eBay Daily Deals Has The Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus For $370 Shipped

Search This thread

chancy319

Mar 9, 2010
I hope this is the right section to post this. :) eBay is by offering the GSM unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus for just $370. Not sure of this but it seems like if you live in California, you won't even have to pay sales tax - making this an even better deal than Google's $400 (which totals out at $440 with tax and shipping for CA). Probably won't last long so hop on it as quick as you can if you're in the market for a GNex.

eBay

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
I thought 400 was a good deal but 370 is even better.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
It says in the bottom of description it is a international version. Better to go with Google play IMHO. I got mine without tax so it was a good deal.

Reactions: Bad Liar

chancy319

Mar 9, 2010
I'd rather save $70 ($440 on Google Play Store after taxes) and go international if it ends up being the same phone in the end after rooting & what not. It says that they will add a US charger in the descriptions as well.

What will be different about the international version besides the default language & the power adapter? Also, why is it important what version of ICS it's shipped with if there are OTA updates & custom ROMs?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure about everything before making the purchase.

THANK YOU!

Only differences I can think of is that the international version doesn't come with U.S. warranty. There's also the likelihood that the US GSM variants (Takju) may get the JB update first followed by rest of the world. Of course, that's just speculation.

Last edited:

rosemachinegun

Feb 11, 2012
Providence
I'd rather save $70 ($440 on Google Play Store after taxes) and go international if it ends up being the same phone in the end after rooting & what not. It says that they will add a US charger in the descriptions as well.

What will be different about the international version besides the default language & the power adapter? Also, why is it important what version of ICS it's shipped with if there are OTA updates & custom ROMs?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure about everything before making the purchase.

THANK YOU!

The most important difference is that you're up **** creek when it comes to the warranty. If you have any problems with your phone Samsung USA will do nothing to help you. You'll have to struggle to communicate with whichever country's Samsung branch handles your phone, and supposing you convince them to service your device, you'll have to pay costly international shipping and experience the extra long wait times that that entails. One guy was on here earlier talking about his struggle to navigate Samsung Poland's automated customer service line.
This is a phone with what's getting to be notoriously hit-or-miss build quality. To me it was worth paying the extra 40-70 just to have that insurance.

Last edited:

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Only differences I can think of is that the international version doesn't come with U.S. warranty.

And it's likely the international device won't be "yakju" out of the box. So you'll have to flash it to Yakju or Takju manually yourself.

There's also the likelihood that the US GSM variants (Takju) may get the JB update first followed by rest of the world. Of course, that's just speculation.

Doesn't matter if you just flash the phone to yakju/takju yourself. It only matters what software you've currently flashed, not what it came with out of the box.

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
I dont know if i trust the seller which is dailysteals.com i have tried buying stuff from them but all i got was problems

luckyplanet

Feb 26, 2012
So I just bought this. Does anyone have a link to instructions or a guide to flash the takju build before I set up everything on the phone. Thanks!

accordex

Mar 1, 2009
Kent
Just bought this as well..this is all confusing with the builds....do I understand it correctly that I can use the GNEX toolbox to unlock bootloader, install cwm and then flash the better takju or whatever it is build? Could I then have google wallet?

tonker83

Sep 2, 2010
El cajon, CA

THANK YOU!

If you need warranty support your sol, and seeing as these phones have some problems your taking a $370 gamble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Damn this phone is getting pretty cheap. I might pick up another one soon as a backup/secondary if the price is getting this low.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are these problems with the Nexus that people are speaking of that makes the warranty worth the extra money? Is it something specific to the Galaxy Nexus devices or is it like any other product where it's just by chance that your product might go bad?

I would totally agree that warranty would be worth the extra money if the Nexus' are bound to be problematic but then again, I'd probably not buy the phone in the first place if it were so.

I'm not trying to stir anything up here so please don't take what I say personally. I'm just very interested in purchasing the Nexus but also getting a little nervous because of people saying that Playstore + warranty is the way to go. It kind of implies that there's a good chance I will run into problems?

Some people are stupidly, ridiculously, not have a life crybaby picky because the screen has some purple tint at the lowest brightness setting. It's fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I saw that. I'm wondering what build it comes with and I highly doubt it'll be with a USA warranty.
    It says in the bottom of description it is a international version. Better to go with Google play IMHO. I got mine without tax so it was a good deal.
    So I just bought this. Does anyone have a link to instructions or a guide to flash the takju build before I set up everything on the phone. Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895
    Got an email today they refunded my overnight shipping... told em to cancel my order and refund the rest...they did.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA