, 2011
Here you go. Stock deodexed KH3 Phone.apk. Enjoy!

Thanks!
How do I know if I need an Odexed or Deodexed Phone.apk ...?

EDIT: Silly me... Odexed Phone.apk does not that fix because it is untouched Samsung's official,
hence it has this rising ring feature already.
Right...?

Last edited:
Reactions: galinha

roool

Apr 14, 2008
Paris
Thx for your work, YG007 ! :)

Could you mod phone.apk to switch off noise reduction during a call?
It will stop echo issue with my phone ;)

Regards,

rOol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!

Sorry it took me so long to return, I was busy enjoing the summer... and that comes with a price as well... juggling work and vacation. It's been crazy with me at work as well so that didn't really help...

Anyways, for those who don't know me, I did the non increasing ring mod for the Galaxy S i9000, and now I'm here to do the same for the SGS II. My previous work is found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759537

Info:
    Get rid of the increasing ring when someone calls you. As long as I can remember, most samsung phones had this "feature" where when you receive a call, the ringtone will gradually fade in to the volume that you have set. This mod will get rid of that annoying fade-in and allow your ringtone to play at the volume that you set it to!

REMEMBER~! Your phone needs to be deodexed for this to work!!! Also, this mod is version specific! Only use the modified APK with the same deodexed ROM. You have been warned.

Instructions:
    MAKE SURE your firmware is deodexed and you are using the right fix to the proper firmware!!
    1. Put the phone into "Flight Mode" either by holding power while the device is on and selecting Flight Mode from the submenu, or by selecting Flight Mode from the Settings menu.
    2. Use a terminal, or root explorer, or any app you want to copy Phone.apk to /system/app/. Make sure the file is Phone.apk instead of phone.apk. Some people copied it as phone.apk (lowercase P), so make sure its Phone.apk. --(If you still get a FC, don't worry, just proceed to step 3.)
    3. Reboot the phone.

OR

if the file has CWM in it, just use CWM!

-YG007

Update:
    Here is the latest mod for XWKK5, CWM!! :D

Update: 12.17.2011
    Here is the latest mod for XXKL1, CWM!! :D

Enjoy!!
    Here is XWLA4 deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :

• No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.

Enjoy !
    KI3 non increasing ring odex/deodex (CWM)
    Ok just found the way to make it.
    In fact it was due to the compresssion level which I forgot to set to "0" before compiling again the apk. :D

Just tried it, and it works on my KI8 Kitchen ROM. :)

Here is my deodexed "Phone.apk" featuring :
    • No increasing ring.
    • Noise supression OFF by default and deleted.
    • ZIPaligned.

Enjoy !
    use baksmali-1.3.2.jar & smali-1.3.2.jar can do fine,but that way not works,always has increasing ring ,Maybe 4.0.3 change something we don't know...............
    Ah ok! I see.
    I thought LPB was still Gingerbread firmware, so yes 4.0.3 definitely changed many stuffs about Phone.apk. Maybe APK Multi-Tools actually can't decompile properly ICS apk's ?

Can you make an odex version please?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sure, I can give a try if you send me a original LA4 Phone.apk from an odexed rom ;) it's just a "Phone.odex" to add into the apk zip, but can only be found from this. ;)