[Guide]How to merge multiple mmssms.db into one file .

Search This thread

Dwama

May 27, 2012
Hiya there.
Im kinda new here in this forum so greet me well . ^^
Well I juz finished searching and figured out . I would like to share how to combine multiple mmssms.db (Message Data) file into one file where the file located on /data/data/.com.android.providers/databases

So what we gonna need is these 2 file .

*[TOOL] yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter
*SMS Backup & Restore

1. Extract yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter to you main drive. (Like mine ish C:\ )

tuto1.png

So theres the file that you extracted located open it up and see wether all the file extracted is same as in the pic.

tuto9.png

tuto7.png

2. Next we have to put the *.db file in the yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter folder,I have 2 backup *.db so I made 2 folder(Message1 and Message2) which is each mmssms.db file in each folder.

tuto8.png

3. So now were gonna convert the *.db file into *.xml .
Run cmd and put this command . (Convert all your backup *.db cause we gonna need it , depends how many you have )

cd c:\yaffs-mmssmsdb-calls-extractor

extract -s Message1\mmssms.db

Message1.xml

Juz put anyname you like as long you put .xml along with the name .

tuto3.png

And the converted file will be in the same folder yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter in the *.xml format . We gonna need those files soon just let it there .Now we're almost done , going to next step.

tuto4.png

Next, install SMS Backup & Restore on your phone . Put all converted *.xml file in the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/

SC20120531-193344.png

Now open up SMS Backup&Restore that you have install on your sdcard.

SC20120531-193357.png

Wait till the Apps pop out and Click on Restore , you will see the *.xml file that you have copied to the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/ .

SC20120531-193426.png

Now, Click on each of *.xml and restore every single of your backup message file.

SC20120531-193454.png

SC20120531-195908.png
SC20120531-195908.png

SC20120531-200054.png

And the Results ..

SC20120531-200503-2.png
SC20120531-201734.png

The Failed might be due to corrupted or unread message while backup.
Thats it ! You're done, you have merged all of you mmssms.db into one file.
Goodluck on trying , glad to help and share. ^^

oldvices

Aug 26, 2012
Perfect

This has been a real life-saver for me. Works perfectly. Many many thanks for sharing.

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
Thanks a million

This is really a lifesaver,
The screen of my phone died, so all I had access to was adb and through this guide I was able to restore messages.
I did not have to merge, but it worked the same.

Thanks once again

TotallyNuts

Aug 26, 2009
Fantastic!

Worked like a charm! I've been different methods all week, trying to copy the old mmssms.db to the database directory, and everything failed. But not this!

Tank you!

cupenk19th

Dec 17, 2012
agan TS :)
so what if we want to merge multiple contacts2.db? is it the same way? i am pretty sure it's not, the command would be different right?

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
Does this merge MMS messages as well? Or does it only merge SMS text messages?

I know SMS Backup & Restore typically doesn't restore MMS so I'm thinking this method won't work for MMS.

Last edited:

georg3003

Jul 6, 2013
SMS all Data with Delivered Date and Hour Backup/Merge/Restore

Hello,
I have a problem with all these sms backup programs.

I wish to get all SMS Data, like sent Date/Hour Text etc.

But also I wish to save the Delivered Time.

Does somebody know a Program the can list these Data and/or Backup this Data.

I could Backup nearly everything except the Delivery_Date and Delivery_Status.

Can somebody tell me how I can import/transfer/merge the SMS Data from my Note2 and Note4 to my new S7edge

Thanks for your help
George

Last edited:

moorphix

Apr 22, 2011
I try do this but i have some error :

extract : The term 'extract' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a p
ath was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ extract -s Message1\mmssms.db
+ ~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (extract:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command extract was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\extract". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
PS C:\yaffs-mmssmsdb-calls-extractor>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hiya there.
    Im kinda new here in this forum so greet me well . ^^
    Well I juz finished searching and figured out . I would like to share how to combine multiple mmssms.db (Message Data) file into one file where the file located on /data/data/.com.android.providers/databases

So what we gonna need is these 2 file .

*[TOOL] yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter
    *SMS Backup & Restore

1. Extract yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter to you main drive. (Like mine ish C:\ )

tuto1.png

So theres the file that you extracted located open it up and see wether all the file extracted is same as in the pic.

tuto9.png

tuto7.png

2. Next we have to put the *.db file in the yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter folder,I have 2 backup *.db so I made 2 folder(Message1 and Message2) which is each mmssms.db file in each folder.

tuto8.png

3. So now were gonna convert the *.db file into *.xml .
    Run cmd and put this command . (Convert all your backup *.db cause we gonna need it , depends how many you have )

cd c:\yaffs-mmssmsdb-calls-extractor

extract -s Message1\mmssms.db

Message1.xml

Juz put anyname you like as long you put .xml along with the name .

tuto3.png

And the converted file will be in the same folder yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter in the *.xml format . We gonna need those files soon just let it there .Now we're almost done , going to next step.

tuto4.png

Next, install SMS Backup & Restore on your phone . Put all converted *.xml file in the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/

SC20120531-193344.png

Now open up SMS Backup&Restore that you have install on your sdcard.

SC20120531-193357.png

Wait till the Apps pop out and Click on Restore , you will see the *.xml file that you have copied to the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/ .

SC20120531-193426.png

Now, Click on each of *.xml and restore every single of your backup message file.

SC20120531-193454.png

SC20120531-195908.png
    SC20120531-195908.png

SC20120531-200054.png

And the Results ..

SC20120531-200503-2.png
    SC20120531-201734.png

The Failed might be due to corrupted or unread message while backup.
    Thats it ! You're done, you have merged all of you mmssms.db into one file.
    Goodluck on trying , glad to help and share. ^^