[Q] Improve battery life?

Search This thread

Clamhost

Feb 14, 2011
www.clamhost.com
New T-Mobile HTC One M8 user here, been using it SIM unlocked on TMobile (used Jump!) and StraightTalk's AT&T 4G LTE.

Well I'm at about 31% and charging.

Any tips on improving battery life? I always keep my brightness rather low, but my battery life is much worse than my Nexus 5's. Almost thinking of exchanging for S5 as the removable battery may help.

This is not a rant or hate thread, I simply want to ask other T-Mobile HTC One M8 users their experiences.

Seriously I'm having to charge once or twice per day. My dad has the M8 on VZW and his phone gets much better battery life, I almost feel like my phone is defective. That or the TMO version uses more battery life.

BTW Wi-Fi is off.

Thanks,

Thomas

hiazn

Jan 20, 2008
honolulu
New T-Mobile HTC One M8 user here, been using it SIM unlocked on TMobile (used Jump!) and StraightTalk's AT&T 4G LTE.

Any tips on improving battery life? I always keep my brightness rather low, but my battery life is much worse than my Nexus 5's. Almost thinking of exchanging for S5 as the removable battery may help.

This is not a rant or hate thread, I simply want to ask other T-Mobile HTC One M8 users their experiences.

Seriously I'm having to charge once or twice per day. My dad has the M8 on VZW and his phone gets much better battery life, I almost feel like my phone is defective. That or the TMO version uses more battery life.

BTW Wi-Fi is off.

Thanks,

Thomas

I make it through a full day here, I'm used to the batt life of a note3, so it takes some getting used to. I have bluetooth/wifi on all day, with facebook/g+/twitter/4emails syncing (evy 15min). I used titanium backup to freeze all the apps I dont use or wont use... ie all tmo apps, ant+, etc also use greenify for help also...

Clamhost

Feb 14, 2011
www.clamhost.com
I make it through a full day here, I'm used to the batt life of a note3, so it takes some getting used to. I have bluetooth/wifi on all day, with facebook/g+/twitter/4emails syncing (evy 15min). I used titanium backup to freeze all the apps I dont use or wont use... ie all tmo apps, ant+, etc also use greenify for help also...

Ah thanks. Nice Kakashi Chibi :p

Reactions: hiazn

BlueCrystal

Mar 24, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Make sure you get Lookout off and try to get rid of it if possible. Nuke Carrier IQ in to the sun. I use Lux to autoadjust the brightness and that seems to help a lot. If you really need help look in to JuiceDefender. I can easily go a day without charging, and I haven't enabled JuiceDefender yet.

namato

Aug 16, 2010
Tualatin
Disabling Google Now and restarting helps. Apparently there is a bug in kit kat that hammers the CPU and drives the android ui usage up with it enabled.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle

BTW Wi-Fi is off.

Thanks,

Thomas

I honestly think it depends on how you are treating the battery and using your phone. Remember new phones get used more initially. You can get an S5 but that doesn't mean you'll get better battery life. Also, please don't take it from me. There are professionals that have shown the M8 to have better battery life than even the Note 3 and S5.

Proof M8 has competitive battery life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ah thanks. Nice Kakashi Chibi :p