[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

dtroup64

Is there any s-pen functionality? I'm obviously not looking for touchwiz features, but it would be nice to have to ability to use the pen for Web browsing and note taking, etc.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 2 via Tapatalk

Sure is. Your spen will work on most of the note taking apps. I use Evernote, and I combine it with 7 Notes with Mazek as a handwriting recognition software and it's smoooooooth.

Reactions: sgtguthrie

Zues532

Feb 4, 2011
Unless I'm mistaken, when you format with a TW rom, it doesnt format as fat32, but rather with exfat. that is probably your problem.

I had this happen multiple times. Make sure your card is formatted as fat32. Now with the problem you have you have to transfer everything to a folder on your computer, format the card to fat32 and then transfer everything back. I lost 2 cards with this problem and since formatting to fat 32 I haven't had an issue. It's a must if you are going to go back and forth. And also it seems SanDisk cards are most susceptible to this issue.

Sent from my VZW GALAXY note 2

Thankfully I had backed up everything on the card before flashing or wiping anything, and I remember seeing that my computer listed the card formatted as fat32. That being said, when I first saw that the card failed I did not remove it and attempt a reformat on my computer. Perhaps that would fix my problem.

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
Thankfully I had backed up everything on the card before flashing or wiping anything, and I remember seeing that my computer listed the card formatted as fat32. That being said, when I first saw that the card failed I did not remove it and attempt a reformat on my computer. Perhaps that would fix my problem.

I was having the exact same issue. I had to completely wipe system/data/cache before restoring my CM10.2 nandroid to get it to see my card. I guess I'll be waiting just a bit longer for exFAT support.

metaphysicalgx2

Sep 21, 2011
Does the sd card issue only concern the 64gb cards or will i have to do something special with the 32gb that i just bought?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

my_handle

Jul 7, 2010
I can't get a signal either. I installed with CWM. The most recent nightly has 4G but couldn't send SMS. Then I went to the Stable version and couldn't get any service. I'm on the live CM IRC and can't get this resolved. =(

I was having the same problem. Had to change sim cards and now it's all good. My steps were back to stock, go to vzw have them switch sim, let phone activate then reroot and reinstall

djd338

Jan 28, 2011
Is there any s-pen functionality? I'm obviously not looking for touchwiz features, but it would be nice to have to ability to use the pen for Web browsing and note taking, etc.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 2 via Tapatalk

FYI: If you're looking for other Spen functions I've ran across a couple apps that are fun to play with. Try "Note Buddy", it's made to restore certain functions of Spen with ASOP roms. It'll allow a quick bar & auto launch of other apps as well as remove/insert sound effects. In order to get it to work I had to install the app "CM S-Pen add-on" for some reason. At times it's kinda neat having the sound of light saber or swords when the stylus is used.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtguthrie

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
Does the sd card issue only concern the 64gb cards or will i have to do something special with the 32gb that i just bought?

It has nothing to do with the size of the card, but the formatting of the card that matters. For the time being any card formatted as exFAT will not play well with CM11 regardless of which kernel is used. If you want to be sure the card will work then you'll have to make sure it's formatted as fat33.

racerjt

Feb 2, 2008
sprint no data

I flashed with the latest cwm 6.0.4.3
No data
Flashed the radio fix through cwm
No data

I really like this ROM but with out data can't use....

Please tell me how to fix.
It seems to want a Sim card. But Sprint does not use...

Please help me.... Maybe I just missed something

Thank you and keep up the good work

Last edited:

chizler

Aug 23, 2013
Knoxville, Tn.
I flashed with the latest cwm 6.0.4.3
No data
Flashed the radio fix through cwm
No data

I really like this ROM but with out data can't use....

Please tell me how to fix.
It seems to want a Sim card. But Sprint does not use...

Please help me.... Maybe I just missed something

Thank you and keep up the good work

this is for the verizon note 2, i would guess that would be the problem seeing that you are on sprint.

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
Im giving this a try. Last time I ran asop was a few months ago and it was pretty solid. This seems like its getting there so I will finally try out 4.4. Ive been running 4.1.2 tw

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
Well I got it installed. I somehow missed the part of needing cwm instead of twrp. Once I got the zip to fail on twrp I got cwm flashed and it installed no problem. The only issue I'm having is I can't get GPS to lock. Its not a huge issue since I almost never use GPS but it'd be nice to have. Other than that it seems rock solid so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jcbauerca

Dec 14, 2006
I can't get a signal either. I installed with CWM. The most recent nightly has 4G but couldn't send SMS. Then I went to the Stable version and couldn't get any service. I'm on the live CM IRC and can't get this resolved. =(

I had the same problem so went to settings and did a factory reset and that clear it up. For some reason when I tried to install the CM 10.2 nighlys it killed my voice service, data and internet works but could not make a phone call.

Had to go back to a TW rom and reset to factory setting. Didn't work when resetting in the CM rom.

aussiebill

Jun 7, 2007
Firstly, thanks for this awesome ROM. :) I've been using since the initial release and have been loving it.
I went on a roadtrip yesterday and I have some observations/potential bugs to report.

1) I saw the issue reported earlier where no audio would be sent through the headphone jack at times. Had to unplug, get sound going again and plug back in.

2) NFC did not fire up when enabled in Settings and phone placed over NFC sticker

3) Maps was just weird. I had GPS and WiFi on, and when in Navigation, the compass/direction arrow always pointed straight up, regardless of the road direction. I was often positioned way off the highway, I could almost guess it was just using wifi or Verizon for positioning.

4) As others have reported, when using a Verizon netwrok extender at home, the phone thinks it is roaming or "Out of Neighorhood"

THANKS SBRISSEN!!!!

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
I sat down & read this entire thread last night, before deciding to take the plunge & flash this piece of art, no pun. All I can say is WOW!!! This thing flies even on Dalvik & the stock kernel. I've been on Clean ROM ACE 4.9 since it was released, & saw no reason to change until I read Zedomax's review of this ROM. Great job SBrissen!!! :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

firewater88

Feb 20, 2011
Beer City USA
bigbiff found the reason why we're losing the radio. Running "restorecon -R /system" will restore the radio within 30 seconds, without a reboot. You'll need to mount /system as rw first though.

To make it easier, I made a flashable ZIP. It will try to run restorecon in recovery (this part seems to only work in CWM), and it will also copy "fixradio" to /system/bin. If the radio still doesn't work after flashing, boot up, start Terminal and type "su" press enter, then type "fixradio" and press enter. Within 30 seconds your radio should be back.

Fixes clean installs and nandroids on both TWRP and CWM.

Tested on the L900, but should work for all Note2 variants.

Unfortunately, still can't get data back. Tried every flash order in both twrp and cwm. Tried restoring a efs backup in twrp, nothing. (couldn't find how to restore that in cwm) Tried the zip, nothing. Tried the terminal command, nothing.
Bummed that I ever went back and did that backup restore of a 4.4, it was a great rom for those few days, but can not get a radio back.
It's back to 4.1 for me...

Sent from this giant thingy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.