Stuck at No OS Installed

Search This thread

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
Hello guys, first of. Sorry if this was answered a million times already.
Second, I have an issue I've been trying to solve for 3 days now.

3 days ago I was trying to flash a new ROM to my already-rooted HTC One (M7).
I copied all the files as usual and before I flash the new ROM I went to wipe cache, etc.
The problem is that I retardly wiped my system and "memory card" too...

Now Im stuck with no OS. and since the HTC One doesnt use a SD card, I need to use fastboot to transfer files.

Now my problem is: Files dont transfer...

I tried locking the bin, unlocking it again, I can access my TWRP recovery menu and tried to use Sideload. Nothing works.
I pretty much get stuck with this error:

Code:
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Root Files\Root_HTC_One_Sprint>fastboot flash unloc
ktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [  0.141s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [  0.012s]
finished. total time: 0.154s

C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Root Files\Root_HTC_One_Sprint>fastboot flash recov
ery philz_touch_6.08.9-m7spr.img
sending 'recovery' (9552 KB)...

^ The above is just an example of me trying to install a new recovery, but same thing applies to "push files" and so on...

Ive done my homework and the only conclusion I can draw from all these hours of frustration is that my phone, somehow disabled USB debugging. Therefore the files cannot be copied.

:::EDIT:::

Oh, I forgot to add. I also followed the guides from: http://qbking77.com/development/how-to-unrootunbrick-the-htc-one-to-stock-2/

As I go trough the steps I get an error after running the step #3 into installing the RUU (6:00 onto the video). After I get the "Verifying phone if its connected to PDA..." I get an error that says "Your phone battery is lower than 30%, please charge your phone and try again". But the thing is that my phone is at 100% battery.

Also, the information on my phone itself is:

Code:
 ***TAMPERED***
*** RELOCKED ***
M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-1.00.20.1108
OpenDSP-32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-Boot 2048MB
Feb 25 2014,21:52:07.0

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

Please help. Thanks:crying:

Last edited:

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
What RUU are you attempting to install? If it is the one Tim has on his website it is way too old.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
I personally updated my hboot and installed the latest RUU available and then updated my phone. But I wasn't interested in getting s-off, I just wanted a stock phone.

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
I personally updated my hboot and installed the latest RUU available and then updated my phone. But I wasn't interested in getting s-off, I just wanted a stock phone.

I cant find anywhere the latest version though.

The only version I find is version: 3.04.651.2

I cant find any other except older ones.

I also used the 2 versions from sprint posted on this site: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-file-downloads/

and I still get this error:

Code:
ERROR [120]: MAIN BATTERY POWER
This error message will appear when the Android phone’s battery power is not sufficient (Batter power should be more than 30%). Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it will still need to make sure that your Android phone has enough power to complete the update. (The Android phone cannot charge the battery when it is connected to the PC while installing the RUU).

Last edited:

fryguy503

May 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
I cant find anywhere the latest version though.

The only version I find is version: 3.04.651.2

I cant find any other except older ones.

I also used the 2 versions from sprint posted on this site: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-file-downloads/

and I still get this error:

Code:
ERROR [120]: MAIN BATTERY POWER
This error message will appear when the Android phone’s battery power is not sufficient (Batter power should be more than 30%). Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it will still need to make sure that your Android phone has enough power to complete the update. (The Android phone cannot charge the battery when it is connected to the PC while installing the RUU).

RUU - 3.04.651.2 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2508907
RUU - 4.06.651.4 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910
RUU - 5.03.651.3 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2795856

All Credits due to O.M.J. for the posts and those who helped.

EDIT* - I believe with HBOOT 1.56 you would want to use the 5.03.651.3 version, but I would double check.

Last edited:

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
RUU - 3.04.651.2 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2508907
RUU - 4.06.651.4 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910
RUU - 5.03.651.3 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2795856

All Credits due to O.M.J. for the posts and those who helped.

EDIT* - I believe with HBOOT 1.56 you would want to use the 5.03.651.3 version, but I would double check.

WOOT! Thanks a lot!. Ill try and update you.

I tried all 3 versions and all 3 of them ran into the same error.
30% Battery error.

My phone its been charging for 4 days now lol, its 100%...

Last edited:

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
if you are s-on you'll need the stock recovery( I think) also and have your bootloader locked

My bootloader is locked, I can lock or unlock at will. But its locked.

As far as recovery goes, I have TWRP. How would I go about getting it back to stock recovery without the ability of going back to stock ROM/Recovery o_O?

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My bootloader is locked, I can lock or unlock at will. But its locked.

As far as recovery goes, I have TWRP. How would I go about getting it back to stock recovery without the ability of going back to stock ROM/Recovery o_O?

i'm not quite sure you need stock recovery or not, but you flash it in fastboot the same as twrp. the stock recovery is here in the forums somewhere I can't remember where, maybe someone will chime in here who knows for sure if you need it or not.

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009

Thanks for the reply, I tried flashing this and nothing changed. I was actually using your Viper's ROM prior to me running into this issue >_<!

Anyway, as stated in post #1. This is the error I run into whenever I try to push or flash anything to the phone:

NqsNZ8U.png

This happens with both modes, with Locked OEM and Unlocked OEM.

cKkWWvu.png

The "error" is that it can hang there for hours without actually copying anything to the phone. lol

This also applies whenever I try to use TWRP's Sideload. I get the same result: "Sending to x..."

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
Thanks for the reply, I tried flashing this and nothing changed. I was actually using your Viper's ROM prior to me running into this issue >_<!

Anyway, as stated in post #1. This is the error I run into whenever I try to push or flash anything to the phone:

NqsNZ8U.png

This happens with both modes, with Locked OEM and Unlocked OEM.

cKkWWvu.png

The "error" is that it can hang there for hours without actually copying anything to the phone. lol

This also applies whenever I try to use TWRP's Sideload. I get the same result: "Sending to x..."

Have you tried using USB-OTG to flash a ROM? Make sure your bootloader is unlocked before you flash though.

Last edited:

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
Recovery shouldn't matter because when you install an RUU the recovery is replaced with stock. I don't understand your battery issue though.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Don't think it would matter but maybe make sure everything is utd on your SDK manager.

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
Have you tried using USB-OTG to flash a ROM? Make sure your bootloader is unlocked before you flash though.

I just ordered the USB adapter from amazon. It will take 3-5 weeks to get here... -_-
In the meantime I hope there is an actual fix to it.

As for the battery error:

After I get this screen:

L0LxuBk.png

I get this:

bgzB6co.png

My battery is at 100%

fryguy503

May 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Have you tried another USB cable in the first place?

It could be something as simple as that.

+1 I have seen weird issues with poor quality or bad USB cables.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Maybe try this:

Unlock the Device
Flash CWM
Recharge the Phone to 100%
Reset Battery Stats (Honestly unsure if the HTC One CWM has this option)
Lock
Flash the stock recovery
Flash the RUU
Profit

Kagerusui

Aug 1, 2009
I tried multiple ports and multiple cables.

While doing troubleshoots I found that adb does seem trying to move them but I get an "Permission Denied error"

9m6ocgl.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am BACK!!!

For anyone who may need help on a similar issue this is what I did:

1- Unlock OEM

2- Load into Recovery (TWRP)

3- Go to Mount and Mount all except the USB
    If they do not want to mount, lock OEM and unlock it again until you get them mounted.
    It took me about 5 tries to get them all mounted

4- Go to Advanced

5- Start on Sideload

6- Sideload does not want to run many, many times. Just keep opening it and closing it after about 20 seconds until you hear a windows cheme letting you know "your phone its detected".

7- Once sideload is detected use this command to move your file to your RAM
    adb sideload NameOfRom.zip
    Make sure the ROM is fairly small. This one worked for me: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540189
    You will also encounter an error such as: "error: device not found" or " * failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' * "
    If you get any errors just press Arrow Up on your keyboard and then Enter to try again.
    Try again and again until you see some percentage numbers go up (it started to copy)
    At times it may crash trying to copy, just retry until you get 100%

8- Your ROM will start installing by itself and then ask you to reboot your phone. Perform a Cache and Delvik clear before you reboot.
    If you do not clear it you will end up with an endless loop while booting up.

9- Navigate for the file using the File Explorer and try to make a copy of it. I found mine under:
    Temp/sideload.zip
    10- After you clear them Reboot your phone.

11- Wait while you bite some nails and pray it works. It worked for me...

12- If you encounter an error try installing the sideload.zip you copied from your temp folder after clearing your cache, dalvik, etc.

This is a screenshot to give you an idea of how many times I had to do the same thing over and over and over again until I finally got it to work:

CeRdBEl.png

GL guys and thanks to all who helped.