choppy 720/1080 60 fps video streaming

Search This thread

-GabrielKnight-

Aug 7, 2014
Hello, I'm new here
I just noticed that 1080 and 720 videos at 60 fps have become choppy on my nexus 5.
I can't post links, but gamersyde 720/1080 60 fps videos (i.e. the Mario Kart 8 ones), for example.
Until some time ago my nexus played the streaming perfectly, without a single frame drop or stutter. Even 1080/60 videos from the same site. Now they have become choppy... could someone try and see if it is an issue from my phone? If so, what could it be?

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Hello, I'm new here
I just noticed that 1080 and 720 videos at 60 fps have become choppy on my nexus 5.
I can't post links, but gamersyde 720/1080 60 fps videos (i.e. the Mario Kart 8 ones), for example.
Until some time ago my nexus played the streaming perfectly, without a single frame drop or stutter. Even 1080/60 videos from the same site. Now they have become choppy... could someone try and see if it is an issue from my phone? If so, what could it be?

It could just be whatever service you're streaming from, or your connection. Are you sure it's definitely your device causing the issue? Any sort of streaming works fine for me with no issues whatsoever.

-GabrielKnight-

Aug 7, 2014
I'm using the same connection I have always used. Aniway, if I download instead of streaming, the framerate is perfect

-GabrielKnight-

Aug 7, 2014
I have tried other connections, but the results where the same: videos streaming at 720 or 1080 at 60 fps, that played perfectly until some time ago, now stutter

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I have tried other connections, but the results where the same: videos streaming at 720 or 1080 at 60 fps, that played perfectly until some time ago, now stutter

Can you do a speed test to make sure the connection speeds are not too low? Sometimes WiFI has issues reaching its potential speed.

For instance my WiFi should be about 16Mbps down, however from time to time my phone is unable to pull more than 4Mbps but it only really becomes apparent if I'm trying to stream high quality video.

I can fix it by either going into Airplane mode and back, or disabling mobile data while using WiFi which technically happens automatically but can still be used as a work around.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Also, you'll get choppy results if the video has DTS audio over the network without using a custom codec.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client