AT&T Tilt with new camera app testing (+)

Search This thread

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
I've used the new camera app provided by Nadavi (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=355587)

There's three videos all were taken with my AT&T Tilt (Dutty's v3 ROM). Please note that videos are in reduced "youtube" quality, they are significantly better quality in the original file. If you want the originals, I'll upload them somewhere.

First is Ballys' fountains at night. Shot on the street around 11pm:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqJcmJc8y_s

Second is a video I took walking inside the hotel. The lighting is pretty much correct in this video, it wasn't that dark, but it definitely was dimmer than your usual work/home environment (hopefully, lol):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jZHh1Yh4zAI

Third is the video I took inside MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. This is one of their night clubs. The environment is actually not as dim as video would suggest, it's was little brighter.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3HjDFlACNU

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Theve videos WERE NOT posted to show or prove that AT&T doesn't need proper driver. I whole-heartedly believe that IT ABSOLUTELY MUST have drivers and I will fight alongside the community for their release till the end.
THese videos were made to show that with newest Nadavi's camera app Kaiser can take pretty damn good videos and pictures.
I'd also like to ask a question - if Kaiser can take such high-fps videos when there's a bright object in the center - perhaps we need to look further into the issue of how Kaiser's camera is focusing on dim objects. There was a thread somewhere about that.

Last edited:

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
fps on the screen was the same as the movie's. Not to say that i dont have extremely low fps sometimes. i can make a movie tomorrow with very low fps.... i'm just tring to get a vetter understanding of this

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
Your TyTn2 can do this. All I have that may be related my camera operation is Dutty's v3 ROM and Nadavi's camera app.

blu3

Dec 3, 2007
My camera is still slow as hell.. Can you tell us in details what you did to make your tilt camera fast under low light condition. i think we would all be really grateful. :D

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
My camera is still slow as hell.. Can you tell us in details what you did to make your tilt camera fast under low light condition. i think we would all be really grateful. :D

Guys, I didn't do anything. I installed the Nadavi's camera app and changed the settings a little bit. I decreased the brightness to -1.5, reduced sharpness... there's a thread in here somewhere that lists all the good specs for kaiser's camera.

The problem is that I do have the same exact problem you guys are seeing. For example, my office at work is poorly lit - it I point camera at the lamps - i got excellent fps. But when I point down, to say, my table, it reduced to about 2-5 fps. Point at my laptop - again high fps. I will post the video later.

What I'm trying to say is that there's more to this than the drivers, I feel. Why is Kaiser making excellent vids at night with few bright objects, and making horrible video with poorly lit office? As far as I can tell - there's one major difference. In first case we have no-light environment and few bright lights. In second case - whole environment is lit, but pooly, with no objects sticking out. Why is Kaiser trying to compensate in second case, and jsut makes a video in first case?

I will post the low fps video tomorrow..

hslayer

Jul 12, 2007
Guys, I didn't do anything. I installed the Nadavi's camera app and changed the settings a little bit. I decreased the brightness to -1.5, reduced sharpness... there's a thread in here somewhere that lists all the good specs for kaiser's camera.

The problem is that I do have the same exact problem you guys are seeing. For example, my office at work is poorly lit - it I point camera at the lamps - i got excellent fps. But when I point down, to say, my table, it reduced to about 2-5 fps. Point at my laptop - again high fps. I will post the video later.

What I'm trying to say is that there's more to this than the drivers, I feel. Why is Kaiser making excellent vids at night with few bright objects, and making horrible video with poorly lit office? As far as I can tell - there's one major difference. In first case we have no-light environment and few bright lights. In second case - whole environment is lit, but pooly, with no objects sticking out. Why is Kaiser trying to compensate in second case, and jsut makes a video in first case?

I will post the low fps video tomorrow..
i tried to look for the thread with all the good specs for the camera but no luck... do you remember which thread it was?

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
Sorry for coming on like an ass but thats the Belagio.

Thats pretty fast!! I have the app but when I record it drags everything. We should have a benchmark thread on all the big rom releases, and compare them with the app and with out, and on the OEM roms.

YYYYY

Sep 29, 2006
Tunis
I usualy have 3-5FPS in video mode, but when I press the power button to get the device to the stand by mode, and wake ipt up after a few seconds the framerate increases to about 20FPS and my videos looks as good as the videos shown in the first post. Without this "trick" my videos are just crap

Jan 11, 2008
lol

thanks yyyyyy

but it was to be the slide wake, not pressing the power button again.

that wuz awesum i can make vids again!!!

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
Ok here's another video from same configuration. Notice the drastic change in FPS when brightness of the object in center changes. It seems that if u point to something bright then FPS goes up, even if its dark around it.

PS: could u elaborate on how u increase FPS by powering down/up the kaiser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8CsPmthg0

starmena

Nov 25, 2007
Reading, PA
I usualy have 3-5FPS in video mode, but when I press the power button to get the device to the stand by mode, and wake ipt up after a few seconds the framerate increases to about 20FPS and my videos looks as good as the videos shown in the first post. Without this "trick" my videos are just crap

Wow this trick actually works. To clarify for those that don't understand: When your in Camera or Video Mode click the power button on your phone and let the phone be off(Standby) for a couple seconds; when you turn it back on by pressing the same button the FPS will increase to about 20FPS.

One problem I found out is that it does not adjust the brightness anymore so everything will sometimes look too dark (at least in my room it did)

EDIT: Now I found a thread that clarify's this better than me: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=365345

Last edited:

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
The main problem with the TyTynII camera is NOT to do with any missing drivers.

It IS to do with the fact that HTC opted to have an automatically enabled 'Nightmode' when in low-light conditions. If you enable 'Nightmode' on your normal bog-standard video camera, you will get a low frame rate just the same.

HTC need to give users the option to manually select 'Nightmode' so we can then decide ourselves if we want low-framerate/high-lighting or vise-versa..

maybe in a patch or new ROM???

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
The main problem with the TyTynII camera is NOT to do with any missing drivers.

It IS to do with the fact that HTC opted to have an automatically enabled 'Nightmode' when in low-light conditions. If you enable 'Nightmode' on your normal bog-standard video camera, you will get a low frame rate just the same.

HTC need to give users the option to manually select 'Nightmode' so we can then decide ourselves if we want low-framerate/high-lighting or vise-versa..

maybe in a patch or new ROM???

I completely agree. This is a very valid point. Whilst I agree that HTC misrepresented the graphics ability of this device and should be accountable for this, I am noticing an increasing trend to ascrbie most problems with the TyTN2 to the missing graphics drivers.

The danger of doing this is that investigation into other solutions will just tail off and this will go from being a developers forum to a consumers' one.

After all, if the slow IE scrolling had been written off as driver related, there wouldn't be an excellent cab floating out there that could fix it so easily!