Verizon bloatware seemed to have just gotten worse

Search This thread

schaffee

Apr 10, 2012
Did anyone else just receive update notifications for more apps. Hp printing...?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
HP Print Service Plugin has nothing to do with Verizon. HP partnered with Google to bundle their print plugin with Android to show off Android 4.4's new printing support. Even Nexus phones come with that.

I mean, if you want to classify something non-Verizon as bloatware, be my guest. But HP printing was included on 4.4 and above (as per previous poster says) and is not reliant on Verizon. Not being a ****, but it obviously doesn't say Verizon on it anywhere. If it were VZ Tones or "My Verizon" I'd understand frustration, but use your noggin' please......

Did anyone else just receive update notifications for more apps. Hp printing...?

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
And you can disable this and other bloat apps in the stock app settings without being rooted. They won't update anymore, either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I mean, if you want to classify something non-Verizon as bloatware, be my guest. But HP printing was included on 4.4 and above (as per previous poster says) and is not reliant on Verizon. Not being a ****, but it obviously doesn't say Verizon on it anywhere. If it were VZ Tones or "My Verizon" I'd understand frustration, but use your noggin' please......