Would you recommend the LG G2 keeping in view the current and prospective development

Search This thread

Ammar007

Jan 16, 2014
Ive got to buy a new device, am stuck between LG G2, Samsung NOTE 3, and Nexus 5, The Nexus has sub-par battery life, and mediocre camera and no Infrared, the Note 3 has many features, the LG G2 is quite excellent as well, but I want a phone with excellent hardware and excellent development/custom ROMs, So keeping that in view, which device do you suggest I buy? I dont think LG G2 is getting the support it deserves from devs, do you think its development is going to reach a dead end soon?

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Dev on the whole is excellent. Custom roms are not as plentiful but all of bigger aosp roms are here. Not sure what you're trying to ask...

anl2304

Feb 20, 2012
Coming from the S3 (Verizon) and S4 (t-mobile) I have to say development is more low key. BUT I love the phone, the Roms are excellent, and I can use Roms from AT&T, Verizon and the international (D802) phones. So it balances out. I have no regrets and look forward to the G3.

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
As much as I like the G2, I do not think I would recommend this phone for someone who wants try diffferent "working" custom ROMS. When it was jellybean only ROMS things were looking pretty good with ROMS based of stock base 4.2.2 or even the Flex & G Pro 2 4.2.2 ports. It seems that KitKat has brought everything to a halt, and while I am sure devs do their best, roms based on aosp/cm, stock, ported have take it or leave it type bugs i.e. auto-rotate, losing network selection, mms issues, etc. I imagine with time these issues may be overcome, all bets are open if this will happen before the next version of Android is released or even before the G3/Nexus6 is released. I personally would wait for the Nexus 6 and see what hardware that phone offers. Good Luck with choice.

I should add, it seems that some issues are caused by slight differences in the G2 phones. Some people get the white lines and others can not flash any rom without major issues, most just return those back to store I guess.

Last edited: