MC2 to MK4 update zip

Search This thread

snkycool

Jun 12, 2009
District Heights, MD
Rooted; No Need To Unroot or Stock Recovery,

I flashed this in TWRP from rooted stock Sprint MC2 and tried it and it works. lorjay589's thread has a flashable ROM zip. You can use TWRP and this is a rooted version. So no need to flash back to stock recovery or worry about unrooting/rerooting or removing KNOX. Head on over to his thread DL and give thanks to lorjay589 for his hard work...... I did.. This is for rooted GNII's only.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541395

Derezz

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego
Noob

Ok noob question. How do I install this? Or how is the best way to install this? I'm downloading this to my computer right now. I tried downloading and installing on the phone but there were so many damn files that I couldn't find the right one.

Help please?!

Getting tired of 4.1

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Ok noob question. How do I install this? Or how is the best way to install this? I'm downloading this to my computer right now. I tried downloading and installing on the phone but there were so many damn files that I couldn't find the right one.

Help please?!

Getting tired of 4.1

Cancel download and go to the development thread and get either lorjay589's 4.3 rom or synergy-n2.
Follow the guide on 1st page closely for smooth flash.

Derezz

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego

Those aren't rooting methods are they? I don't really want to root my Note 2. Knowing my paranoid ass, something will go wrong and screw my phone up lol.

vincey2kr1

Sep 3, 2010
Is the PRL write function still available Under ##3282# after the new update? Hate to lose the ability of Force roaming.

danny.l

Dec 3, 2013
Chicago
TRUE that!!!

I have updated to mk4...deleted knox..rooted.. and even installed custom both trype recoveries.. word of advice. . Keep a rooted mc2 backed up on external u need it to flash then flash mc2 back to stock counter zero and your able to go back to sprint

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Yes you are right! You can always go back to flash this rom if you ever run into issues! I have been doing the same! You can say , it's a start point!

Nehemoth

Mar 22, 2012
Valhalla
www.nehemoth.com
Install L900VPUBMK4_L900SPTBMK4_SPR from Baseband L900VPAMA7

The best way would be to go to the Samsung website and download the latest drivers to install on your computer.

Then go to the Samsung website and download Kies (do not get Kies 3, it's for phones with newer software, get the older version.)

You will have to use Google to search for the Samsung website to find the drivers and Kies.

There is also a tutorial on how to use Kies. Click on KIES TUTORIAL, then after the window opens with the tutorial, just click on FIRMWARE UPGRADE and it will show you.

1. Install the drivers you downloaded and reboot your computer.

2. Install Kies and reboot your computer.

When your computer is finished booting up, start Kies and connect your phone to your USB port on your computer using the same cable that came with your charger.

It will take a minute or two for your computer to install the device drivers for your phone, you will get a notification when it is complete. Kies should then recognize your phone, when it does, just click on FIRMWARE UPGRADE and follow the prompts.

*NOTE - if Kies does not recognize your phone after the device drivers have been installed, unplug your phone from the USB port and reboot your computer. When your computer is finished rebooting, plug your phone back in to your USB port.

Also, make sure your phone is on when you connect it to your computer.

EDIT - This is how I updated my phone. The firmware upgrade that Kies downloads will take awhile, it's a large file so don't think anything is wrong.

Also, after your phone gets updated, you will have to use Kies 3 because the older version won't work with the new firmware. You can un-install Kies then install Kies 3 to check for future updates.

As I installed CyanogenMod can not use KIES, need to return to the Samsung Stock version.

Someone knows if I can flash to the new 4.3 Samsung Stock Rom [L900VPUBMK4_L900SPTBMK4_SPR.zip] having the baseband L900VPAMA7?

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Yes but there was a zip that you could flash and it would unhide the prl write function

I know that. But your question was if the option was in the new update. The answer is no. If you update you won't have the option and I'm not sure if they made a flashable PRL zip for the new build yet or if the old one would work on it.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I know that. But your question was if the option was in the new update. The answer is no. If you update you won't have the option and I'm not sure if they made a flashable PRL zip for the new build yet or if the old one would work on it.

Last I read MA7 zip was working

ArchangelRenzoku

Mar 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Went back to MC2 stock unrooted, used this to manually update using stock recovery and everything went off without a single hiccup. Running unrooted stock MK4 and I'm pleased to say 4.3 is the best stock experience so far for me. Battery life improved, Knox never seems to bother me (can't find the executable app for it though, just the service) and didn't appear to hinder performance once app checking was disabled. You have to do a few tweaks with the settings such as turning off S-Pen detection when the stylus is not out and turn off NFC that's on by default but people should be doing this stuff anyway. Of course I feel the SD card wipe helps as well because I originally flashed lorjays Odexed version over my rooted TWRP MC2 and couldn't boot but the Deodexed version worked. It was just so slow and killed my battery so fast that I had to try my luck with the stock experience and it's paying off so far.

I admit, I'm a little itchy to flash new stuff (because I enjoy change, for better or worse), but am still happy I took a leap and made it.

Thanks OP for the zip.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

What does unhide PRL means?

Unhiding the 'PRL Write' function unlocks the ability to flash a new or different PRL file in order to use a different set of cell towers than originally programmed. The PRL is what's responsible for what towers you roam to (such as roaming onto Verizon Wireless towers from the Sprint network).

There is also an ongoing debate about whether or not the PRL affects data speeds and domestic tower selection as well but we'll save that for a different thread.

Hope I answered your question.

jdmx

Apr 30, 2013
Houston, TX
Install the official 4.3 update via Kies

You know, guys... if you have a "stock" phone, you don't have to download a third-person ROM file (with the security vulnerabilities that entails) and go thru a tortuous, complicated process to install it. All you have to do is install Samsung Kies on your Mac or PC, then connect your Galaxy Note 2 to your computer with a USB cable. Kies will immediately detect that a firmware update is available and will download it from the Internet and install it onto your phone for you. Simple, easy, and quick.

Note that if your phone is rooted, you will need to un-root it before attempting to install the update.

Note also that it's a good idea to back up your phone data before attempting the update, just in case.

I updated mine last night (Tue 2013-12-03) with no problems. The new version that was downloaded and installed is "L900VPUBMK4".

I was about to blow several gaskets because I was so sick of waiting for the 4.3 update to come over-the-air, until I found out that Kies works like a charm. Thank goodness!

Samsung Kies can be downloaded from <http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/>.

Last edited:

mikey123

Sep 19, 2009
Can stock 4.3 be rooted? If I wanted to root, install titanium backup and remove some sprint bloatware, this is possible, correct? I think we can root 4.3 via kingo method

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

lagallinavecchia

Nov 28, 2011
Hi guys -- just to be clear. I am rooted, but stock everything else 4.1.2 L900VPAMC2

I should be able to use stock recovery and flash this update, correct? Or have people had better results un-rooting?

Thanks, as always.

**Additional question... as an alternative, can I MobileOdin the update?

Last edited:

ArchangelRenzoku

Mar 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Hi guys -- just to be clear. I am rooted, but stock everything else 4.1.2 L900VPAMC2

I should be able to use stock recovery and flash this update, correct? Or have people had better results un-rooting?

Thanks, as always.

**Additional question... as an alternative, can I MobileOdin the update?

Stock recovery, flash update. Although it is not recommended to be rooted, you still can have rooted mc2. You will lose root upon 4.3 update completion. And if your SuperSU or Superuser .apk survives, knox will be tipped off and fc it at every opportunity. If you wish to be on 4.3 rooted, there are other methods that are easier and less "warranty voiding" than re-rooting the system.

DO NOT FLASH THIS UPDATE USING ANY OTHER RECOVERY THAN STOCK_MC2.

Reactions: lagallinavecchia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if i should post here or somewhere else but...

My phone prompted me for OTA update this morning so i just pulled this update out of the /cache/ folder......This is not a ROM, and i would not suggest flashing.

here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yxu7eu47h4dhaht/USER_L900_SPT_MC2_to_MK4_Update_FWD.zip

let me know if i need to grab anything else.
    Hey bro. Yeah kinda. I got grounded from the dev world. That is until my wife saw that cm started their own business then said maybe I should kick back up classicnerd

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

Look what the cat dragged in. Oh snap! Good to see you around. For a while I thought you got Snached on your fam vacation.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

And to be on topic, I'm waiting for the kids to finish Tae Kwon Do class so I can go make a TWRP flashable zip of this update

Ok, I've gone back and forth between 4.3 and 4.1.2 3 times. no issues re-rooting or installing recovery.

One thing some of you may want to do, is just do a clean install of 4.3. To do this, use the reset to 4.1.2 stock unrooted and flash that in recovery. let it reboot, then once it has the final reboot to home screen, pull the battery and then reboot back to recovery (volume up, power, home) and immediately install the 4.3 update.

It's a fresh install of 4.3 and will let you set it all back up. pretty simple process because it will restore you apps, contacts, logs, mms, text, etc.. Just make sure you use odin to root before your install of 4.3.

Ok. once you get that installed, check out This link and download some of the note 3 apps. You will find scrapbook, the spen3 app, quick note widget, and a few other work just fine. (install the libs associated with it). Airwave on the other hand is another story. We may have to deodex this rom then port some of these features over. It shouldn't be too difficult now that we are running the same rom.
    Thanks for this npesa92... You are a gentleman and a scholar

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    after installing the note apps did you have any issues? and does air command work? backing up right now to try out these apps.

I can't get air command to work. I need to deodex this rom and look in the framework res and services. I've tried on here but stuck in boot loops

The note 3 spen app works good, scrapbook, messages, action memo, and calendar.

Lot of libs and etc perms needed tho

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app