12/21Build.prop and init.d scripts

Search This thread

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
A few tweaks you can mess around with.
If you are into achieving a better visual experience on the GS3, download the script at the bottom of this post!

[Mod] Hold menu to kill. Tested on d2vzw tw jb. Link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34382173

Quicker response and app loading
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags= =m=y,o=y

Better overall system response. Add each of these values separately. Been tested and verified for the GS3.
debug.composition.type = gpu
debug.composition.type = cpu

Disable scrolling cache for faster scrolling.
persist.sys.scrollingcache = 4

More accurate + sharper rendering.
persist.sys.smoothscrollbar = true

Helps diminish screen ghosting such as text drag and other obvious things.
dev.pm.gpu_samplingrate = 1

Less logging is more speed
debug.mdpcomp.logs = 0
logcat.live = disable

A debatable setting. Some like 0, some like 3. I prefer a setting of 3 as it appears to be a more precise image rendering. 3 will actually produce more video resolution in my testing. I have screenshots to prove it if necessary.
debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer =3

I'm going with Google on this one as it's value is based on screen refresh rate of 60hz. Should not be set to more than 90 but I usually go with 95. It's been said that anything more is a waste of resources.
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 95

I will ad more build.props in the future.

For those who miss the good days of chainfire 3D.... Anti aliasing is here in my script.
Anti aliasing and 32 bytes per pixel. The FPS may also get unlocked on some roms. Download and drop it in your init.d folder + reboot. Using an overclocked GPU is suggested.
FYI.. Using the current script set at a 32 bit color depth with cause a loss of detail in bright white scenes. Also known as blooming. However, this will give the effect of a higher contrast ratio. 24 bit color depth will provide full detail.

Use at own risk. This hasn't been tested on all roms and kernels.

32 bit color depth
http://db.tt/ZVPQgn5I

24 bit color depth
http://db.tt/rOwkkZaW

Thanks guys!

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

Last edited:

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Updated OP with logcat.

Anybody using the script??

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

Last edited:

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Updated OP with logcat.

Anybody using the script??

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

Will in a moment. May I ask why the boost from 60hz to 90? I thought android was pretty much capped at 60fps

EDIT: Had some issues running the script with ROM toolbox

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

x714x

Sep 10, 2012
Phoenix
I was already running a couple of these and added the rest and everything seems fine. I used build.prop editor without any issues

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Will in a moment. May I ask why the boost from 60hz to 90? I thought android was pretty much capped at 60fps

EDIT: Had some issues running the script with ROM toolbox

No. what I was trying to explain is that the refresh rate of 60hz is used as part of the equation to calculate the value of max events. This doesn't change the refresh rate.
As far as the script...
Move the script file to /system/etc/init.d and reboot.
Don't use rom toolbox.
Hope this helps you out.

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
No. what I was trying to explain is that the refresh rate of 60hz is used as part of the equation to calculate the value of max events. This doesn't change the refresh rate.
As far as the script...
Move the script file to /system/etc/init.d and reboot.
Don't use rom toolbox.
Hope this helps you out.

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21

Sorry, it was late and I read it fast haha. Thanks, haven't had much experience with scripts.

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Updated OP. I failed to properly rename the init.d script.
It's fixed and will work. New download is available. My apologies guys!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

x714x

Sep 10, 2012
Phoenix
Better overall system response. Add each of these values separately. Been tested and verified for the GS3.

I think you can just do debug.composition.type=dyn instead of the 2 different entries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few tweaks you can mess around with.
    If you are into achieving a better visual experience on the GS3, download the script at the bottom of this post!

[Mod] Hold menu to kill. Tested on d2vzw tw jb. Link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34382173

Quicker response and app loading
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags= =m=y,o=y

Disable scrolling cache for faster scrolling.
    persist.sys.scrollingcache = 4

More accurate + sharper rendering.
    persist.sys.smoothscrollbar = true

Helps diminish screen ghosting such as text drag and other obvious things.
    dev.pm.gpu_samplingrate = 1

Less logging is more speed
    debug.mdpcomp.logs = 0
    logcat.live = disable

A debatable setting. Some like 0, some like 3. I prefer a setting of 3 as it appears to be a more precise image rendering. 3 will actually produce more video resolution in my testing. I have screenshots to prove it if necessary.
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer =3

I'm going with Google on this one as it's value is based on screen refresh rate of 60hz. Should not be set to more than 90 but I usually go with 95. It's been said that anything more is a waste of resources.
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 95

I will ad more build.props in the future.

For those who miss the good days of chainfire 3D.... Anti aliasing is here in my script.
    Anti aliasing and 32 bytes per pixel. The FPS may also get unlocked on some roms. Download and drop it in your init.d folder + reboot. Using an overclocked GPU is suggested.
    FYI.. Using the current script set at a 32 bit color depth with cause a loss of detail in bright white scenes. Also known as blooming. However, this will give the effect of a higher contrast ratio. 24 bit color depth will provide full detail.

Use at own risk. This hasn't been tested on all roms and kernels.

32 bit color depth
    http://db.tt/ZVPQgn5I

24 bit color depth
    http://db.tt/rOwkkZaW

Thanks guys!

48 65 6c 70 20 6d 65 21