Newbie help please with adverts for our apps.

Search This thread

non_app

Jul 11, 2014
Hi Folks,

We have paid a professional company to build our app for Android and IOS. There is no other app like it on either platform. Mass marketing is not a problem for us and we are confident that we will get many users.

The apps are free with adverts or paid to remove. The company we have paid a lot of money said they have no clue about adverts, which they are now telling us after we have paid most of the money, so it is down to us to research. We are not technically minded, we just had a great idea.

Personally I did not want any ads but from research it seems it is the way forward.

The company plans to add just banner ads that pay when clicked on only.

My question is about the type of adverts for us.

From what I have read, there are adverts that pay for the amount of users and how long they spend on the app. Our users will spend quite a lot of time using the app as it is that type of app, you needs to spend time on using it for the info they need from it.

Can anyone tell me please what this type of advert is called or if it even exists?

Any other suggestions please on adverts that create revenue apart from having to click on an advert to create revenue. I know from my own usage that I never click on adverts.

Thank you folks for any help.

Peter

non_app

Jul 11, 2014
Hi Folks,

We have paid a professional company to build our app for Android and IOS. There is no other app like it on either platform. Mass marketing is not a problem for us and we are confident that we will get many users.

The apps are free with adverts or paid to remove. The company we have paid a lot of money said they have no clue about adverts, which they are now telling us after we have paid most of the money, so it is down to us to research. We are not technically minded, we just had a great idea.

Personally I did not want any ads but from research it seems it is the way forward.

From what I have read, there are adverts that pay for the amount of users and how long they spend on the app. Our users will spend quite a lot of time using the app as it is that type of app, you needs to spend time on using it for the info they need from it.

Can anyone tell me please what this type of advert is called or if it even exists?

Any other suggestions please on adverts that create revenue apart from having to click on an advert to create revenue. I know from my own usage that I never click on adverts.

Peter

We were thinking to have banner ads but is there a way to get paid for time spent on the app looking at them rather than clicking?

We are also thinking about interstitial ad before they exit the app, is this possible?

We also thought about push ads that go to the notification bar.

Lastly we were thinking of an offer wall advert at the start after the loading screen just before they enter the app.

Do you think this is too many ads?

Thanks

non_app

Jul 11, 2014
We were thinking to have banner ads but is there a way to get paid for time spent on the app looking at them rather than clicking?

We are also thinking about interstitial ad before they exit the app, is this possible?

We also thought about push ads that go to the notification bar.

Lastly we were thinking of an offer wall advert at the start after the loading screen just before they enter the app.

Do you think this is too many ads?

Thanks

This forum is full of socially brainwashed ****ing pricks. I have made many posts on various subjects on different accounts to test for the help on here. Never had one reply or one bit of help from any of the posts or topics. It seems from my testing that, you snotty nosed ****s only help people who are technically minded like yourselves.

I have not even had a welcome to forum post or a hello lol

I can bet that people will now post here, not regarding any help to my question but to become forum police, Time you could have taken to actually help someone with no knowledge and genuinely asking for help.

Have fun in your rat race. Try and take a deeper look at life instead of being selfish wankers, help others in need. It isn't hard for those that can help but I guess you will only say "use the search function" like some ****ing robot.

Hopefully now I will get a response, not the one I wanted but my results from forum testing will be good reading, although negative for this forum and its so called people.

I now await posts, reporters to the admins as it will make you feel special, wont it?

Drum roll..........

jeromyyap

Jan 16, 2013
Hi Folks,

Peter

Hi Peter, whether you should put ads should depend on the genre of your app. Personally, I don't put adverts in my app (not even pay to remove it). In my opinion, apps with adverts are 'low quality' and profit orientated (no offence). Furthermore, putting adverts in your app will not earn you a lot of money unless your app goes viral. Hence, I suggest you look into a more sustainable business model other than ads. Cheers.